[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Update. Can confirm deleting the container and only the Valheim directory followed by reinstall got it all working.

Ran it for a few hours with no players - all good.

With two players (one local, one not), it was stable for a few hours, but then things went a little goofy leading to a disconnect and the gameserver restarting. I think the network warnings are the ones that have already been discussed post-patch (?). The error is the same I was getting before the reinstall solution. I can't say for sure, but it seems to happen about an hour into playtime, so perhaps when it's checking for updates or doing the world save?  

The result is about 30-45 minutes of lost progress (buildings, ships/carts).

We tried using the public listing in-game. Will not try direct IP connect (in-game).

src/steamnetworkingsockets/clientlib/steamnetworkingsockets_lowlevel.cpp (1276) : Assertion Failed: SDR service thread gave up on lock after waiting 93ms. This directly adds to delay of processing of network packets!

src/steamnetworkingsockets/clientlib/steamnetworkingsockets_lowlevel.cpp (1276) : Assertion Failed: SDR service thread gave up on lock after waiting 93ms. This directly adds to delay of processing of network packets!

/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 140: 62 Killed ${SERVER_DIR}/valheim_server.x86_64 -name "${SRV_NAME}" -port ${GAME_PORT} -world "${WORLD_NAME}" -password "${SRV_PWD}" -public ${PUBLIC} ${GAME_PARAMS} > /dev/null

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

What issue exactly?

Nothing of both, it has nothing to do with Unraid and the last Docker update was made 7days and 10hours ago since my container updates the game and ValheimPlus itself on every start/restart.

Are you sure?

I now tried it also with the default settings and enabled Valheim+ (that's the only thing I changed) and this is the log output: valheim.log

And I also think that Valheim+ is working (never actually used Valheim+ before):

grafik.thumb.png.9b5412484529187907b34abae6c695d8.png

EDIT: Please do the following steps:

1. Delete the Container
  2. Delete the 'valheim' folder from your 'appdata' directory
  3. Grab a fresh copy of Valheim from the CA App
  4. Set Enabel ValheimPlus to 'true' (without quotes)

You can change all other values later on...

Please also make sure that your share where the folder 'valheim' is located is set to use the cache "Only" or "Preferred" otherwise the Mover will completely mess up the game and it won't even run anymore...

Good news.. I knew I wasn't going insane!

image.png.90fd6eac3d8b042afcba862601fb3288.png

Thanks for verifying with me so I could go back to them and tell them it wasn't the docker they wanted to blame it on!

11 minutes ago, Skrumpy said:

Thanks for verifying with me so I could go back to them and tell them it wasn't the docker they wanted to blame it on!

Please update the Container and try it again, I changed something and now it seems to work, they changed more then initially thought, but sometimes the server just starts fine and sometimes not...

43 minutes ago, gastr0 said:

With two players (one local, one not), it was stable for a few hours, but then things went a little goofy leading to a disconnect and the gameserver restarting.

Have you verified that you set the share where valheim is located to use cache "Only" or "Prefer"?

I think the network warnings are the ones that have already been discussed post-patch (?).

Have you enabled the debug log? Please disable it, remember this is a game in really early alpha state and that the debug log is full of errors and warnings is just normal.

Me and a friend play Valheim for a few weeks on my server, sometimes he have to disconnect because no one of us can't open chests or sometimes we see each other don't move after a reconnect everything is fine again.

The error is the same I was getting before the reinstall solution. I can't say for sure, but it seems to happen about an hour into playtime, so perhaps when it's checking for updates or doing the world save?

Please check your settings again and especially with the cache drive, since many users run it on their servers and got zero problems (at least no problems related to the container).

EDIT: Please keep in mind the Backup and the Check for updates is a completely separate process and runs in the background, the game don't even know that this is currently running...

/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 140: 62 Killed ${SERVER_DIR}/valheim_server.x86_64 -name "${SRV_NAME}" -port ${GAME_PORT} -world "${WORLD_NAME}" -password "${SRV_PWD}" -public ${PUBLIC} ${GAME_PARAMS} > /dev/null

This is a game crash, but why I can't tell you...

