[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

On 2/26/2021 at 6:33 PM, jfeeser said:

What ended up working for you for getting the update?  i've tried turning firewalls off, disabling pihole, everything short of rebuilding the container and so far nothing has worked.

What worked for me is I shut the server off, set my validate installation to true, then I restarted the server. It took right off. I dont run Pihole or anything like that so you may have a different issue or conflict.

• Thanks 1
On 2/13/2021 at 10:50 AM, ich777 said:

He is talking about Valheim.

@Spectral Force may I ask if you experience any problems with Valheim that the world resets on a container stop/start/restart?

EDIT: I read somewhere about a world destroy bug...

I just submitted an issue on your github, but i'll put it here too since this is probably more appropriate.:

I had a dedicated box running Ubuntu for a Valheim server. I used the docker template to move it to my new UNRaid box. I set the parameters and moved a copy of my world file over to the unraid share (used default... /appdata/... Not sure what cache settings are OK for this.)

When I start the server, it's golden! Glad I thought to test a bunch before telling my buddies to go ham. Restarting does one of three things:

1. a new world file is created with the moniker of .new at the end. It is about 1/2 the size of the old one and, when logging in, I spawn at the beginning shrine and the map is not uncovered.
  2. a new world file is created and it is 1mb and is a fresh world instance. I spawn it at the location that I previously logged out at, but no buildings or items are present. When this happens, it appears as if the old file is archived with the .old extension.
  3. RARELY, it launches fine and as expected.

I will read the rest of the thread, but thought I would chime in early on my current experience. Please let me know if any more details are needed.

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please check your cache settings, that sounds like you are having set Use Cache to "Yes" instead of "Only" or "Prefer".

In reviewing, I kind of had a hunch that this could have an impact but my experience with UNraid extends super far back... to yesterday evening :D

I just set it to only. That said, I only have a single disk (NVME on PCIe riser card...) in the cache pool. Is there a simple way to create backups to disk from there? (this question, i'm sure, is very out of scope of this thread, but figured I would ask.) Also, thank you for being a super awesome and responsive contributor!

1 minute ago, wes.crockett said:

I just set it to only.

Try to delete the entire container, also the 'valheim' folder in your appdata directory and then pull a fresh copy from the CA App to start over again, this time it should work. :D

The reason because this won't work is because the game looks for the files on the Cache and the mover moves it to the array and after some time the game can't find certain files or the savegames and this could lead to this behavior.

For your shares ypu can leave the setting at "Yes" but I recommend using Only or Prefer for the appdata dorectory since the files there have to be anyways constantly accessed.

4 minutes ago, wes.crockett said:

Is there a simple way to create backups to disk from there?

There are many ways but I think this is a question for a new thread in the General section. ;)

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Try to delete the entire container, also the 'valheim' folder in your appdata directory and then pull a fresh copy from the CA App to start over again, this time it should work. :D

I created a new share for Docker files only and set it to ONLY for cache. Removed old container and deleted previous folders (even though they were on the old share).

I reinstalled the app and put in the new paths. Booted the container fine. then took it down, replaced the world files, and started it back up. Everything looked good. I then restarted the container, and it created a Dedicated.db.new file that is about 26MB smaller (71.4MB total) than the existing Dedicated.db file. Restarted again and the .new file grew to 81MB (16MB smaller than original save file).

On 3/11/2021 at 12:33 PM, FrozenGamer said:

just for the valheim2 (non standard ports)?

SO i did that, perhaps wrong - because my original valheim  (i will refer to valheim1) was missing from the docker list and i am getting this error on the log for valheim2 now.  I just added valheim1 again - i think everything is still there but not sure why the error.

src/steamnetworkingsockets/clientlib/steamnetworkingsockets_lowlevel.cpp (1276) : Assertion Failed: SDR service thread gave up on lock after waiting 55ms. This directly adds to delay of processing of network packets!

I'm having some trouble with Valheim.  I'm entirely new to using my server to host games, so it is more than likely I'm missing something basic.

When trying to join my server, it gives a connecting screen and then disconnects.  There is no chance to input the password.  Previously, I was able to successfully join via my local IP and only my friend was having this issue.  I did a firmware update on my router, since it was out of date.  I was thinking there was an issue with opening 2456-2458 and my router (Asus RT-AC68U).  After the firmware update, I restarted my server and now I'm unable to join via local IP, having the same issue.

