[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

8 hours ago, RedSpider said:

Thank you :)

I have a separate cache pool that is exclusively for Docker containers, the appdata is:

/mnt/docker/appdata
/mnt/docker/appdata/atlas
/mnt/docker/appdata/atlas/steamcmd

Please do a grafik.png.ce1be454be7867209b62f48430094297.png (force update) on the Docker page of the container and it should startup now fine.

They added another Database connection that was not in my preconfigured 'ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json' (preconfiguration is done so that everyone can use this container easily).

Thank you for reporting that! :)

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please do a grafik.png.ce1be454be7867209b62f48430094297.png (force update) on the Docker page of the container and it should startup now fine.

They added another Database connection that was not in my preconfigured 'ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json' (preconfiguration is done so that everyone can use this container easily).

Thank you for reporting that! :)

Thank you for the quick turnaround! :)

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK.

Success! App '1006030' already up to date.
---Starting Redis Server---
Success! App '1006030' already up to date.
---Starting Redis Server---
---Prepare Server---
---Searching for grid files...---
---'ServerGrid.jpg' found!---
---'ServerGrid.json' found!---
---'ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json' found!---
---Configuring Redis---
OK
OK
Background saving started
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 834910

I still see the above in my log after re-pulling the image/forcing update but the server appears to be running, although clients cannot connect.

51 minutes ago, RedSpider said:

I still see the above in my log after re-pulling the image/forcing update but the server appears to be running, although clients cannot connect.

Are you sure that it isn't working? I can browse the game in the Steam server browser and see it.

I really can't help since I don't personally own the game.

If you report it again as broken I will pull it from the CA App since I can't troubleshoot further.

This line tells you that the game has startup just fine:

53 minutes ago, RedSpider said:

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 834910

Got the eco server up and running, thanks for docker.

Just one thing im unsure of, you mention....

'You can connect to the ECO Management Window by going to: 'http://YOURSERVERIP:8080/vnc_auto.html' (without quotes - note that you must enable set 'Server Management' to 'true') '

Though where do i find this option to set to true? Also port 8080 isnt in the docker config, does that matter?

Thanks

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, zingerburger said:

'You can connect to the ECO Management Window by going to: 'http://YOURSERVERIP:8080/vnc_auto.html' (without quotes - note that you must enable set 'Server Management' to 'true') '

Though where do i find this option to set to true? Also port 8080 isnt in the docker config, does that matter?

Sorry for the incovenience...

This is a leftover from the Windows version since the developers released a native Linux and I switched over from Windows to Linux.

I will remove this from the template ASAP.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry for the incovenience...

This is a leftover from the Windows version since the developers released a native Linux and I switched over from Windows to Linux.

I will remove this from the template ASAP.

Ahh not worries at all! In regards to server management is there a webui or something like that to manage the server?

29 minutes ago, zingerburger said:

Ahh not worries at all! In regards to server management is there a webui or something like that to manage the server?

You actually have a few options regarding to this site: Click

The only thing that's not possible is the Server UI, you can edit the files manually or you do it with the Commands (I think this would be the best way, becaus you can do it in game, but eventually you can not change everything).

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, CGRFC1872 said:

Hello, i cannot get into the terminal for the minecraft basic server i tried the command you said but its not working

How is you container named exactly and what did you enter exactly?

Did you open up a Unraid Console window or a Console window from the terminal.

Can you connect to the server? If not please also attach the log.

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

How is you container named exactly and what did you enter exactly?

Did you open up a Unraid Console window or a Console window from the terminal.

Can you connect to the server? If not please also attach the log.

i opened up the docker container terminal, i can connect to the server i entered 'exec -u minecraft -ti MinecraftBasicServer screen -xS Minecraft' minus the marks

10 minutes ago, CGRFC1872 said:

i opened up the docker container terminal

That's the problem, if you open up the container terminal only enter: 'screen -xS Minecraft'

The command: 'exec -u minecraft -ti MinecraftBasicServer screen -xS Minecraft' is meant to be if you open up a Unraid Terminal.

Just now, ich777 said:

That's the problem, if you open up the container terminal only enter: 'screen -xS Minecraft'

The command: 'exec -u minecraft -ti MinecraftBasicServer screen -xS Minecraft' is meant to be if you open up a Unraid Terminal.

Ah, that explains it, thank you for the very quick support and keep up the good work as i use alot of it :)

• Like 1
Just now, CGRFC1872 said:

im getting this error now image.png.ddbe5886442419f87386a317535e31c2.png

Uh sorry... my bad, it's better you open up a Unraid terminal and enter the whole command.

If you want to do it in the Docker terminal you have to do: 'su $USER && screen -xS Minecraft'

But it would be better if you open up a Unraid terminal and enter the whole command.

Just now, ich777 said:

Uh sorry... my bad, it's better you open up a Unraid terminal and enter the whole command.

If you want to do it in the Docker terminal you have to do: 'su $USER && screen -xS Minecraft'

But it would be better if you open up a Unraid terminal and enter the whole command.

its okay, it probably would be better to open up an unraid terminal tbh seem s a little easier

i will try it now

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

when i did the sudo one didnt work but in unraid terminal worked a treat thank you very very much :)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CGRFC1872 said:

when i did the sudo one didnt work but in unraid terminal worked a treat thank you very very much :)

Not sudo... :D

The two commands have to be:

su $USER
screen -xS Minecraft

But it would be better to open up the Unraid terminal and the description from the Container should also say that you have to open a Unraid terminal...