Have you enabled ValheimPlus?

Sometimes the savegame gets messed up for whatever reason...

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you verified that you set the share where valheim is located to use cache "Only" or "Prefer"?

Yes. Cache "only".

steamcmd is on mnt/user as default install...should it also go to cache?

Have you enabled the debug log? Please disable it, remember this is a game in really early alpha state and that the debug log is full of errors and warnings is just normal.

Not enabled.

This is a game crash, but why I can't tell you...

Crashed at ~30 minutes. I wonder if it's when the game tries to save.

Have you enabled ValheimPlus?

No. 

17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please update the Container and try it again, I changed something and now it seems to work, they changed more then initially thought, but sometimes the server just starts fine and sometimes not...

I deleted docker & folder, then reinstalled. Running multiple versions so no need to update SteamCMD files and delete the entire image right?

0.9.4 (the basic pull from the docker for V+ = true) worked fine without issue. When I copy & paste the 0.9.5 unix server files into the docker and overwrite I still get the error.

Spoiler

image.png.127164f6a093679bdd417553509767e3.png

I'm pretty new to all this and I just got a Team Fortress 2 server up and running. I'm trying to begin customizing it, starting by setting a password. I believe is best done by creating a setting in the server.cfg file. 

I cant seem to find an existing server.cfg file although I may be looking in the wrong place. Perhaps I need to make the file and put it somewhere specific or specify its location somewhere?

I'm having trouble drawing parallels between the file structures I see in most TF2/source game server tutorials that I've found, especially because 90% of them involve running a .exe with a simple GUI in windows.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks!

6 hours ago, gastr0 said:

steamcmd is on mnt/user as default install...should it also go to cache?

No, this is fine.

I wonder if it's when the game tries to save.

Maybe, what kind of machine do you have?

Yes. Cache "only".

Is there enough space on the cache drive?

5 hours ago, Skrumpy said:

When I copy & paste the 0.9.5 unix server files into the docker and overwrite I still get the error.

In my case the server sometimes starts fine.

Eventually they have to fix the files for 0.9.5 since it's am alpha.

2 hours ago, Slicedbread said:

I cant seem to find an existing server.cfg file although I may be looking in the wrong place.

You have to create it in '.../tf/cfg/server.cfg'

Search for something like: TeamFortress2 Dedicated Linux Server and you will find all informations. ;)

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been covered already but i couldn't find anything on it.

I have had the Valheim container running perfectly since it pretty much was available.

Today i went and set ValheimPlus to true. Since then when me or mates try to join we get an "Incompatible version" error.

Here is the logs for the container starting, also attached some pics of the errors. 

Thanks in advanced. 

- Hyp3z

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---ValheimPlus enabled!---
---ValheimPlus Version Check---

---ValheimPlus v0.9.4 up-to-date---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
---Update Check for Valheim enabled, running automatically every 60 minutes.---
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 77): SteamGameServer013 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 77): SteamUtils009 /
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 77): SteamGameServer013 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 77): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 77): SteamNetworking006 / Networking
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 77): SteamGameServerStats001 / GameServerStats
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 77): STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION003 / HTTP
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 77): STEAMINVENTORY_INTERFACE_V003 / Inventory
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 77): STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION014 / UGC
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 77): STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 / Apps
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 77): SteamNetworkingUtils003 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 77): SteamNetworkingSockets008 /

2.png

1.png

Last night i had some internet problems and this morning (after rebooting router) i can't seem to run 2 valheim servers simultaneously.  I can start one, but not the other..  I get "execution error" server error.  And because it stops, i don't seem to be getting a log for the one that fails to start.  I will attach logs for valheim and valheim 2, which were both running simultaneously until today.   After some investigation, i discovered that the container had added an extra udp game port range which was conflicting with the first server.  Not sure why. Deleted and i think its working now.

image.png

4 minutes ago, FrozenGamer said:

I can start one, but not the other..  I get "execution error" server error.  And because it stops, i don't seem to be getting a log for the one that fails to start.  I will attach logs for valheim and valheim 2, which were both running simultaneously until today.   After some investigation, i discovered that the container had added an extra udp game port range which was conflicting with the first server.  Not sure why. Deleted and i think its working now.