Password is more than 5 characters, appdata is set to prefer cache, restarted the whole server, I have completely deleted (including appdata folder) and reinstalled the docker, tried with the router firewall on and off, and tried a clean docker install with all default settings - only adding a password.

Thoughts?

8 hours ago, wes.crockett said:

I then restarted the container, and it created a Dedicated.db.new file that is about 26MB smaller (71.4MB total) than the existing Dedicated.db file. Restarted again and the .new file grew to 81MB (16MB smaller than original save file).

So is it working now?

3 hours ago, FrozenGamer said:

because my original valheim  (i will refer to valheim1) was missing from the docker list

You have to give it another name too.

3 hours ago, FrozenGamer said:

This directly adds to delay of processing of network packets!

Don't understand what you mean exactly.

3 hours ago, SweetLogan said:

I'm entirely new to using my server to host games, so it is more than likely I'm missing something basic.

Please read the second recommended post on the top of this thread.

I'm unable to join via local IP, having the same issue.

Can you put the output from the Docker log in a textfile and drop it then here in the textbox?

Thoughts?

Is the docker working now amd can you connect with your local IP through the Steam Server Browser?

This is my log (attached)- I did rename it valheim2.  I must have done something wrong when i deleted the old container and configured it. shows a little better what i meant by the error.  

Will keep looking and see if i can figure it out.

If you are getting hit with too many questions i'm sure eventually i can figure it out.  Thanks so much for what you have done with the container.  

log.txt.txt

Edited by FrozenGamer
2 hours ago, FrozenGamer said:

Will keep looking and see if i can figure it out.

Have you changed something in the template, looks like something is wrong with the network.

Eventually send a screenshot from the full template please.

Here is my log, I don't get this error: valheim.log

Please also check if you got the share that valheim is in set to Use Cache "Only" or "Prefer".

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please read the second recommended post on the top of this thread.

Can you put the output from the Docker log in a textfile and drop it then here in the textbox?

Is the docker working now amd can you connect with your local IP through the Steam Server Browser?

Second recommended post has been read and followed.

Log is attached.

Valheim log.txt

Docker is running, but I am unable to connect. Using the Steam Server Browser it says "Server is not responding."  Same connecting and then disconnected issue, if I try to connect directly via local IP in game.

17 minutes ago, SweetLogan said:

Docker is running, but I am unable to connect. Using the Steam Server Browser it says "Server is not responding."  Same connecting and then disconnected issue, if I try to connect directly via local IP in game.

Have you changed anything in the template?

Are sure that you set the password to a minimum of 5 characters?

In the Steam Server Browser with what IP and Port you try to connect?

Can you try to start over with the container and leave everything at default?

Delete the container, then delete the valheim folder that is located in your appdata directory and then pull a fresh copy from the CA App with the default settings (you can change the servername and the password after you verified everything is working properly).

EDIT: Your log looks also fine and you should be able to connect. ;)

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Have you changed anything in the template?

Are sure that you set the password to a minimum of 5 characters?

In the Steam Server Browser with what IP and Port you try to connect?

Can you try to start over with the container and leave everything at default?

Delete the container, then delete the valheim folder that is located in your appdata directory and then pull a fresh copy from the CA App with the default settings (you can change the servername and the password after you verified everything is working properly).

EDIT: Your log looks also fine and you should be able to connect. ;)

With the completely clean reinstall I can now see the server in my server browser.  After joining, it ultimately gave me the same error.

Having tested everything else, I assumed it had to be my router.  I removed the ports being forward and disabled port forwarding entirely.  I was immediately able to connect, via my local IP.  I re-enabled port forwarding and it still let me successfully connect.  I'll have my friend test if he can join, when he can, but I'm hopeful.

3 minutes ago, SweetLogan said:

After joining, it ultimately gave me the same error.

What is the exact error?

So it is working now I think if I understand that right...

I think you got some kind of network error...

The container works just fine since I also run a server. ;)

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What is the exact error?

Sorry.  Error is the incorrect word.  I encountered the same issue.  I get to the screen that says, "Connecting" and then it dumps me back to the main screen with a popup that just says "Disconnected".

Regardless, it does appear to be some kind of network/router issue.  If it persists, I'll seek out a different forum for that. :) 

I really appreciate your help.

