[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

44 minutes ago, RPM-Monkey said:

Thanks for that. Awesome response t
Time aswell.

I'll do that in the morning.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I added a note to the template hope that's sufficient enough:

SERVER BROWSER: It could take really long that the server shows up in the in game server list, if you want to connect directly simply go to the Steam Server Browser - View -> Servers -> Favourites -> Add Server -> SERVERIP:SERVERPORT+1 (eg: if the server port is 2456 then you have to enter something like: 192.168.0.1:2457) -> click on Add -> click on more time on Refresh, after that you can connect to the server with a double click.

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

This was discusses one page erlier...

I took another look, all I could find is this post:

This refers to using SERVERIP:2456 in Steam Server list - this doesn't work, Steam server browser requires port+1 (SERVERIP:2457)

Thanks again for the docker, working great over here and much appreciated.

Edited by ConnectivIT
8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you changed anyhting in the template? Can you attach a screenshot from the template?

I would recommend to start over and try it with the default template:

Delete the container

Delete the created directory for Valheim in the appdata folder

Redownload it from the CA App

EDIT: Have you installed a cache drive in your system and is the share on which the folder for Valheim is located set to use cache 'Only' or 'Preferred'?

Yep I've tried deleting the container and the directories it makes multiple times but it still gets stuck in the same part. I really haven't changed anything in the template apart from server name, world name and the password. Here's a screenshot https://imgur.com/a/7eR0kPx. And yes its on a cache drive and the directory is set to only. 

9 minutes ago, jvperez said:

I really haven't changed anything in the template apart from server name, world name and the password.

Oh sorry, I looked now again over the log and it seems perfectly fine. ;)

What is the exact problem? The server has successfully started in your case, I bet you can't see it in the ingame browser or am I wrong? All the posts before are about that... :D

I also added a note to the template that says:

SERVER BROWSER: It could take really long that the server shows up in the in game server list, if you want to connect directly simply go to the Steam Server Browser - View -> Servers -> Favourites -> Add Server -> SERVERIP:SERVERPORT+1 (eg: if the server port is 2456 then you have to enter something like: 192.168.0.1:2457) -> click on Add -> click on more time on Refresh, after that you can connect to the server with a double click.

• Like 1

I really wish each game had a support page.

Trying to install Factorio docker again. When editing the "server-settings.json" it won't let me save because it says I do not have the permissions. How do I bypass that? This is the first time I've had this issue and I've used this docker for over a year.

6 minutes ago, jagr200 said:

I really wish each game had a support page.

Then there would be about 100 pages here and that is too much for a single developer... :D

Trying to install Factorio docker again.

This is actually not my Container, I only created the template because Factorio as a more or less "official" container.

When editing the "server-settings.json" it won't let me save because it says I do not have the permissions.

Where did you edit it over SMB?

You can also try to download the 'CA Config Editor' from the CA App and edit the file with it (please note to please be sure to create a backup of the file in the CA Config Editor).

The second thing that you can try is to reset the file permissions on the command line...

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Oh sorry, I looked now again over the log and it seems perfectly fine. ;)

What is the exact problem? The server has successfully started in your case, I bet you can't see it in the ingame browser or am I wrong? All the posts before are about that... :D

I also added a note to the template that says:

So what ports would need to be opened in firewall then 2456 and 2457? Thanks for the help by the way! 

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Then there would be about 100 pages here and that is too much for a single developer... :D

This is actually not my Container, I only created the template because Factorio as a more or less "official" container.

You can also try to download the 'CA Config Editor' from the CA App and edit the file with it (please note to please be sure to create a backup of the file in the CA Config Editor).

The second thing that you can try is to reset the file permissions on the command line...

Fair enough.

I got it fixed. Edited permissions in the command line. For some reason they were set to read only.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

One more question/issue. The game is version 1.1.19 which is the most stable and final release. Sever version is 1.1.21. Seems like an error but I don't know how to correct that.

The game is version 1.1.19 which is the most stable and final release. Sever version is 1.1.21.

