[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Just now, Sentie said:

it is configured to 'Yes'

That's why it isn't working, you have to set it to 'Only' or 'Prefered' since the container has to be on the Cache drive (otherwise it won't run properly) every time the Mover moves the files from the Cache drive to the Array the game won't work properly since it moves the game files and Backups to the Array and the game executable searches for the files on the Cache drive.

Hope that makes sense to you...

21 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can it be that you have CA Backup running and that's why it skipped? Something must have happened between 2021-03-08_06.25.11 and 2021-03-09_04.12.34 but I can't tell you what seems like the container wasn't running or something eslse happened.

Can you try to restore the world on your local computer and see if it loads?

Eventually try to also completely delete the old world files and not just replace it, have you stopped the container in the first place, please also look into the template if anything has changed and if the world name is correct.

Ok to confirm. 

If i restore my backup directly back into the appdata folder. files are 42mb each. if i start the container and join the server. the files reset to 3mb. 

if i restore locally then copy over my world works. However all spawn points are reset. 

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

That's why it isn't working, you have to set it to 'Only' or 'Prefered' since the container has to be on the Cache drive (otherwise it won't run properly) every time the Mover moves the files from the Cache drive to the Array the game won't work properly since it moves the game files and Backups to the Array and the game executable searches for the files on the Cache drive.

Hope that makes sense to you...

Thank you. That makes sense. And I do see that in the install instructions. I guess I missed it on setup.

It does look like it failed on the save that would have been right as the mover was starting.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dfox1787 said:

If i restore my backup directly back into the appdata folder. files are 42mb each. if i start the container and join the server. the files reset to 3mb. 

You have to ask on the Valheim Discord/Forums/Steam Community Hub if this is a known problem...

Have you checked the Docker template if everything matches your save game?

I don't think it's a problem with the container since I run it also and have no problems so far.

Apologies if this a simple error on my part. First time adding a game server (Valheim). Clean install of the docker, default settings, both server and steamcmd paths set to the cache (no move). 

I keep getting the same error from the server log...last two lines below. I've let it run for approx 3 hours, this sequence repeats but the server itself doesn't seem to start. I haven't manually changed any of the files (eg. start-server.sh)

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK.

Success! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 140: 60 Killed ${SERVER_DIR}/valheim_server.x86_64 -name "${SRV_NAME}" -port ${GAME_PORT} -world "${WORLD_NAME}" -password "${SRV_PWD}" -public ${PUBLIC} ${GAME_PARAMS} > /dev/null

40 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You have to ask on the Valheim Discord/Forums/Steam Community Hub if this is a known problem...

Have you checked the Docker template if everything matches your save game?

I don't think it's a problem with the container since I run it also and have no problems so far.

the docker template hasnt been changed and names etc match up. 

my container just stopped and now the game save is 3mb again and its reset!!

i dont think its your docker. must be the game some how. just a bit gutted after time ive put in. copy of my save if you want to look.

https://we.tl/t-fQvX7fv1zB

Edited by dfox1787
8 minutes ago, gastr0 said:

I keep getting the same error from the server log...last two lines below. I've let it run for approx 3 hours, this sequence repeats but the server itself doesn't seem to start. I haven't manually changed any of the files (eg. start-server.sh)

Have you set the password to at least 5 characters?

2 minutes ago, gastr0 said:

Yes. (7)

Can you try to stop the container delete the valheim directory that is located in your appdata, then also delete the container and after that try to redownload it from the CA App and see if it works with the default settings?

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Don't know if that looks right to you (on the right side is water and on the left it goes up I think a mountain... :D, doesn't reset in my case😞

grafik.thumb.png.abe9ff4e62811dbb5c4389689be5ea98.png

doesnt look right. the server is Fox Server

the very old one is FoxServer. At lest i know my backup issue was caused by a conflict with CA backup. Think ill have to accept that ive lost around 4 hours of game play

image_2021-03-09_202806.png

Edited by dfox1787

I'm currently trying to get a Valheim server set up, though after I start the container I can not find the server through the steam server browser, when I enter the IP address and port and click "Find games at this address" I just get a message "Server is not responding"

When I look at the logs of the container I see one error message but am not sure how to fix it. 

