[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 hour ago, Baitham said:

I however cant get it to show under community servers. My friends can connect using my IP I'm the only one that sees it in the community list in game. 

Can you explain this a little bit more?

You can't join the game but your friends can?

Or are you the only one that can see it in game?

If you are the only one that can see it in the in game server list that's something you have to ask the developers of the game itself since I can't do much about it because it's related directly to the game and not my container.

Please keep in mind that the game is really early alpha state and such things are very likely to happen, if you and your freinds can join through the Steam Server Browser everything should be fine. ;)

• Thanks 1
On 2/9/2021 at 3:21 PM, luckyy said:

Just thought I'd share my experience setting up a Valheim server with this docker app from @ich777(thank you!)

You don't need to worry about Steam authentication for Valheim, the default anonymous user can download and host a server (yay!), so no fuss with Steam users or Steam Guard to worry about.

1. Deploy the docker as provided, leaving username & password blank.
  2. The Server Name field is important, this is how your name will appear in the public server list in Valheim.  (as of this writing there are 7 "Valheim Docker" server names, good luck finding yours!    So choose something unique that you and your friends can find.
  3. World Name is the name of your world, this can be anything, if you wish to import a single-player or self-hosted save file in your docker, this name must be set to the same name/spelling as your save game world.
  4. Save the docker/let it install.
  5. You'll want to make sure your firewall or router has UDP ports 2456-2458 forwarded to your Unraid server's IP so the game can work as intended.

In 10-15 minutes typically you should see your server name in the public server list in Valheim, you're done!

* if you wish to import a previous save file, you need to make sure the Docker is Stopped first.   Then browse your local computer's profile, typically in "%appdata%\..\LocalLow\IronGate\Valheim\worlds" you will find your save games.

You'll want to take a copy of your world files, database, everything named the same as your world name over to your docker data files, by default with this docker settings should be:

\\<your unraid server IP or name>\appdata\valheim\.config\unity3d\IronGate\Valheim\worlds

Place your save game files in there, and overwrite any existing newly generated world of the same name with your save game.

Start the Docker, wait for it to appear in Valheim, join & play!

I hope this was helpful for someone, took a bit to figure out the exact steps to follow :)

If you follow these directions, after you wait the 15 mins do you need to go into your steam servers and add the ip addresses with 2456-2458‽

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you explain this a little bit more?

You can't join the game but your friends can?

Or are you the only one that can see it in game?

If you are the only one that can see it in the in game server list that's something you have to ask the developers of the game itself since I can't do much about it because it's related directly to the game and not my container.

Please keep in mind that the game is really early alpha state and such things are very likely to happen, if you and your freinds can join through the Steam Server Browser everything should be fine. ;)

Yeah that seemed to be the only thing. But everyone is able to favorite and join it now. 

thanks for the awesome container.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, JayMul1230 said:

If you follow these directions, after you wait the 15 mins do you need to go into your steam servers and add the ip addresses with 2456-2458‽

You don't have to wait 15 minutes for the steam server browser, just look at the log if the game is downloaded you should be able to connect instantly. ;)

The 15 minutes is just for the ingame browser (but that doesn't work often).

6 hours ago, GOODWINML said:

What about a DayZ game server?

The last time I checked there was no gameserver for Linux available and they said that there will be no dedicated server for Linux.

6 hours ago, Baitham said:

thanks for the awesome container.

Appreciated. :)

Been running the Valheim server and it is has been okay.  Had some complaints of LAG.  It's not my connect here as it has a dedicated line and I have run your RUST server in the past with 10 people on it and no issues.  The docker log for Valheim is spitting out this error continually:

e":"No such container: dac94b91dfd9"}

Any ideas? Is this normal a tick?

1 hour ago, TheExplorographer said:

You have an old window of the Docker page open please refresh the window and click again on log.

1 hour ago, TheExplorographer said:

Had some complaints of LAG.

This is something for the Valheim Discord/Forums/Steam Community Hub because this is related to the game and not the container itself.

As said many times in this thread Valheim is in pretty early alpha state and such things are very commen to happen.

4 minutes ago, PeacefulDiscord said:

Any plans to support it?

I don't know anything about that, have you got a resource or link to the repository?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ich777 said:

I don't know anything about that, have you got a resource or link to the repository?

Sure, here you go: https://github.com/nxPublic/ValheimPlus

I am currently helping the mod maintainer with Linux configuration and using your Docker as my testing environment, so I know specifically what needs to be changed to make the whole thing work correctly together. Since the mod uses a modding framework called BepInEx (which most mods at the moment are using), maybe it could be a flag or something in the config files to enable running BepInEx?

24 minutes ago, PeacefulDiscord said:

Sure, here you go: https://github.com/nxPublic/ValheimPlus

I am currently helping the mod maintainer with Linux configuration and using your Docker as my testing environment, so I know specifically what needs to be changed to make the whole thing work correctly together. Since the mod uses a modding framework called BepInEx (which most mods at the moment are using), maybe it could be a flag or something in the config files to enable running BepInEx?

