[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 minute ago, jagr200 said:

They just passed over my question. Looks like this docker is obsolete. Because setting it up it doesn't work any longer. And I've used it for over a year up until this point.

Can you give me a link to your Github issue?

The container is again obsolete? :D

Sorry but I can only laugh...

This is the second time that it would become obsolete and I have to change to another repo, but I can't imagine that since on DockerHub the last update was pushed about 2 days ago...

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you give me a link to your Github issue?

The container is again obsolete? :D

Sorry but I can only laugh...

This is the second time that it would become obsolete and I have to change to another repo, but I can't imagine that since on DockerHub the last update was pushed about 2 days ago...

Well ever since the last couple of factorio updates it doesn't work. It won't connect to the factorio servers or it won't load mods. It overwrites the .json files with blank files every time it starts. So something is weird now. So I would say that it is infact obsolete as it does not work. Is that your fault? No. But the people maintaining that github don't seem to care too much.

They had an issue with incorrect version numbers and they said that they literally don't care....

https://github.com/factoriotools/factorio-docker/issues/369

Well ever since the last couple of factorio updates it doesn't work. It won't connect to the factorio servers or it won't load mods. It overwrites the .json files with blank files every time it starts. So something is weird now. So I would say that it is infact obsolete as it does not work. Is that your fault? No. But the people maintaining that github don't seem to care too much.

They had an issue with incorrect version numbers and they said that they literally don't care....

https://github.com/factoriotools/factorio-docker/issues/369

This is a issue that is about mods, just to let you know go into the template and click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device', select 'Variable' from the dropdown, at Key enter 'UPDATE_MODS_ON_START' and at Value 'true', click on 'Add' and then on 'Apply' I already posted that on Github. :)

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

This is a issue that is about mods, just to let you know go into the template and click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device', select 'Variable' from the dropdown, at Key enter 'UPDATE_MODS_ON_START' and at Value 'true', click on 'Add' and then on 'Apply' I already posted that on Github. :)

I saw your response. Thank you.

Now my issue is that when I start the server it shows up. It connects to factorio and I can see the server in the server browser. But even with all the mods in the mod folder it will not add them to the game. They do not show up.

Just now, ich777 said:

Is the Server working without any mods or better speaking can you connect to it without mods?

Sorry I'm not too familiar with mods...

Yes it works without the mods. I can connect to it via direct ip or through the server browser.

When I add the mods into the mod folder at /mnt/user/appdata/factorio/mods it won't let me add them because of permissions. So I used THIS(changed to factorio) to change the permissions. I could then add them all to the folder. When I start the server it creates a mod-settings.json file. That file is supposed to have all the mods listed. But it creates it with just a base mod file. When I drag my correct version from my local device over that has all the mods enabled it saves in the folder correctly. But soon as I start the server it just overwrites that file again. So it wont activate the mods. Looking at the log as the server starts it used to show that it was starting every mod. It doesn't do that now.

4 minutes ago, jagr200 said:

because of permissions. So I used THIS(changed to factorio) to change the permissions.

Try to use: 'chmod -R 777 WHATEVERDIRYOUWANT', that is the "Ultimate" permission... :D

EDIT: But don't use that on the whole server just one directory! USE WITH CAUTION!

4 minutes ago, jagr200 said:

That file is supposed to have all the mods listed. But it creates it with just a base mod file.

I can only think that it can't read the files and empty's the file again.

Try to use: 'chmod -R 777 WHATEVERDIRYOUWANT', that is the "Ultimate" permission... :D

EDIT: But don't use that on the whole server just one directory! USE WITH CAUTION!

I can only think that it can't read the files and empty's the file again.

So should I use that command on the entire factorio directory? So /mnt/user/appdata/factorio or just the mods folder? Also do I do the chown first at that link and then use the command you said or should I do just your command?

Just now, jagr200 said:

So should I use that command on the entire factorio directory? So /mnt/user/appdata/factorio or just the mods folder?

No, just for the mods folder, that can mess up your whole permissions.

Also do I do the chown first at that link and then use the command you said or should I do just your command?

No because with this command you allow the user/group/others to read/write/execute the files that are inside the folder...

No, just for the mods folder, that can mess up your whole permissions.

No because with this command you allow the user/group/others to read/write/execute the files that are inside the folder...

Unfortunately that didn't work. I tried to drop the new file into that folder and it didnt work.

2 minutes ago, jagr200 said:

Unfortunately that didn't work. I tried to drop the new file into that folder and it didnt work.

Sorry I'm really unfamiliar how mods work on Factorio...

I only play the vanilla variant or better speaking played the vanilla Factorio, the forum is almost a full time job. ^^

20 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry I'm really unfamiliar how mods work on Factorio...

I only play the vanilla variant or better speaking played the vanilla Factorio, the forum is almost a full time job. ^^

Factorio itself has a great mod manager built in. You literally go and click install. It puts them in  \appdata\roaming\factorio\mods

I have always just taken them from there and moved them over to the mods folder at \mnt\user\appdata\factorio\mods and it has worked. Well now it isn't working and I don't know why. Sad. Vanilla version is so boring once you install some of these mods.

I really appreciate all the help. I know you don't get paid for this so it is awesome that you continue to update all of these.

Just now, jagr200 said:

I really appreciate all the help. I know you don't get paid for this so it is awesome that you continue to update all of these.

Please at least try on Github itself, since I officially don't support any mods, I only create the base Containers everything else is up to the user and since I'm made many of the Containers by request I can't play every game and test if it works with every mod... :)

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please at least try on Github itself, since I officially don't support any mods, I only create the base Containers everything else is up to the user and since I'm made many of the Containers by request I can't play every game and test if it works with every mod... :)

Ya I posted in their github. As you saw. They answered the one question kind of. But skipped the other. Oh well. Guess I'll just give up. I've been trying to get this to work for over 24 hours now and haven't gotten it to work.

1 hour ago, Boo3 said:

I can't get the tf2 server running its says segmentation fault and crashes any idea what im doing wrong? I dont have a cache drive and that share can only write to disk 2. So it doesn't split up.

Screenshot 2021-02-08 145217.png

I try this now on my own, can you please try to use a share that has no space in it, yours is named 'Game Server' can you try to make a folder named 'GameServers' and also make sure that the folder 'GameServers' is set to includ only disk2 in your 'Shares'?

EDIT: Server runs just fine and I see it in the Steam Server browser, attached a screenshot from the log and the Steam Server browser (please try to remove the '+map MAPNAME' from your GAME_PARAMS just for testing purposes):

grafik.thumb.png.b9b6fea1c32539d373303c7289bbe605.png

grafik.thumb.png.555246e6858a7426b526edf22d2d59e3.png

5 hours ago, MacGeekPaul said:

Valheim server working perfectly here, thank you @ich777

How!?

For the life of me I cannot seem to get it working :S My log just shows that it continuously restarts itself :S

Edit:

Welp, I just restarted the server  after a couple days, and now it seems to work perfectly.

My bad...

Edited by tinycatsamurai
It works now.