Hey @Cyd

I followed your guide and got a cluster up and running has been working great although I stopped to add another mod (which I have done before with no issue) and now its stuck in a boot loop. was hoping you might be able to help or at least send me in the right direction. The end changes slightly with different boots  example  "line 71: 66" will be "line 71: 58" or "line 71: 59". They seem to randomly change from a bunch of numbers all about 50~70

---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Loading Steam API...OK.

---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK.

Success! App '376030' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 71: 66 Aborted ./ShooterGameServer ${MAP}?listen?SessionName=${SERVER_NAME}?ServerPassword=${SRV_PWD}?ServerAdminPassword=${SRV_ADMIN_PWD}${GAME_PARAMS} ${GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA}

16 hours ago, ZaDoctor said:

Hey @Cyd

I followed your guide and got a cluster up and running has been working great although I stopped to add another mod (which I have done before with no issue) and now its stuck in a boot loop. was hoping you might be able to help or at least send me in the right direction. The end changes slightly with different boots  example  "line 71: 66" will be "line 71: 58" or "line 71: 59". They seem to randomly change from a bunch of numbers all about 50~70

---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Loading Steam API...OK.

---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK.

Success! App '376030' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 71: 66 Aborted ./ShooterGameServer ${MAP}?listen?SessionName=${SERVER_NAME}?ServerPassword=${SRV_PWD}?ServerAdminPassword=${SRV_ADMIN_PWD}${GAME_PARAMS} ${GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA}

If I had to take a wild guess, it would be that there is a typo at or near where you edited the ModIDs... maybe a space where there shouldn't be...

Are you using the automod manager in ark? or adding the files manually?

I have a new XML and container image that triggers the ARK automodmanager to download and update them, I will try to post it when I get home.

• Thanks 2

So I've been trying to get a fivem server up using your docker.

It installs and boots fine, but if I attempt to add any resource assets I get a could not make hard link error.

The odd thing is that I am able to connect to the docker and make said link manually, but fivem doesnt see it?

Anyone else have any idea how to fix this?

A quick google seems to show that I'm not the only one out there with beef.

6 hours ago, Harakiric said:

I'm using the fivem container and have no problems but i would really want to host it with txadmin enabled.

Is that possible with this container?

Yes that is possible, according to this page txAdmin is integrated in every FXServer above 2524 and you only have to add '+set txAdminPort 40121' to the start command.

To do that go in your template enter '+set txAdminPort 40121' (without quotes and the port that you preferr - in this case 40121) at 'Start Variables', then you have to also click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device' and select 'Port' for the Host and Containerport set the above set Port (in this case 40121), click on 'Add' and then on 'Apply'.

After the Container is fully startup you should be able to connect to txAdmin with YOURSERVERIP:YOURSETPORT

Also Please don't double post on Github and here in the Unraid Forums because I simply can't answer when I'm sleeping.

6 hours ago, fritolays said:

So I've been trying to get a fivem server up using your docker.

It installs and boots fine, but if I attempt to add any resource assets I get a could not make hard link error.

The odd thing is that I am able to connect to the docker and make said link manually, but fivem doesnt see it?

Anyone else have any idea how to fix this?

A quick google seems to show that I'm not the only one out there with beef.

Can you give me an example of this or what you are doing exactly to hard link the files or folder?

I'm not really into modding FiveM but if you can give me a link what you want to install or add I can try it on my own and report back.

If you are not the only one with that problem may it be that there is a problem with FiveM?

Anyone manage to run 2 or more squad docker? 

Can share how its done?

I tried to load another docker with a different name although the server started but i dont see it in game. All ports and portforwarding are configured. My guess now is the steamcmd not sure how to ensure that the steamcmd can work with 2 serve of the same game. ( i have tried sharing the same steamcmd and also a seperate one) non got to work.

On 1/20/2021 at 3:53 PM, Cyd said:

If I had to take a wild guess, it would be that there is a typo at or near where you edited the ModIDs... maybe a space where there shouldn't be...

Are you using the automod manager in ark? or adding the files manually?

I have a new XML and container image that triggers the ARK automodmanager to download and update them, I will try to post it when I get home.

@Cyd I have checked a few times for typos, I changed a few other things a as well although just changing values of already set options. I haven't had issues in the past but to be sure I didn't do something completely wrong I reverted back to my old config and it still didn't work. I have been adding them manually and then tried to get automod setup from your guide but that also didn't work. I believe some files got edited when one docker was still up and that might have corrupted something and I tried a quick reinstall without deleting everything but that didn't work. If you are able to upload those other dockers I would love to give them a try.

@ich777 Also thanks for all the great dockers I have a ton of your game servers running and they all work great (until I break them😃)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AlexKoh said:

I tried to load another docker with a different name although the server started but i dont see it in game. All ports and portforwarding are configured.

There are a few things you have to change, first of all you have to change the name, like you already did, then you have to change the path to the serverfiles to another than the first and at last you have to change all ports but keep in mind that I don't recommend to change only the existing ports. I would recomment that you delete all the ports in the template amd create new ones (also the steamport has to be in range of 27015-27030) and then change the config of the server to match the ports.

Hope that makes sense to you.