[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

4 hours ago, CoZ said:

Any of you running the Valheim docker, are you able to get a response from the Steam Server Browser?  I've added my IP address in there and I just get a not responding even though I can manually connect to the game with no issue.

Yes, you need to use Game Port +1, default 2457

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, CoZ said:

Any of you running the Valheim docker, are you able to get a response from the Steam Server Browser?

Tested it now and it works flawlessly.

Gameport means your actual game port as stated above:

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

and 2456 is the game port

and +1 means, well +1.

So to speak 2456+1=2457 is the query port:

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

the 2457 is only the query port

Please read the second recommended post in this thread at the top also the description of the container says:

SERVER BROWSER: It could take really long that the server shows up in the in game server list, if you want to connect directly simply go to the Steam Server Browser - View -> Servers -> Favourites -> Add Server -> SERVERIP:SERVERPORT+1 (eg: if the server port is 2456 then you have to enter something like: 192.168.0.1:2457) -> click on Add -> click on more time on Refresh, after that you can connect to the server with a double click.

• Like 1

Hello!

The valheim server was running fine yesterday and today the docker was updated. Now the server isn't shown in the server browser anymore and i can't connect via ip-adress and port. Restarting didn't help either. Did something change with the docker update?

Edited by limital
23 minutes ago, limital said:

The valheim server was running fine yesterday and today the docker was updated. Now the server isn't shown in the server browser anymore and i can't connect via ip-adress and port. Restarting didn't help either. Did something change with the docker update?

Please check if the Update broke your savegame and also post a log output, otherwise I can't help, please also note that you have a Backup folder in your main Valheim directory where it stores Backups from the last 24hours.

There is currently a bug in the game that can destroy your savegame that's why I implemented the Backup function to the container.

EDIT: Also please note this is a game in pretty early alpha state and such things are likely to happen.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please check if the Update broke your savegame and also post a log output, otherwise I can't help, please also note that you have a Backup folder in your main Valheim directory where it stores Backups from the last 24hours.

There is currently a bug in the game that can destroy your savegame that's why I implemented the Backup function to the container.

EDIT: Also please note this is a game in pretty early alpha state and such things are likely to happen.

Thank you! With the backup it works flawlessly :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

Gameport means your actual game port as stated above:

and +1 means, well +1.

So to speak 2456+1=2457 is the query port:

LoL.  Thanks for that.   I was just manually entering the IP from the Game menu to join the server.   If you can't tell by now, this is uncharted territory for me.  I've never even used Steam before this game, much less tried to host a game server.....

3 hours ago, limital said:

Hello!

Any update on that ?  I see the Docker update waiting and luckily looked at your post first before updating.  Were you able to get it back up and running?

@ich777 Just as an FYI, the Valheim docker update re-added the default game ports to my second container making it so it wouldn't launch with the first container running defaults (because ports conflict obviously). Not sure what caused, but I will note that my second container was running ValheimPlus. Not sure if that would have made a difference but just trying to give you the info

image.thumb.png.21e2241c0d38623e6b641a9da321d951.png

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, rcm024 said:

Not sure if that would have made a difference but just trying to give you the info

Thank you already changed that, eventually delete the template that you already have for the existing container and redownload it from the CA App and make the changes that you have in your old template.

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes this is a problem of the game itself and the developers have to fix it, this is why I added this backup function to the container.

Getting back to you. I think I see the same bug:

1. I updated my Docker container and created a new path for /serverdata/serverfiles, to ensure a "fresh" install.

2. However, after my mover job runs at 03:40, it seems to stop the backups from being generated. 

Here's a pic of my /Backups/ directory today. 
1165078481_ScreenShot2021-02-24at10_03_16AM.png.6273bf3f4a3570c86d33c660f5037beb.png

The /Backups/ directory is not on my cache drive at all. So these 9 files are the only backups I have for my image. This matches what I saw in my previous image, and they seems to strangely line up with my mover job.

On 2/22/2021 at 4:14 PM, Jahf said:

Thanks for the reply (and docker).

No, it's not necessary to run the map generator to play, but it is necessary if you want to play a fully random map. That was my goal ... large random map that my friends could explore with a server that keeps running even between logins. 