You can see all versions or better speaking Tags here: Click

To change the Tag go to the template and at 'Repository' change it from stable to what you want from the link above (for example if you use 'factoriotools/factorio' this means that you want to use always the latest version, everything after the ":" is the Tag):

grafik.thumb.png.a84ce6be873296a4fc9b09135e0508b6.png

6 minutes ago, jvperez said:

How would one go about transferring the save files?

In your 'valheim' folder that is located in your appdata directory you should have a '.config' folder and there is the savegame (actually you have to go into a little more subdirectories in the '.config' folder can't remember the exact path but I think you will find it ;) ).

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You can see all versions or better speaking Tags here: Click

To change the Tag go to the template and at 'Repository' change it from stable to what you want from the link above (for example if you use 'factoriotools/factorio' this means that you want to use always the latest version, everything after the ":" is the Tag):

grafik.thumb.png.a84ce6be873296a4fc9b09135e0508b6.png

That is so weird. Because they said on friday 1.1.19 is the final release. And now the website shows 1.1.21 as experimental. Thanks for that.

Well now anytime I edit the server config files and restart the sever it creates new files. So I can not get any of the files to stick.

Regarding updated Arma 3 Server container:

Updated the container this morning, and my server started to Segmentation Fault when starting up.

After a while, noticed that the container was trying to run arma3server_x64. I recalled that it had been running the x32 version before.

So I renamed the x64.exe file to something else, added x64 to the normal arma3server.exe, and everything is now back and running.

10 hours ago, GrumpyTanker said:

Updated the container this morning, and my server started to Segmentation Fault when starting up.

Thanks for the report.

10 hours ago, GrumpyTanker said:

After a while, noticed that the container was trying to run arma3server_x64. I recalled that it had been running the x32 version before.

I have now reverted back the PR that I've got a few days before.

Please don't edit the main files in your game directory since I've now reverted back the changes and your server wouldn't be able to start.

1. Stop the container
  2. Change the files back to their original name
  3. Do a grafik.png.da3a20cdceb312657a06bec71c8e324e.png of the container on the Docker page
  4. Start the container

I will investigate that further why the x64 executable isn't working and push a update where it is working.

On 1/30/2021 at 1:51 AM, ich777 said:

I have implemented a quick fix for now and disabled the log to prevent the logfile from ballooning.

Please grafik.png.be300c2cfa00ab726a0de71a751fef3f.png the container.

Sorry to be a bother again! 

The log fix seems to work for the huge files inside /logs/. I also read the replies to the github issue you opened and your fix based on that info seems to be working. However, I've noticed there's now a 'masterLog.0' file within the root directory that is also getting huge within just a few minutes. 

We're still experiencing similar random crashes, so I'm unsure of if these 'logs' are the root problem or are just symptoms of something else.

Screenshot 2021-02-07 012947.png

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, shikinami said:

We're still experiencing similar random crashes

Thanks for reporting that and sorry for the inconvenience, pushed another fix so that this should hopefully be the last fix that is needed...

Please do a grafik.png.ea50cc441f0c162a037b88ed465965e7.png on the Docker page and the issue should be gone. ;)

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, GrumpyTanker said:

Regarding updated Arma 3 Server container:

So I renamed the x64.exe file to something else, added x64 to the normal arma3server.exe, and everything is now back and running.

Hi ich777,

I've expierenced the same Issue but would suggest an other solution to fix this:

Can you add a parameter in the "Show more settings" section with the executable can be choosen from (standard value is the 32bit server executable)?

This would allow the server admins also to choose easily a performance or profile executable with different names.

This would be very convinient.

BTW: Creat Docker Container.

Greetings

32 minutes ago, John2222 said:

I've expierenced the same Issue but would suggest an other solution to fix this:

I will investigate further, I've reverted the changes now please force an update and the server will run with the 32bit one.

I will investigate further why it's segfaulting and then switch over to 64bit, but this will take some time...

On 2/6/2021 at 10:53 AM, ich777 said:

Sadly this is something for the Factorio forums since this is not my container and I can't do anything to change that... :/

EDIT: Or even better opten up a Github Issue: Click

They just passed over my question. Looks like this docker is obsolete. Because setting it up it doesn't work any longer. And I've used it for over a year up until this point.