[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

I've attached the full startup log below.

---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Loading Steam API...OK.

---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK.

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
---Update Check for Valheim enabled, running automatically every 60 minutes.---
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): SteamGameServer013 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): SteamUtils009 /
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): SteamGameServer013 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): SteamNetworking006 / Networking
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): SteamGameServerStats001 / GameServerStats
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION003 / HTTP
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): STEAMINVENTORY_INTERFACE_V003 / Inventory
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION014 / UGC
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 / Apps
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): SteamNetworkingUtils003 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): SteamNetworkingSockets008 /

Does anyone have any ideas what my issue might be?

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you try to stop the container delete the valheim directory that is located in your appdata, then also delete the container and after that try to redownload it from the CA App and see if it works with the default settings?

Done as you wrote and with all default settings everything works. Public posting to server list and stable for a few hours.

I'm going to start changing the server name, world name, password, one by one to see what happens. I did make sure the password was not the world name. Will report back if with results.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Server name and password changed - all works.

The only steps I did different from when it didn't work:

1. steamcmd was on mnt/cache instead of default mnt/user

2. On first install I didn't have steamcmd on the server at all. I did try to remove the image and delete both steamcmd and valheim directories before asking for help. However, this time (your advice) I only deleted the valheim directory and left the steamcmd director - then reinstalled the docker with default settings. Not sure if that makes a difference but now it works.

Thanks for your response!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Nagron said:

when I enter the IP address and port

Which IP adress and which port are you using? Have you clicked refresh after adding the server?

You have to use YOURIP:PORT+1 (eg: 192.168.1.1:2467)

7 hours ago, Nagron said:

error message

That is only a warning and nothing to worry about.

Your startup log looks just fine.

Please read the second recommended post on the top of this thread.

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Which IP adress and which port are you using? Have you clicked refresh after adding the server?

You have to use YOURIP:PORT+1 (eg: 192.168.1.1:2467)

It is the local IP of my unraid server 192.168.1.14:2457, I left the ports default. It is also inaccessable from my public IP, and I do have the ports forwarded on my router. I tried refreshing as well and got nothing. I did take a read through that post earlier, I'll try again shortly and make sure I explicitly follow all directions, but I believe I did.

Edited by Nagron
29 minutes ago, Nagron said:

It is the local IP of my unraid server 192.168.1.14:2457, I left the ports default. It is also inaccessable from my public IP, and I do have the ports forwarded on my router. I tried refreshing as well and got nothing. I did take a read through that post earlier, I'll try again shortly and make sure I explicitly follow all directions, but I believe I did.

Please try the same as in this post and the followed up post:

Don't know why it isn't working for some users on the first star/install but this solves the problem in 100% of the cases. :)

19 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please try the same as in this post and the followed up post:

Don't know why it isn't working for some users on the first star/install but this solves the problem in 100% of the cases. :)

That did the trick, thanks for the help!

• Like 1

Howdy! I recently downloaded the ARK dedicated server. Im trying to change the "GameUserSettings"  but it says i do not have permission to open this file  but i can change anything else in this folder . Am i missing something specific  or is there another way to change the user settings for in game?

59 minutes ago, IzzleDude said:

Howdy! I recently downloaded the ARK dedicated server. Im trying to change the "GameUserSettings"  but it says i do not have permission to open this file  but i can change anything else in this folder . Am i missing something specific  or is there another way to change the user settings for in game?

Have you tried to restart the container yet?

The permissions should be set on the container start.

What you can also try is to install the CA Config Editor from the CA App and edit it with this.