This seems pretty easy to implement, please hook me up with a short PM.

Also would this be enough if we chat and implement that after the weekend because weekend is family time for my and my little son's birthday was yesterday... :)

Just now, ich777 said:

Also would this be enough if we chat and implement that after the weekend because weekend is family time for my and my little son's birthday was yesterday... :)

Hey no worries man. Totally understand. Spend as much time as you need with your family. Oh and Happy Birthday to your son!!!

I shall shoot you a PM now where we can stay in touch and discuss things further once you are back to do your magic :)

• Like 1

So if anybody else experiences bad lags and desync issues when playing with friends it seems to be due to limited traffic allowed in between the server / client. There seems to be a workaround that somebody has posted on reddit to address this issue:

Do the following steps on the server an the client if your internet connection is fast enough:

Download dnSpy

Copy entire contents of /path/to/Valheim/valheim_server_Data/Managed to the machine with dnSpy

Open assembly_valheim.dll in dnSpy

Expand assembly_valheim (0.0.0.0)

Expand assembly_valheim.dll

Expand { }

Expand ZDOMan

Right-click m_dataPerSec and Edit Class

Change the value (61440 default. I set mine to 512000 and it's been good so far. You could set it higher.)

Click Compile

File > Save Module

Copy re-compiled .dll back to the server

I hope this soon gets fixed in the normal version .. For now i can see that my uploads are exceeding the limit .. I will update once i get the chance to play with my friends whether it solved the issues :)

• Like 3

anyone know why my Valhiem docker is stuck on 0.143.5 and the game is updated to 145.6. IE i cannot login until its updated.

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.
Logging in user 'PyraterHOST' to Steam Public ...
Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.
Logging in user 'PyraterHOST' to Steam Public ...
Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 8.76 (5242880 / 59862244)
Success! App '896660' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 62): SteamGameServer012 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 62): SteamUtils009 / Utils
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 62): SteamGameServer012 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 62): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 62): SteamNetworking005 / Networking
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 62): SteamGameServerStats001 / GameServerStats
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 62): STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION002 / HTTP
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 62): STEAMINVENTORY_INTERFACE_V002 / Inventory
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 62): STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION010 / UGC
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 62): STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 / Apps

Edited by pyrater
8 hours ago, ich777 said:

I want you to know my Valheim server has been rock solid and my friends and I are loving it.  Thank you sir! 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, zachska87 said:

I already tried recreating the container.

Please read the secomd recommended post on the top, are you sure that your password is at least 5 characters long?

What have you changed in the template?

7 hours ago, pyrater said:

stuck on 0.143.5

Try to set the Valodate option in the template to 'true'.

This is a knowm problem with SteamCMD.

Please turn of the value if the game is updated.

5 hours ago, TwistedDRum5 said:

How would I go about restoring an older backup? 

Delete the files in the save folder and extract it from the created tar.gz archive into the svae folder.

Please read the second recommended post on the top to get the location of the save folder.

• Like 1
On 2/15/2021 at 8:42 PM, Cyd said:

With the inspiration (read thievery) from @growlith I present the A3C (ARK Cluster Companion Container). It and the accompanying XLM files should allow for a fairly simple stand up of a new ARK server cluster.

https://github.com/CydFSA/A3C

Go to the github, fetch the XMLs for however many servers you want to use in your new cluster, salt them to taste with your information (server names, cluster name, passwords, adminpasswords, ect...). 

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Thank you @Cyd any chance you would consider doing a step by step really dumbed down instruction for people who don't know how to even find the xml files (like me?)

2 hours ago, bjamm said:

Hey is there anyway we can get the 60k upload limit lag fix implemented into the docker Valheim dll ?  Sounds like doubling it to 128k fixes the issue.

https://steamah.com/valheim-how-to-fix-multiplayer-lag/

I don't plan to integrate modifications like this since this is only a temporary solution and the developers will fix this as soon as they can I think

I think it would also make more sense to post this on the Valheim Discord/Forums/Steam Community Hub since if I integrate this into the container it can break the entire container someday.

• Like 1

@PeacefulDiscord & @Duglz:

I have now integrated ValheimPlus into the container.

In order to activate it and enable it you first have to force an update of the container itself with grafik.png.8aaa63440195186f1a257009262a6529.png and then create a variable with:

grafik.thumb.png.10036d7d91c5152af86827bdfc360323.png

and start the container.

Or you can also wait until the template in the CA App has been updated (takes usualy 1 to 2 hours) and redownload a fresh copy of the template from there.

The container will then check on every start/restart if there is a newer version available and install it if there is a newer one available or install it if it isn't installed.

Hope that helps :)

• Like 1