[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 hour ago, kripy said:

i need update start-server 

No you don't.

Enable valheim plus, the the container downloads valheim plus, including the required variables and everything thatbis needed, then you simply place the modfiles in the container directory and restart the container.

2 hours ago, kripy said:

no becaue after you can add all mods https://valheim.thunderstore.io/?q=&ordering=newest

here

The variables are all in there:

export DOORSTOP_ENABLE=TRUE
export DOORSTOP_INVOKE_DLL_PATH=${SERVER_DIR}/BepInEx/core/BepInEx.Preloader.dll
export DOORSTOP_CORLIB_OVERRIDE_PATH=${SERVER_DIR}/unstripped_corlib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${SERVER_DIR}/doorstop_libs":$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_PRELOAD=libdoorstop_x64.so:$LD_PRELOAD
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="${SERVER_DIR}/doorstop_libs"
export DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES="${SERVER_DIR}/libdoorstop_x64.so"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${SERVER_DIR}/linux64:"$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

Only because they look a little different they are not different, the path's are all the same, just drop the mod in your main Valheim directory and it should run just fine. ;)

FYI: ValheimPlus also runns BepInEx so it's not different, you only have to replace the files and enable ValheimPlus in the Docker template.

I have a Valheim server running and I am able to connect and play on it.  I am able to join the server every which way possible; Steam, direct IP address input in game, as well as finding my serer in the list of public servers.  My friends, however, are unable to connect.  I am able to find my sever using sothnode.net.  The ports are forwarded and my password is 5 characters.  

And ideas why other people cannot connect to the server?  

I'm not quite sure how to phrase this question, but is there a way to enable BepInEx and mods on the Valheim server without enabling ValheimPlus? 

I don't want to use ValheimPlus, but I do want to use some mods. Unfortunately, they have conflicts with ValheimPlus so I'm having issues.

When I set ValheimPlus false, the other mods don't work either. When I set ValheimPlus true they do work, but with issues.

I hope this makes sense.

I recall seeing that it is possible to add "multiple servers", and was wondering how to do this? I would like to run two Valheim servers on my hardware and tried to add another container, i didnt go well, im guessing I f***ed it up on the port mappings and therefore the server deleted the original docker. 

36 minutes ago, WebersNET said:

I recall seeing that it is possible to add "multiple servers", and was wondering how to do this? I would like to run two Valheim servers on my hardware and tried to add another container, i didnt go well, im guessing I f***ed it up on the port mappings and therefore the server deleted the original docker. 

I recommended the post now, please read the third recommended post on the top of this thread.

3 hours ago, Seryth said:

I am able to join the server every which way possible; Steam, direct IP address input in game, as well as finding my serer in the list of public servers.  My friends, however, are unable to connect.

Have you enabled ValheimPlus?

Can you give me your log output?

With which IP do you connect?

With which IP do your friends connect?

1 hour ago, SimpleJosh said:

When I set ValheimPlus false, the other mods don't work either. When I set ValheimPlus true they do work, but with issues.

Not at the moment.

Please keep in mind that I'm currently thinking about removing ValheimPlus because they change so much that the container often doesn't work after a update.

I'm not exactly sure if it's worth including it, can you send me more details how you install it or a tutorial somewhere?

20 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you enabled ValheimPlus?

Can you give me your log output?

With which IP do you connect?

With which IP do your friends connect?

I do not have ValheimPlus enabled

Log output below (I hope what I added is correct)

I use my internal IP 

I have given them the external IP for my network

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found

Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 1.60 (16777216 / 1051599543)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 28.03 (294787688 / 1051599543)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 45.76 (481160680 / 1051599543)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 60.71 (638428296 / 1051599543)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 85.67 (900896639 / 1051599543)
Success! App '896660' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
---Update Check for Valheim enabled, running automatically every 60 minutes.---
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 88): SteamGameServer013 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 88): SteamUtils009 /
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 88): SteamGameServer013 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 88): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 88): SteamNetworking006 / Networking
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 88): SteamGameServerStats001 / GameServerStats
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 88): STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION003 / HTTP
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 88): STEAMINVENTORY_INTERFACE_V003 / Inventory
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 88): STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION014 / UGC
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 88): STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 / Apps
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 88): SteamNetworkingUtils003 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 88): SteamNetworkingSockets008 /

4 minutes ago, Seryth said:

I use my internal IP 

I have given them the external IP for my network

If you are able to connect it can be a port forwarding issue or a problem with your ISP.

Please go to your router and look if you forwarded all 3 ports UDP (please only UDP not TCP or both, only UDP) in your router so that they are reachable from "outside"

How they try to connect? Steam Server Browser? Keep in mind they have to connect with YOURPUBLICIP:PORT+1 (eg: 2.195.219.11:2457).

14 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Not at the moment.

Please keep in mind that I'm currently thinking about removing ValheimPlus because they change so much that the container often doesn't work after a update.

I'm not exactly sure if it's worth including it, can you send me more details how you install it or a tutorial somewhere?

That's exactly the reason I don't want to use it as well. It was working before the update yesterday. Based on comments, it looks like it has compatibility issues with BepInEx ConfigurationManager now.

The relevant comments I could find and information on the mod were all here: Nexus Mods Valheim Plus (install instructions are on the description tab). As an example, one mod I know requires the configurationmanager is Valheim - Quality of Life.

As for installing mods manually, I would typically add BepInEx with the instructions here to the Valheim folder. And I would drop any mod .dll into the plugin folder once that's added. One that requires server files as well is Any Portal, which would typically be simply manually downloading the .dll and dropping in the BepInEx/plugins folder on both the server and client.

