[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Exactly, by default it will create a folder in your valheim directory named 'Backup' and it will keep the last 24 backups that are created every 62 minutes, if that's enough you don't have to redownload it from the CA App.

Okay perfect. I just checked and the backups are running as scheduled. Really appreciate you adding this!

• Like 1

Has anyone found out if you can use cheats on dedicated servers? We have summoned the 2nd boss 2 times and can't get them dead. I found the Adminlist.txt under \"Server"\Appdata\valheim\.config\unity3d\IronGate\Valheim entered my SteamID and restarted the server. But unfortunately has not yet brought anything. 

With the inspiration (read thievery) from @growlith I present the A3C (ARK Cluster Companion Container). It and the accompanying XLM files should allow for a fairly simple stand up of a new ARK server cluster.

https://github.com/CydFSA/A3C

Go to the github, fetch the XMLs for however many servers you want to use in your new cluster, salt them to taste with your information (server names, cluster name, passwords, adminpasswords, ect...). 

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

• Like 2

I'm trying to get the console for Garry's Mod and I put in the Unraid Console 'docker exec -u steam -ti GarrysMod screen -xS GarrysMod' and I get the error 'OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:349: starting container process caused "exec: "screen": executable file not found in $PATH": unknown' back.

9 hours ago, Shadowbane said:

Bitte helft mir

Fehlt dir evtl. der Startparameter '+exec server.cfg' in den GAME_PARAMETERS?

Bitte nur Englisch in diesem Thread, deutsche Fragen bitte ins Deutsche Unterforum.

Du hast auch hier so wenig Infos gegeben, ist die server.cfg im Verzeichnis hinterlegt? Wie sieht den Docker template aus?

Please only english!

7 hours ago, Racoon1989 said:

Has anyone found out if you can use cheats on dedicated servers?

This is a question you should ask on the Valheim Discord/Forums/Steam Community Hub.

7 hours ago, Racoon1989 said:

SteamID

Are you admin in the game and can use console commands? Are you sure that you've entered the right ID (I think there are 3 different ones) -> this would be also a question for the Valheim Discord/Forums/Steam Community Hub.

43 minutes ago, Kaidey said:

I'm trying to get the console for Garry's Mod and I put in the Unraid Console 'docker exec -u steam -ti GarrysMod screen -xS GarrysMod' and I get the error 'OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:349: starting container process caused "exec: "screen": executable file not found in $PATH": unknown' back.

This is because I don't implemented screen and this way of connecting to the console, please set a RCON password and connect through RCON to the console.

8 hours ago, Racoon1989 said:

Has anyone found out if you can use cheats on dedicated servers? We have summoned the 2nd boss 2 times and can't get them dead. I found the Adminlist.txt under \"Server"\Appdata\valheim\.config\unity3d\IronGate\Valheim entered my SteamID and restarted the server. But unfortunately has not yet brought anything. 

Cheat codes do not function on dedicated servers, only the non-cheat set of admin commands (kick/ban, etc)

re: 2nd boss - Try having one person tank with bronze armor/shield and everyone else shoot fire arrows from a good distance.

Edited by ConnectivIT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2/10/2021 at 2:54 PM, ich777 said:

ou also have to change the ports, to do that, delete the entry 'UDP - Game Port Range' entirely, then click on 'Show more settings ...' and change the 'GAME_PORT' to something different (keep in mind that if you set it for example to 2469 the next two port are also reserved to that game server that means 2469-2471 are now reserverd for that container) and at last create a new port entry like for in this example for the ports 2469-2471 UDP to do that click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device' select 'Port' from the drop down and both at container and host port '2469-2471' and select 'UDP' at 'Connection Type', click on 'Add' and 'Apply' and the container should start up.

Now the last thing you have to do is open the corresponding UDP ports in your Router/Firewall, like in this example: 2469-2471 UDP.

I've tried the above by changing the GamePort to 2466 and removed and created a new line for UDP 2466-2468.

Opened the port on the router but it doesn't appear in the server list. Both ingame and steam.

Any other tips i could try?

gamports.jpg

Unraid.jpg

1 hour ago, Joop said:

I've tried the above by changing the GamePort to 2466 and removed and created a new line for UDP 2466-2468.

Opened the port on the router but it doesn't appear in the server list. Both ingame and steam.

Any other tips i could try?

gamports.jpg

Unraid.jpg

It can take up to 30 minutes for it to show up.

20 minutes ago, Nanobug said:

It can take up to 30 minutes for it to show up.

It should be up for an hour or so but still doesn't show up.

Normally when i reboot the server that is working it appears within 5 minutes.

Feels like i'm either missing something or the Docker is not using the given ports.

21 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you find it in the Steam Server Browser if you enter: YOURSERVERIP:2467 ?

No i was not able to find it in the list, the old one that is running default is appearing in the list.

Steam1.jpg

When searching for myip:port, tried 2466-2467-2468 but none of these come back as responding.

And ingame i can't find it except the original game on the standard ports.

steam2.jpg

Router ports

router.jpg

Edited by Joop
added screenshots
9 minutes ago, BenLunt said:

Would you ever consider adding a webui/screen with the server console for your Garry's Mod gameserver docker as RCon is limited in the fact that you have to be in the game to use it.