12 minutes ago, SweetLogan said:

Sorry.  Error is the incorrect word.

Incorrect world? Where does it say that?

12 minutes ago, SweetLogan said:

I get to the screen that says, "Connecting" and then it dumps me back to the main screen with a popup that just says "Disconnected".

What's the world name?

Are there any special characters in the password, worldname or the servername?

You are connecting with YOURINTERNALSERVERIP:2467  or am I wrong?

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

Incorrect world? Where does it say that?

What's the world name?

Are there any special characters in the password, worldname or the servername?

You are connecting with YOURINTERNALSERVERIP:2467  or am I wrong?

There was no error.  It just said disconnected.  I should have said "issue" instead of "error" in my earlier message, because there is no error message.

It is still not working for him to join, with all default settings.  It has to be a port forwarding issue within my router or possibly my ISP, so I'll have to explore those possibilities.

Edit: Called ISP and they gave me my own IP.  Clean reinstall of the docker and now the server shows up in the steam server browser, but it says there is no game.  I think it is time to throw in the towel and move on.

Edited by SweetLogan
12 hours ago, SweetLogan said:

now the server shows up in the steam server browser, but it says there is no game

Can you send me a screenshot from the exact error message?

Have you clicken on refresh?

Are you trying to connect through the Steam Server browser with your public IP or your local IP?

EDIT: Also with which port are you trying to connect though the Steam Server Browser as asked before, can't help if you don't answer all questions.

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

The server shows in the game, but when trying to connect, it will just come with connecting. No password question before disconnect.

First of all start over, delete the Container then delete the 'valheim' folder that is located in your appdata directory.

Then make sure that you set the appdata directory in the Shares settings to Use Cache "Only" or "Prefer" (if it's set to "Yes" it will break the game when the Mover kicks in).

Pull a fresh copy from the CA App and make sure to NOT enter your Steam credentials (the Steam credentials are only needed if they are marked as required - see also the first post).

Make sure that you set a password that is 5 characters or longer start the Container and wait for the download to complete.

Go to the Steam Server Browser and try if you can actually see the game (please read the second recommended post on the top of this thread on how to do that).

Hello

for Valheim

i would like to add

https://valheim.thunderstore.io/package/denikson/BepInExPack_Valheim/

i need update start-server 

with

#!/bin/sh
# BepInEx-specific settings
# NOTE: Do not edit unless you know what you are doing!
####
export DOORSTOP_ENABLE=TRUE
export DOORSTOP_INVOKE_DLL_PATH=./BepInEx/core/BepInEx.Preloader.dll
export DOORSTOP_CORLIB_OVERRIDE_PATH=./unstripped_corlib

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="./doorstop_libs:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export LD_PRELOAD="libdoorstop_x64.so:$LD_PRELOAD"
####

could you help me pls ?

is not persistant config

i add 

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${SERVER_DIR}/doorstop_libs:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
i don t know how add not working export LD_PRELOAD=libdoorstop_x64.so:$LD_PRELOAD

i think working but not persistant

Edited by kripy
add more information
22 minutes ago, kripy said:

Hello

for Valheim

i would like to add

https://valheim.thunderstore.io/package/denikson/BepInExPack_Valheim/

i need update start-server 

with

#!/bin/sh
# BepInEx-specific settings
# NOTE: Do not edit unless you know what you are doing!
####

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="./doorstop_libs:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export LD_PRELOAD="libdoorstop_x64.so:$LD_PRELOAD"
####

could you help me pls ?

is not persistant config

i add 

i don t know how add not working export LD_PRELOAD=libdoorstop_x64.so:$LD_PRELOAD

i think working but not persistant

export DOORSTOP_INVOKE_DLL_PATH=${SERVER_DIR}/BepInEx/core/BepInEx.Preloader.dll
export DOORSTOP_CORLIB_OVERRIDE_PATH=${SERVER_DIR}/unstripped_corlib

export LD_PRELOAD=libdoorstop_x64.so:$LD_PRELOAD

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${SERVER_DIR}/linux64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export templdpath=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
chmod -R ${DATA_PERM} ${DATA_DIR}

chmod: symbol lookup error: /serverdata/serverfiles/doorstop_libs/libdoorstop_x64.so: undefined symbol: dlopen