It's 7 hours later and it's still running so I'm going to reinstall, get it working default, then generate the map on my gaming PC, and see if I can find a way to move it to the Docker. 

I'm late to the party, but is this for 7DTD?  The map has an issue generating on linux.  You can generate on your pc and upload it to the appdata/7dtd, or you can use nitrogen which will generate the map quickly and then do the same steps to use it on the server.

Hi @ich777, I was trying to setup Valheim Plus on my Unraid Server, I have 2 problems atm:
1. Me and my friends can't access the server using my IP Adress (the port are open on my modem settings), but I can access it via local Unraid address 192.168.1.10
1818280254_modemports.PNG.fadb1925789682cd02b1db921850e0c2.PNG
1345864745_steamservers.thumb.PNG.4cb9fcb037209b456fd16506bcd863b6.PNG
logs.PNG.7ff069e27aee1958fca71f7d1cd5e7f4.PNG
2. Valheim Plus settings doesn't works, I installed it on the client, enable on docker config, changed the settings inside BepInEx\config\valheim_plus.cfg but they don't apply to the game, I tried restarting both client, server and array, but nothing ingame there's the valheim compendium regarding Valheim Plus but the actual settings (for example carry capacity didn't change)
1884480878_settingsvalheimplus.PNG.f1c124c2a6bbc74e7b52377e0c5d98a2.PNG
client.PNG.df163366f6c09bafc36908b475f6b816.PNG
1132216797_ingamecarry.PNG.c52cbae6d4ddbd1896988822cd3289bc.PNG
compendium.thumb.PNG.6ed2cb352785573e0dbc15f360f9d6a1.PNG

If you know how can I fix theese problems please let me know, and thanks for the work you've done so far to release the server for Valheim this early!

2 hours ago, codearoni said:

1. I updated my Docker container and created a new path for /serverdata/serverfiles, to ensure a "fresh" install.

2. However, after my mover job runs at 03:40, it seems to stop the backups from being generated. 

Wait what, you have the game in a spot where it is moved off of the cache and onto another drive?

40 minutes ago, Senect said:

1. Me and my friends can't access the server using my IP Adress (the port are open on my modem settings), but I can access it via local Unraid address 192.168.1.10

That's the wrong protocol you need to use UDP like the template says.

41 minutes ago, Senect said:

2. Valheim Plus settings doesn't works, I installed it on the client, enable on docker config, changed the settings inside BepInEx\config\valheim_plus.cfg but they don't apply to the game, I tried restarting both client, server and array, but nothing ingame there's the valheim compendium regarding Valheim Plus but the actual settings (for example carry capacity didn't change)

I really can't help with this...

I know from another user that ValheimPlus is working just fine.

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Wait what, you have the game in a spot where it is moved off of the cache and onto another drive?

My appdata directory (user share) is configured to use my cache drive. But they're moved to disk during my nightly mover job. This is a pretty common configuration, as I understand it.

13 minutes ago, codearoni said:

My appdata directory (user share) is configured to use my cache drive. But they're moved to disk during my nightly mover job. This is a pretty common configuration, as I understand it.

No, not for the appdata directory.

This can't work because it would write every new file to the RAM after the mover has done it's thing and not in the directory.

If you connect to a console of the container and look in the directory itself every fill will be there.

Also it is really strange that the container works after it has moved the files to the array.

Just for your information, some container will not work if you do it like that way.

2 hours ago, Spectral Force said:

I'm late to the party, but is this for 7DTD?  The map has an issue generating on linux.  You can generate on your pc and upload it to the appdata/7dtd, or you can use nitrogen which will generate the map quickly and then do the same steps to use it on the server.

Heya, yeah, but I got it going already be generating via Nitrogen. 

Thanks to your help on Discord the other night :) (Hyde here)

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I really can't help with this...

I know from another user that ValheimPlus is working just fine.

I had UDP ports too, but I removed TCP/IP, added all of them one by one for UDP, and it seems to work, thanks.

For ValheimPlus when I enable it on docker configs should I do something else? I really don't understand why no settings apply not only the carry limit but everything else about valheimplus..
I don't know if these steps are required too with the docker installation..unix.PNG.8c5c9b0e6af093eb4c6f8d09c92b317d.PNG

20 minutes ago, Senect said:

I don't know if these steps are required too with the docker installation..

No these steps are not necessary because the container does that for you, also the container even checks for updates on every start/restart of ValheimPlus.

I really can't tell why it's not working but other people gere are running it and everything seems to work fine for them.

20 minutes ago, bobfromacc0unting said:

For some reason my valheim server cant see the worlds directory - permissions seem fine but it means that the world isnt saving to disk and if i restart the server it will loose everything. Initially it wrote to it fine but then after a while it disappears on me

Please post your template configuration.

Make also sure that your mover doesn't move the files to the array, the files should stay on the cache and should not be moved around.

2 minutes ago, bobfromacc0unting said:

ive got a feeling that is what is doing it unfortunately. How do i make just the valheim directory in appdata stay on the cache drive only?

I don't think you can do that, you only can choose that the appdata directory stays on the cache (in the Share settings choose at Use Cache 'Only' or 'Prefer') that's what I also recommend since otherwise the array have to spin up or can never go to sleep if you move the appdata to the array.

EDIT: What you can do is you can set up a dedicated share for the Valheim container and choose to stay on the cache drive.

I'm stuck in some sort of steam boot loop following the server update - is anyone else getting a similar issue? 

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 0.40 (4194304 / 1051291779)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 23.22 (244075002 / 1051291779)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 58.42 (614155467 / 1051291779)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 93.19 (979748331 / 1051291779)
Success! App '896660' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 67): SteamGameServer013 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 67): SteamUtils009 /
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 67): SteamGameServer013 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 67): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 67): SteamNetworking006 / Networking
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 67): SteamGameServerStats001 / GameServerStats
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 67): STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION003 / HTTP
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 67): STEAMINVENTORY_INTERFACE_V003 / Inventory
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 67): STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION014 / UGC
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 67): STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 / Apps
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 67): SteamNetworkingUtils003 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 67): SteamNetworkingSockets008 /
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
Loading Steam API...OK.

Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 0.30 (3151074 / 1051291779)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 31.46 (330726495 / 1051291779)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 66.63 (700496295 / 1051291779)
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): SteamGameServer013 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): SteamUtils009 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): SteamGameServer013 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): SteamNetworking006 / Networking
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): SteamGameServerStats001 / GameServerStats
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION003 / HTTP
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): STEAMINVENTORY_INTERFACE_V003 / Inventory
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION014 / UGC
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 / Apps
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): SteamNetworkingUtils003 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): SteamNetworkingSockets008 /
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Loading Steam API...OK.

Loading Steam API...OK.

---Update Server---
---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK.

Loading Steam API...OK.

Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 0.50 (5248226 / 1051291779)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 32.97 (346611159 / 1051291779)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 67.78 (712568711 / 1051291779)
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): SteamGameServer013 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): SteamUtils009 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): SteamGameServer013 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): SteamNetworking006 / Networking
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): SteamGameServerStats001 / GameServerStats
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION003 / HTTP
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): STEAMINVENTORY_INTERFACE_V003 / Inventory
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION014 / UGC
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 / Apps
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): SteamNetworkingUtils003 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 59): SteamNetworkingSockets008 /

28 minutes ago, bobfromacc0unting said:

I'm stuck in some sort of steam boot loop following the server update - is anyone else getting a similar issue? 

Have you changed the setting as said above to not move the game off of the cache drive? This can happen if some files are on the cache drive and some on the array.

Please save your 'Backup' folder that lives in your Valheim directory an your .config folder to your local computer, then delete the container and the valheim folder from your appdata directory and download a fresh copy of the CA App, after it is installed you can stop the container and put the files from your Backup folder in your .config directory.

This seems like the world got corrupted, what you can also first try is to stop the container and restore a previous saved backup to your .config folder from one of the last archives from your 'Backup' folder.

This is the world destroy bug that is known and the developers have to fix, that's why I implemented the Backup function to the container.

EDIT: Here is also the log from a fresh installed Valheim container: valheim.log