[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 minute ago, enigma27 said:

I tried to connect via both internal and external ip's and only internal works

If it works from your local network then it has to be something with the port forwarding.

Also haven't you said you configured something for public access in the template? What have you changed?

A screenshot from the template would be nice.

25 minutes ago, enigma27 said:

ok im stumped.

tried mucking around with the port forwarding and cant get it to work.

I have multiple port forwards on this router and only this one seems to not work.

Side not I set Valheim plus to true and can see files in the appdata folder. tried changing some of the options in the valheimplus.cfg file and restarted the server but none of the options seem to have taken... is there something that needs to be done activate it on the server?

This is probably not where the issue lies, but try without Valheim Plus, just in case it changes something. It probably won't, but it's always a good idea to take it one step at a time.

Did you have other servers running on unRAID?

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, enigma27 said:

ok im stumped.

tried mucking around with the port forwarding and cant get it to work.

I have multiple port forwards on this router and only this one seems to not work.

Side not I set Valheim plus to true and can see files in the appdata folder. tried changing some of the options in the valheimplus.cfg file and restarted the server but none of the options seem to have taken... is there something that needs to be done activate it on the server?

are you trying to connect via hostname or ip and port as hostname does not work from what i have found

• Thanks 1
Just now, Nanobug said:

I haven't tried hostname myself. But my hostnames usually don't work anyway. I'm using subdomains instead. But valid point!

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2456 is the only way to connect or finding in the server list is only way i had some issues trying to use a hostname sub dom or otherwise in my experience

3 minutes ago, aphexcloud said:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2456 is the only way to connect or finding in the server list is only way i had some issues trying to use a hostname sub dom or otherwise in my experience

Subdomains just translates it into an IP, so there's no difference. Except it's easier to remember names than numbers.

Just now, Nanobug said:

Subdomains just translates it into an IP, so there's no difference. Except it's easier to remember names than numbers.

yeah i get ya but im fairly sure theres some issue int the game code that does not do dns lookup or somthing, have you tried to conenct to the external ip from an exteral host to ur server?

10 minutes ago, aphexcloud said:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2456

From in game yes from the Steam Server Browser you have to use port 2457

19 minutes ago, aphexcloud said:

hostname

Tried it yesterday with my hostname on the default port eg: 'mydomain.com' and it worked just fine from ingame (but I'm also having a static IP).

Steam Server Browser also works with hostnames but you have to use something like: 'mydomain.com:2457' (because the server browser can properly resolve the hostnames)

EDIT: if you got more server running and you want to connect from ingame to a different port try: 'mydomain.com:2461'

2 minutes ago, aphexcloud said:

yeah i get ya but im fairly sure theres some issue int the game code that does not do dns lookup or somthing, have you tried to conenct to the external ip from an exteral host to ur server?

Valheim is weird atm. It usually works to connect directly to it with the sub.domain.com:port setup. The IP works a swell.
Steam servers doesn't always wants to find the Valheim server to be added to favorites. But so far, I've only experienced it in Valheim.

From what I understood on the Valheim server, it's on Valheim developers end, so there's nothing we can do, unless you're planning to get a job there.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ich777 said:

From in game yes from the Steam Server Browser you have to use port 2457

Tried it yesterday with my hostname on the default port eg: 'mydomain.com' and it worked just fine from ingame (but I'm also having a static IP).

Steam Server Browser also works with hostnames but you have to use something like: 'mydomain.com:2457' (because the server browser can properly resolve the hostnames)

the more you know thanks! 

i have ddyndns which may be my issue so i have to share my external ip with my friends lol

soz if i sent up the garden path nano

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Nanobug said:

sub.domain.com:port

Is this a duckdns domain?

Normally it also should work if you run more than one container with 'yourdomain.com:2456' or 'yourdomain.com:2460' from ingame (please note that you have to use the gameport and not the query port = GAME_PORT +1).

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Is this a duckdns domain?

Normally it also should work if you run more than one container with 'yourdomain.com:2456' or 'yourdomain.com:2460' from ingame (please note that you have to use the gameport and not the query port = GAME_PORT +1).