You have a old template and it will always add the ports on a container update.

Eventually try to delete the container (note your existing settings down) and pull a fresh copy from the CA App and set it to the same values as before so this won't happen any more...

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You have a old template and it will always add the ports on a container update.

Eventually try to delete the container (note your existing settings down) and pull a fresh copy from the CA App and set it to the same values as before so this won't happen any more...

just for the valheim2 (non standard ports)?

31 minutes ago, FrozenGamer said:

just for the valheim2 (non standard ports)?

Exactly.

26 minutes ago, Nesquik said:

Hey- Any chance you have an update on this one?

Oh man, I know I forgot something... :D

Yes, I've tested it and I let it run for about 2 days and connected from time to time to see if it running or stopped but it seems to be running just fine... Never actually played long on it.

Hey guys, has anybody been able to get datapacks in a minecraft 1.16.5 server to work using ich777's docker template? I have been trying for a couple days now. The datapacks won't load on my MinecraftBasicServer at all. I copied the world into singleplayer and the datapacks instantly worked. I copied the server on my own pc and ran it and the datapacks intantly worked also. But the datapacks just won't load in unraid using the MinecraftBasicServer.

I mean a data pack that allows vanilla minecraft to have 'plugins' (data packs) without the use of buckit/spigot/forge.

Below are the websites that explain the data packs and where I got mine.

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Installing_a_data_pack

https://vanillatweaks.net/picker/datapacks/

Edited by Koen
Answering a question ich777 asked
5 minutes ago, Koen said:

I have been trying for a couple days now. The datapacks won't load on my MinecraftBasicServer at all.

What do you mean with datapacks?

Do you mean mods or a modserver like bukkit, spigot,...?

I run a server with Spigot and it works just fine.

35 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Exactly.

Oh man, I know I forgot something... :D

Yes, I've tested it and I let it run for about 2 days and connected from time to time to see if it running or stopped but it seems to be running just fine... Never actually played long on it.

No problem- I may try wiping the files and starting over to see if that fixes it.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Koen said:

Hey guys, has anybody been able to get datapacks in a minecraft 1.16.5 server to work using ich777's docker template? I have been trying for a couple days now. The datapacks won't load on my MinecraftBasicServer at all. I copied the world into singleplayer and the datapacks instantly worked. I copied the server on my own pc and ran it and the datapacks intantly worked also. But the datapacks just won't load in unraid using the MinecraftBasicServer.

I mean a data pack that allows vanilla minecraft to have 'plugins' (data packs) without the use of buckit/spigot/forge.

Below are the websites that explain the data packs and where I got mine.

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Installing_a_data_pack

https://vanillatweaks.net/picker/datapacks/

13 hours ago, ich777 said:

What do you mean with datapacks?

Do you mean mods or a modserver like bukkit, spigot,...?

I run a server with Spigot and it works just fine.

I updated the post.

56 minutes ago, dtrybula said:

Is there a chance to request a TrinityCore (3.3.5a) docker for unraid ?

Is this something for WoW?

11 minutes ago, Koen said:

I updated the post.

I will look into this but basically it should be possible.

1 minute ago, Koen said:

I also have problems removing the runtime folder, I can't seem to delete it which causes me to have alot of empty folders on my drive. Is there any way to remove them?

Have you restarted the container once? The permissions should be set on the start of the container.

Also make sure that you stopped the container before trying to remove the runtime folder.

Otherwise you can delete it from the command line.

30 minutes ago, dtrybula said:

Yeah, I want to train some boss encouters with my friends before next tier relase on server we play.

Don't know if there is such a Container out there, at least not from me.

I also don't play WoW and don't make Containers for games that I don't own anymore.