22 hours ago, gastr0 said:

Apologies if this a simple error on my part. First time adding a game server (Valheim). Clean install of the docker, default settings, both server and steamcmd paths set to the cache (no move). 

---Starting...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Loading Steam API...OK.

---Update Server---
---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK.

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 140: 60 Killed ${SERVER_DIR}/valheim_server.x86_64 -name "${SRV_NAME}" -port ${GAME_PORT} -world "${WORLD_NAME}" -password "${SRV_PWD}" -public ${PUBLIC} ${GAME_PARAMS} > /dev/null

22 hours ago, ich777 said:

Having the same issue.. anything to do with the recent update to 6.9.1? Docker get updated? I was trying to install the 0.9.5 alpha to do some testing.. but getting the issue below. I have tried deleting, reinstalling, default settings, etc. Here is the pastebin of my log https://pastebin.com/ecGCk8mt and just sent you the alpha 0.9.5 files of V+ for unix server/windows client in the event you want them.

RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 75): SteamNetworkingSockets008 /
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 140: 75 Aborted ${SERVER_DIR}/valheim_server.x86_64 -name "${SRV_NAME}" -port ${GAME_PORT} -world "${WORLD_NAME}" -password "${SRV_PWD}" -public ${PUBLIC} ${GAME_PARAMS} > /dev/null

Another user trying to install from Debian having issues as well...
image.thumb.png.7691480a95973f38d3830fac34a0fe7b.png

Edited by Skrumpy
3 hours ago, Skrumpy said:

Having the same issue..

What issue exactly?

anything to do with the recent update to 6.9.1? Docker get updated?

Nothing of both, it has nothing to do with Unraid and the last Docker update was made 7days and 10hours ago since my container updates the game and ValheimPlus itself on every start/restart.

I have tried deleting, reinstalling, default settings, etc.

Are you sure?

I now tried it also with the default settings and enabled Valheim+ (that's the only thing I changed) and this is the log output: valheim.log

And I also think that Valheim+ is working (never actually used Valheim+ before):

grafik.thumb.png.9b5412484529187907b34abae6c695d8.png

EDIT: Please do the following steps:

1. Delete the Container
  2. Delete the 'valheim' folder from your 'appdata' directory
  3. Grab a fresh copy of Valheim from the CA App
  4. Set Enabel ValheimPlus to 'true' (without quotes)

You can change all other values later on...

Please also make sure that your share where the folder 'valheim' is located is set to use the cache "Only" or "Preferred" otherwise the Mover will completely mess up the game and it won't even run anymore...

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What issue exactly?

Nothing of both, it has nothing to do with Unraid and the last Docker update was made 7days and 10hours ago since my container updates the game and ValheimPlus itself on every start/restart.

Are you sure?

I now tried it also with the default settings and enabled Valheim+ (that's the only thing I changed) and this is the log output: valheim.log

And I also think that Valheim+ is working (never actually used Valheim+ before):

grafik.thumb.png.9b5412484529187907b34abae6c695d8.png

EDIT: Please do the following steps:

1. Delete the Container
  2. Delete the 'valheim' folder from your 'appdata' directory
  3. Grab a fresh copy of Valheim from the CA App
  4. Set Enabel ValheimPlus to 'true' (without quotes)

You can change all other values later on...

Please also make sure that your share where the folder 'valheim' is located is set to use the cache "Only" or "Preferred" otherwise the Mover will completely mess up the game and it won't even run anymore...

Yes, it is on cache only. It must be something with their 0.9.5 files as I have tried the above process (and other variants for the past 8 hours without any luck.

It's odd, because the same error happened to someone who was using the 0.9.4 files and in a different docker environment. Which is what made me think there may have been another change.

The V+ dev said the only change they did was put some " into the start server/game.sh, however, I tried just copy & paste the 0.9.4 sh files and same issue. Must be something else they'll have to sort out.

image.png.e170f5b7024ab9e211be937e3b961860.png

Thanks for looking into it at least and I'll report back if I find out anything else.