No, what is your usecase and why is RCON limited? You can use all console commands that you can use if you are on the real console of the game.

2 hours ago, Joop said:

No i was not able to find it in the list, the old one that is running default is appearing in the list.

Are you sure that you entered all right, I now tried it and I just can see it fine in my server browser (please note that you have to enter not the port that is displayed below, you have to enter the port 2467 since the serverport +1 is the query port):

grafik.png.b75fbeb5cd70d0227f2928e9b500f3a1.png

On 2/13/2021 at 11:02 AM, jeremytodd1 said:

So I've been hosting a Valheim server for some friends on my Windows computer for a few days and it's been going well.

I saw that there is now a docker container though and would like to switch to this. I just setup the container and I can join the game with my "localip:2457" but I cannot join with my external IP:2457". When trying to add "externalip:2457" to my Steam's favorite servers, it just says <not responding>. 

I have verified that the correct ports are forwarded on my Unifi router as well.

Anyone else running into this issue?

On 2/13/2021 at 11:26 AM, TheExplorographer said:

I too am trying to run this in a Docker and have my server set to public but it is not showing up in the Steam Server list.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.  Ports are all set correctly.  I ran a RUST server for a while with no problems.

I'm having similar troubles. Had no problem running a valheim server on my windows computer and forwarding those ports, and people were able to connect externally. Moved to this docker, and changed the port forwarding to the local sever ip, and I can access the server locally, but my friends can't access it externally. Any ideas?

Edited by Crash
20 minutes ago, Crash said:

but my friends can't access it externally.

Even if they are trying to connect through the Steam Server browser?

I can connect through it just fine.

Please read the second recommended post in this thread at the top.

EDIT: Eventually a log output would be helpful if the server is running also, have you changed something in the template?

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Even if they are trying to connect through the Steam Server browser?

I can connect through it just fine.

Please read the second recommended post in this thread at the top.

EDIT: Eventually a log output would be helpful if the server is running also, have you changed something in the template?

Yes. Steam Server Browser shows "not responding" for all 3 ports.

1 minute ago, Crash said:

Yes. Steam Server Browser shows "not responding" for all 3 ports.

Sorry I really can't help when you are not answering the questions...

Have you changed anything in the template?

Are you sure that you forwarded the right ports and also the right protocol (UDP)?

When you are saying you've hosted this on a Windows machine was this through the game itself?

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry I really can't help when you are not answering the questions...

Have you changed anything in the template?

Are you sure that you forwarded the right ports and also the right protocol (UDP)?

When you are saying you've hosted this on a Windows machine was this through the game itself?

Template:

Haven't changed much.

VYHqfdz.png

Ports:
zeIgcJv.png

Server is indeed running on 192.168.0.58. This setup worked for my desktop windows PC and people could see the server running on steam's server browser. Ports are "both" tcp and udp just as a troubleshooting measure.

I will provide logs next.

On my computer on my local network:

901tTcr.png

from friends computer using my public ip on a different network:

OKNCzrl.png

Edited by Crash
2 minutes ago, Crash said:

Ports are "both" tcp and udp just as a troubleshooting measure.

Please notice that both is not UDP and some games won't connect if they detect that TCP is also opened like Chivalry: Medival Warefare.

4 minutes ago, Crash said:

This setup worked for my desktop windows PC and people could see the server running on steam's server browser.

Was this a dedicated instance or did you hosted that in game?

Please note that you are hosted the server in game this is a completely different story because your IP is routed through a relay server.

I tried it now and it works fine and I can see it from "outside" in the Steam Server Browser.

Please note that if you have as base port 2456 then your friends have to add it with: YOURPUBLICIP:2457

I can only think of a problem with your ISP or that it takes some time to update.

25 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please notice that both is not UDP and some games won't connect if they detect that TCP is also opened like Chivalry: Medival Warefare.

Was this a dedicated instance or did you hosted that in game?

Please note that you are hosted the server in game this is a completely different story because your IP is routed through a relay server.

I tried it now and it works fine and I can see it from "outside" in the Steam Server Browser.

Please note that if you have as base port 2456 then your friends have to add it with: YOURPUBLICIP:2457

I can only think of a problem with your ISP or that it takes some time to update.

Ah okay, didn't realize that the in-game hosting uses a relay. Thank you for that.

I changed the ports back to explicitly UDP in my router. No luck there.

I tried spinning up the dedicated client on my windows PC and had the same troubles. I doubt it's my ISP because I'm hosting web servers (on 80, 81, 443) and several other things on ports like 1991 and 9000, and all of those work fine. Never had any problems port forwarding things before.

Means it's not the docker at fault at least, so I'd understand you not being able to provide any direction from here unless you have any ideas. Can I change the UDP port range and main port without the server breaking?

Edited by Crash
3 minutes ago, Crash said:

Never had any problems port forwarding things before.

Eventually try to contact your ISP about that if they block any ports, eventually they block UDP ports...?

3 minutes ago, Crash said:

Can I change the UDP port range and main port without the server breaking?

Yes that's possible, look here: