[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

If anyone knows a solution or is able to replicate this issue: the SCP Secret Laboratory docker is generating absolutely huge log files within a few minutes of running, and I can't find a way to disable or prevent it from happening. It looks like the log file is corrupting since there are only a few lines (no garbage characters, all file readers show nothing). A fresh install with all default settings has the same issue. 

Screenshot 2021-01-29 235955.png

unknown.png

27 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I will try to replicate the issue, are you talking about a complete fresh installation with nothing changed in the template?

Thank you - yes, I deleted the docker, image, and the folder inside /appdata/. Then reinstalled from community apps and left everything default.

(The server ran perfectly fine for many months up until recently, so thanks for all the fun times we've had so far!)

5 minutes ago, shikinami said:

Thank you - yes, I deleted the docker, image, and the folder inside /appdata/. Then reinstalled from community apps and left everything default.

(The server ran perfectly fine for many months up until recently, so thanks for all the fun times we've had so far!)

I'm currently trying to turn of loging but the server ignores all command line switches and even when I put it in the 'scp_multiadmin.cfg'.

Did you know if there where any update of the game lately?

hey ich,

first off, thanks for making these docker templates. i am trying to get an eco server up and running but it doesnt seem to be downloading or installing eco. steamcmd has downloaded properly. here is what the logs say

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
/serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh: line 38: 24 Segmentation fault $DEBUGGER "$STEAMEXE" "$@"
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
/serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh: line 38: 47 Segmentation fault $DEBUGGER "$STEAMEXE" "$@"
---Prepare Server---
---Checking if everything is in place---
---'Network.eco' not found, downloading---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 57: cd: /serverdata/serverfiles/Configs: No such file or directory
Network.eco: Permission denied
---Something went wrong, can't download 'Network.eco', continuing---
---Checking for old logfiles---
/serverdata/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh: line 38: 47 Segmentation fault $DEBUGGER "$STEAMEXE" "$@"

after this it just boot cycles with the same.

thanks!

On 1/29/2021 at 8:21 AM, ich777 said:

I have now updated the container, please force an update of the container on the Docker page in Unraid: grafik.png.be15b053c1645caaa6b10f236105ede5.png

You now have the ability to delete the entry 'server.cfg' from the variable 'ConfigFile' and the server will start without the server.cfg and load up the txAdmin, but keep in mind that you have to add another Port entry in the template with the container and host port '40120', also you don't have to set any ConVars since these are only if you want to change the port, the default port for txAdmin is 40120 and you then can connect to you txAdmin console with YOURSERVERIP:40120 attached a few screenshots (will update the template discription shortly):

grafik.thumb.png.f8d29b4027362c575540f78f35450d3e.png

grafik.png.3ddfe648cfeb6a6caeb8cb4c1a40927b.png

grafik.png.e82fcdae0183837f0ffaa794e6e04147.png

grafik.png.5dd3ba43845ac33af4c9ba5960edee78.png

This worked incredibly well, thank you so much!!!

You're the best!

• Like 1
On 3/22/2020 at 6:43 AM, Sharp said:

I'm having issues with the Garry's Mod server. Completely fresh container with no addons. It's the exact same issue another user reported before.

Of which you responded with the following advice:

I was on 6.8.2, and updated assuming that would help, but unfortunately it didn't. Even though your advice wasn't to use the cache directory if you were on 6.8.3, I tried it anyway and had no luck. You probably didn't expect it to, but in any case this is what I got: 

I do use a cache drive though, so do you reckon there is still something to it? I've been nearly pulling my hair out trying to work out why it won't work. 

My container settings

Note: I have tried it with and without the validation setting, and with various other game parameters, including the default value that came with the container.

sorry to dig this up, but I have similiar issues with the gmod docker.

Can anyone help ?

tcmalloc: large alloc 4286971904 bytes == (nil) @ 
Failed to load keyvalues file cfg/mount.cfg!
Couldn't load shader dll: game_shader_generic_garrysmod_srv.soConVarRef mat_dxlevel doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Game_srv.so loaded for "Garry's Mod"
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 4000
---------------
Paths:
--- ENGINECORE ---
"/serverdata/serverfiles/bin/" "EXECUTABLE_PATH" 
"/serverdata/serverfiles/" "BASE_PATH" 
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/bin/" "GAMEBIN" 
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/" "LOGDIR" 
--- GMODCORE ---
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/workshop/" "GAME" 
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/workshop/" "workshop" 
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/workshop/" "thirdparty" 
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/garrysmod.vpk" "MOD" (VPK)
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/garrysmod.vpk" "GAME" (VPK)
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/garrysmod.vpk" "garrysmod" (VPK)
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/overrides/" "MOD" 
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/overrides/" "GAME" 
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/overrides/" "garrysmod" 
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/" "MOD" 
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/" "MOD_WRITE" 
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/" "DEFAULT_WRITE_PATH" 
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/" "GAME" 
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/" "GAME_WRITE" 
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/" "garrysmod" 
--- SOURCESDK ---
"/serverdata/serverfiles/sourceengine/hl2_misc.vpk" "GAME" (VPK)
"/serverdata/serverfiles/sourceengine/hl2_sound_misc.vpk" "GAME" (VPK)
"/serverdata/serverfiles/sourceengine/hl2_sound_vo_english.vpk" "GAME" (VPK)
"/serverdata/serverfiles/sourceengine/hl2_textures.vpk" "GAME" (VPK)
"/serverdata/serverfiles/sourceengine/" "GAME" 
"/serverdata/serverfiles/platform/platform_misc.vpk" "GAME" (VPK)
"/serverdata/serverfiles/platform/" "GAME" 
--- DOWNLOADS ---
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/download/" "GAME" 
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/download/" "DOWNLOAD" 
--- FALLBACKS ---
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/fallbacks.vpk" "GAME" (VPK)
"/serverdata/serverfiles/garrysmod/fallbacks/" "GAME" 
LOAD FROM FILE FAILED resource/serverevents.res