No, I registered a domain at simply.com so I can create as many as I like, and not limited to 5 (or whatever it was).

4 minutes ago, aphexcloud said:

the more you know thanks! 

i have ddyndns which may be my issue so i have to share my external ip with my friends lol

soz if i sent up the garden path nano

No worries. ich777 just have a keen eye and saw the 2456. I'm adding it with GAME_PORT+1 on steam servers as well.

11 minutes ago, aphexcloud said:

@ich777 i seem to be haing issues connecting after the mostrecent update i was getting a game server version mismatch error but now that i have restarted the server if tries to connect gets to password screen then just says disconnected

Have you the old log?

It should automatically restart and apply the update if you enabled it in the template. I've tried it now and I can connect fine.

Have you Valheim Plus or something else enabled?

Here is my log (cut it a bit to only show the detection and update): valheim.log

4 minutes ago, Nanobug said:

No, I registered a domain at simply.com so I can create as many as I like, and not limited to 5 (or whatever it was).

Then this should also work from ingame just note that you have to user your domain + the game port (except for the default port you don't have to enter a port number) eg: valheimisbuggyashell.org:2460 for a non default port

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you the old log?

It should automatically restart and apply the update if you enabled it in the template. I've tried it now and I can connect fine.

Here is my log (cut it a bit to only show the detection and update): valheim.log

Ty I'll take a look in a sec is this player log or server log in the docker? 

Never mind me, clearly steamcmd log

Edited by aphexcloud
Derp
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you the old log?

Also vanilla val server no valplus

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Then this should also work from ingame just note that you have to user your domain + the game port (except for the default port you don't have to enter a port number) eg: valheimisbuggyashell.org:2460 for a non default port

I've got 3 options to join one of my severs:
Ingame community servers
Steam servers
In game direct connect

Usually one of them works.

If I set up CS:GO, MC or something else, it works right away. It's just Valheim that is a bit buggy. But it's in early access.

For the record, I'm just trying to help you with troubleshooting, since you're so nice at helping, so I wanted to give some back :)

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Nanobug said:

For the record, I'm just trying to help you with troubleshooting, since you're so nice at helping, so I wanted to give some back :)

This is really much appreciated! :)

5 minutes ago, Nanobug said:

If I set up CS:GO, MC or something else, it works right away. It's just Valheim that is a bit buggy. But it's in early access.

Yes this game is pretty buggy game but that's because it's in really early alpha. ;)

Also I like this game really much this is the first game in 2 years I think that I enjoy playing and never gets boring, at least to that day... :D

Good evening, i have some issues with my assetto corsa server, the docker starts fine but the assetto-server-manager gives me this error log :

time="2021-03-23T13:22:50+01:00" level=error msg="Could not check sysctl val: net.core.rmem_max" error="open /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max: no such file or directory"

time="2021-03-23T13:22:50+01:00" level=error msg="Could not check sysctl val: net.core.rmem_default" error="open /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_default: no such file or directory"

time="2021-03-23T13:22:50+01:00" level=error msg="Could not check sysctl val: net.core.wmem_max" error="open /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max: no such file or directory"

time="2021-03-23T13:22:50+01:00" level=error msg="Could not check sysctl val: net.core.wmem_default" error="open /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_default: no such file or directory"

I'm missing something? i used a steam account without steamguard and left the default container paths.

20 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is really much appreciated! :)

Yes this game is pretty buggy game but that's because it's in really early alpha. ;)

Also I like this game really much this is the first game in 2 years I think that I enjoy playing and never gets boring, at least to that day... :D

I just played it for 30 hours straight more or less, but I think I've spent as much time on the server side as well. I just like to tinker with everything and understand how it works. I probably destroy more than I fix, but I learn along the way :)

9 minutes ago, aphexcloud said:

this was a world coruption causing the issue after updating the  server backup your worlds everyone!

ich777 built it in. You can just add more hours to the default of 24. I use 168 and rsyncing the latest one each week to another destination.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, aphexcloud said:

Trying to connect via IP.

I seem to be finding people on reddit who are having same issue with Pfsesne and specifically Valheim.. i just need to work out how to fix it.