I hope this is what you were asking for. If there was a way to simply enable starting with server_bepinex without valheimplus allowing for other mods added to the plugins folder, that would be fantastic.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, SimpleJosh said:

I hope this is what you were asking for. If there was a way to simply enable starting with server_bepinex without valheimplus allowing for other mods added to the plugins folder, that would be fantastic.

I will look into this, but it's late here, will keep you updated.

@kripy this is also what you wanted or am I wrong?

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

If you are able to connect it can be a port forwarding issue or a problem with your ISP.

Please go to your router and look if you forwarded all 3 ports UDP (please only UDP not TCP or both, only UDP) in your router so that they are reachable from "outside"

How they try to connect? Steam Server Browser? Keep in mind they have to connect with YOURPUBLICIP:PORT+1 (eg: 2.195.219.11:2457).

I checked my router.  UDP only is selected. I added the range of 2456-2458.  They have tried using ports 2456 and 2457 to connect.  I checked with another friend and they are not able to find my sever in the community listing, but I see it there.   I will check with my ISP, however, my Emby server is able to talk to the outside world.  

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

I found this article and added the ports listed in it as well and rebooted the router and everything is working fine now.  I am not sure if the additional ports are needed and will perform some more testing to see if I can close them.  I know I should have done one at a time to better nail down what change worked, but I will update you incase it is the ports.  

Thanks for trying to help.  

Port Forwarding on Your Router for Valheim

3 hours ago, Seryth said:

I found this article and added the ports listed in it as well and rebooted the router and everything is working fine now.

The additional ports are not needed! This is just semi automatic generated site, I never recommend opening ports that are not activly in use because this is a security risk!

Please trust me the port 2456, 2457, 2458 UDP are the only ports that are needed, it works for me and many others here.

Also please note the ports that you opened can't anyways communicate with the container itself because you don't forwarded the ports in the container or did you?

Eventually the reboot of the router solved the problem...

• Like 1

I'm new to the unraid Platform and i'm loving your work!

Am currently using this container for Valheim with the Plus mod enabled.

Everything is working and updating correctly, except for the part where the Valheim plus config gets rewritten on updates.

It wouldn't be that big of a deal since I keep a backup of the config but when the option for inventory expansion is being used and you load into the game after an update with the 'updated' config, you guessed it, the items in the added inventory slots are gone.

Side note: This doesn't seem to be the case with chests unless opened.

Now that i'm writing this it might be an option to backup the character file so the inventory gets saved, however this is still a workaround.  

Is there a way to back up inventories automatically along with the worlds?

Edited by RicoWalker
Minor edits
13 minutes ago, RicoWalker said:

It wouldn't be that big of a deal since I keep a backup of the config but when the option for inventory expansion is being used and you load into the game after an update with the 'updated' config, you guessed it, the items in the added inventory slots are gone.

I'm not really into modding but can you give me the details which file is used to configure ValheimPlus, so that I can update the start script to back up the file and then copy it back over to the Valheim directory?

EDIT: Is this the directory 'BepInEx/config/'?

54 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I'm not really into modding but can you give me the details which file is used to configure ValheimPlus, so that I can update the start script to back up the file and then copy it back over to the Valheim directory?

EDIT: Is this the directory 'BepInEx/config/'?

Yes it's under BepInEx/config/valheim_plus.cfg

This particular file is used to configure the Valheim Plus mod and which settings it changes, when it's updated it gets overwritten.

Last time there were new values added in this file, with the latest hotfix (0.9.5.5) no values were changed but it was still overwritten

30 minutes ago, RicoWalker said:

Yes it's under BepInEx/config/valheim_plus.cfg

This particular file is used to configure the Valheim Plus mod and which settings it changes, when it's updated it gets overwritten.

Last time there were new values added in this file, with the latest hotfix (0.9.5.5) no values were changed but it was still overwritten

Please update the container, fix is released and on the next update nothing should be overwritten. ;)

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, ich777 said:

@RicoWalker & @kripy BepInEx is now integrated. Pull a fresh copy from the CA App and you should see the option to enable it in the template. ;)

Thank you for the quick fix, gonna check it out tonight! :)

EDIT: Everything seems to be working, if anything changes after an update i'll be sure to give a heads-up ;)

Edited by RicoWalker
Update
  • Like 1

hello

i just setup 7days server. edited the serverconfig.xml for game name password and ports and i get the following error in the log file

Found path: /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 100: 65 Aborted ${SERVER_DIR}/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64 -configfile=${SERVERCONFIG} ${GAME_PARAMS}

Edited by dfox1787

Thankful for the dockers make for Terraria, but running into some issues trying to host a server for the mobile version (1.4.0.5) since it doesn't match the latest (1.4.1.2) and are not compatible.

I'm using Unraid and the issue is that it performs the version check and auto updates the Terraria when starting up the docker.

I've been trying the ich777 Terraria docker, as well as a variant of the Ryshe version, but both are at v1.4.1.2

I downloaded the mobile server zip from the Terraria site but copying over the file hasn't worked since it keeps on getting re-written by the Docker startup.

Looking for some help on how to disable the auto update.

Try to ELI5 please. :)  Thank!

I must admit my command line experience is lacking, so ideally, I prefer if CLI interface to manage the Terraria server is kept to a minimum - ie. the unraid box is in the basement with the other backup NAS so aside from having to generate the world.

I usually handle things via remote login to the internal network IP to the Unraid server using a browser. 

Edited by Alfred236