[ERROR] 37 Segmentation fault

On 1/30/2021 at 5:38 AM, BlazingChaos said:

were would i find the start uo command

Does removing the Value 'Traxons' from 'GAME_PARAMS' solve the problem?

And yes it should be possible to delete everything and start fresh with your old save:

1. Stop the Container
  2. Go to your eco directory and save the folder 'Storage' somewhere locally on your computer
  3. Delete the Container from Unraid and also delete the folder 'eco' in your 'appdata' directory
  4. Redownload the Container from the CA App and wait for it to fully start up
  5. Stop the container
  6. Delete the folder 'Storage' that lives in your 'eco' folder and copy it in your 'eco' directory it with the locally saved folder from step 3
  7. Start the Container

7 hours ago, ShadyPhD said:

steamcmd has downloaded properly.

Are you sure that SteamCMD is downloaded successfully? Since it segfaults...

Have you installed a Cache drive in your server and made sure that the appdata folder or at least SteamCMD is on it?

If not please make sure that if you are using no Cache drive and your appdata directory is on the Array that you select one disk and the files are not split over mulitple disks.

Please make also sure that your Container has exclusive access to the internet and is not blocked by PiHole or anything else.

I attached a log what the startup should look like if you completely install it from scratch: eco.log

2 hours ago, Fresh said:

sorry to dig this up, but I have similiar issues with the gmod docker.

No problem. ;)

Have you installed a Cache drive?

Is this the default configuration of GarrysMod or have you anything added (Libraries, Mods,..)?

Also downloaded a fresh copy of the Container and this is what the log should look like if you install it from scratch: garrysmod.log

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

No problem. ;)

Have you installed a Cache drive?

Is this the default configuration of GarrysMod or have you anything added (Libraries, Mods,..)?

Also downloaded a fresh copy of the Container and this is what the log should look like if you install it from scratch: garrysmod.log

Hi, i have no mods or anything. Just trying to run the docker through the pterodactyl panel (to start/stop it) . Had to change some paths but that shouldn't cause the issue right? it's on cache /mnt/cache etc

2 hours ago, Fresh said:

Just trying to run the docker through the pterodactyl panel (to start/stop it) .

I think that's causing the issue, can you try to run it without pterodactyl just for troubleshooting reasons?

Some path's seem way off?

Isn't RCON a option to restart it (the container will always restart because it's set to restart unless-stopped).

Hi guys!

I hope it's okay to post this Q here, otherwise I will ofc remove it!

I wanted to host a rust-server using this docker which worked out great BUT I also want to hide my ip when making a public gameserver, read that you can use a reverse proxy on a VPS to hide it but it's a bit hard to know how to set it up. 

Maybe someone here can helpt me or point me in the right direction?

Currently I have installde debian 9 on my VPS + ngnix + changed IP tables using this guide:

NGNIX

stream {
upstream rust {
    server my_ip:28015;
}

server {
    listen 28015;
proxy_pass rustudp;
}
upstream rust {
    server my_ip:28015;
}

server {
    listen 28015 udp;
proxy_pass rustudp;
}
upstream rust1 {
    server my_ip:28016;
}

server {
    listen 28016;
proxy_pass rust1;
}
upstream rust1udp {
    server my_ip:28016;
}

server {
    listen 28016;
proxy_pass rust1udp;
}

Iptables

sudo iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 28015 -j DNAT --to-destination ip:28015
sudo iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 28015 -j DNAT --to-destination ip:28015
sudo iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 28016 -j DNAT --to-destination ip:28016
sudo iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 28016 -j DNAT --to-destination ip:28016
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE

but how can I connect this to the docker? 

I was thinking about getting swag and add the port there + creating a new docker network which rust-docker will be using or am I completly wrong on this? (have been trying following spaceinvaderone but that guide uses domain and another app so I'm trying to implement that guide on my scenario..

Thank in advance for any help :)

24 minutes ago, Digiboy said:

I wanted to host a rust-server using this docker which worked out great BUT I also want to hide my ip when making a public gameserver, read that you can use a reverse proxy on a VPS to hide it but it's a bit hard to know how to set it up. 

Sorry but I think that is not possible but I could be maybe wrong...

If it's possible I don't think it's worth the effort.

Wouldn't it be easier to host RUST on the VPS?

Just now, ich777 said:

Sorry but I think that is not possible but I could be maybe wrong...

If it's possible I don't think it's worth the effort.

Wouldn't it be easier to host RUST on the VPS?

oh :(

Yes it would be easier but it would cost a lot more, trying to save the money by doing it this way