[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Just now, dfox1787 said:

wine?

Wine isn't always the answer, look for example at Space Engineers this is a game you simply can't run or better speaking the dedicated server on Linux or at least get it to run stable on Linux (sometimes I got luck running it and sometimes it runs with a really bad overhead and uses that much system resources that you also can set up a VM).

I have a few games that run with WINE (TheForest, ConanExiles,...) but they for example sometimes eat up twice as much system resources as if you run it on Windows.

...and as I said above, I don't do games anymore that I don't personally own since support is a nightmare without having the game in the library.

the log is: 
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Checking for 'runtime' folder---
---'runtime' folder not found, creating...---
---Checking if Runtime is installed---
---Downloading and installing Basic Runtime---
---Something went wrong, can't download Runtime, putting server in sleep mode---

1 hour ago, sebbi said:

---Something went wrong, can't download Runtime, putting server in sleep mode---

Have you stopped the container  at the very first start once?

Please look in your gamedirectory if there is a file called runtime in there, if so, please remove this file and restart the container and wait for it to finish the startup.

Have you any kind of firewall or something like PiHole in front of the Server? The Minecraft server needs exclusive internet access on the very first start since it tries to download the runtime and minecraft itself.

• Like 1

the log now: ---Checking for Minecraft Server executable ---
---Downloading Minecraft Server 1.16.5---
---Successfully downloaded Minecraft 1.16.5 Server!---
---Preparing Server---
---Checking for 'server.properties'---
---No 'server.properties' found, downloading...---
---Successfully downloaded 'server.properties'!---
---Checking for old logs---
---Starting Server---
---EULA not found please stand by...---
grep: /serverdata/serverfiles/eula.txt: No such file or directory
---Waiting for logs, please stand by...---
Cannot exec '/serverdata/serverfiles/runtime/jre1.8.0_261/bin/java': No such file or directory
Terminated
usermod: no changes
---Starting...---
---'runtime' folder found---
---Runtime found---
---Checking for Minecraft Server executable ---
---Minecraft v1.16.5 is Up-To-Date!---
---Preparing Server---
---'server.properties' found...
---Checking for old logs---
---Starting Server---
---EULA not found please stand by...---
grep: /serverdata/serverfiles/eula.txt: No such file or directory
---Waiting for logs, please stand by...---

2 minutes ago, sebbi said:

Cannot exec '/serverdata/serverfiles/runtime/jre1.8.0_261/bin/java': No such file or directory

Please try to start over and wait on the first start.

Stop the container, delete all files and directories in you minecraft folder and then start the container again.

Something is wrong with the runtime...

8 minutes ago, sebbi said:

should i change the runtime?

No, just stop the container delete everything inside the minecraft directory and start the container again.

Have you stopped the container on the very first start, where it downloads the runtime and everything and the process is interrupted it can happen that it simply won't run.

54 minutes ago, sebbi said:

But i have a new question, can i connect a domain to my server?

For example if you have a domain named mydomain.duckdns.org and that is bound to your PUBLICIP (eg: 23.23.23.98) you have to simply portforward 25565 in your firewall and then you can simply connect to your Minecraft server within the game with mydomain.duckdns.org:25565 instead of 23.23.23.98:25565 (in this case you can also connect with only mydomain.duckdns.org because the game will automatically connect to port 25565 because that's the default port).

Hope this makes sense to you.

37 minutes ago, Kavden said:

For the Valheim server.  Valheim+ allows for the removal of the password requirement from the server.  Would it be possible to remove the password as a required field?

For now I have to say, no because this would only be a workaround and I will implement this as soon as the developers allow that the servers have no password.

But I think if you leave the password field empty it should also work (you actually can remove the required mark by switching on the Advanced View on the Template page and then click on Edit at password and on the bottom you can remove the required tag).

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

But I think if you leave the password field empty it should also work (you actually can remove the required mark by switching on the Advanced View on the Template page and then click on Edit at password and on the bottom you can remove the required tag).

Tested and working, thanks much.

• Like 1

Running a Minecraft server, and I decided to edit the server.properties file while the container was off. I've done it several times before. This time, however, none of the users are able to connect to the server after I restarted the container, and the log reads:

---Starting...---
---'runtime' folder found---
---Runtime found---
---Checking for Minecraft Server executable ---
---Minecraft v1.16.5 is Up-To-Date!---
---Preparing Server---
---No 'server.properties' found, downloading...---
---Something went wrong, can't download 'server.properties', putting server in sleep mode---

You can see in the attached image that server.properties is in its correct spot in the Minecraft folder; furthermore, I checked through the file to make sure all the syntax was correct. What could be the issue?

Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 1.09.20 AM.png

Edited by AlphaOmegaKappa
specificity
7 minutes ago, AlphaOmegaKappa said:

You can see in the attached image that server.properties is in its correct spot in the Minecraft folder; furthermore, I checked through the file to make sure all the syntax was correct. What could be the issue?

Can you try to delete the 'server.properties' file (save it somewhere save before you delete it)? Eventually the permissions are messed up.

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you try to delete the 'server.properties' file (save it somewhere save before you delete it)? Eventually the permissions are messed up.

I tried both

• Saving server.properties to my downloads, deleting it from the Minecraft folder, and running the container; and

• Saving server.properties to my downloads, deleting it from the Minecraft folder, putting it back into the Minecraft folder from my downloads, and running the container

and neither fixed the issue.

Edited by AlphaOmegaKappa
54 minutes ago, AlphaOmegaKappa said:

I tried both

• Saving server.properties to my downloads, deleting it from the Minecraft folder, and running the container; and

• Saving server.properties to my downloads, deleting it from the Minecraft folder, putting it back into the Minecraft folder from my downloads, and running the container

and neither fixed the issue.

Does the Minecraft server download a new server.properties?

Have you set the folder where your minecraft folder is located to Use Cache "Only" or "Prefer" (don't set it to "Yes").

25 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Does the Minecraft server download a new server.properties?

Have you set the folder where your minecraft folder is located to Use Cache "Only" or "Prefer" (don't set it to "Yes").

A new server.properties isn't made when the container is restarted/turned back on. 

The folder that the minecraft server is in is set to Only: Cache.

2 hours ago, AlphaOmegaKappa said:

A new server.properties isn't made when the container is restarted/turned back on. 

The folder that the minecraft server is in is set to Only: Cache.

This is really strange, can you try to setup a test instance for minecraft and see if it works? Don't forget to give it another name, set different ports and also the server directory has to be different.