[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 minute ago, enigma27 said:

Trying to connect via IP.

I seem to be finding people on reddit who are having same issue with Pfsesne and specifically Valheim.. i just need to work out how to fix it.

That sucks.
If possible try to only change one setting at a time, so you know which one fixed it.

18 minutes ago, enigma27 said:

I seem to be finding people on reddit who are having same issue with Pfsesne and specifically Valheim.. i just need to work out how to fix it.

I also used it with pfSense without a problem.

But the problem was that pfSense has that many options an configurations that the initial configuration is really hard or at least not very easy...

Thankfully the guys over at ipFire fixed the issue in dhcpd because I got random disconnects with my new FTTH ISP and now I'm back on ipFire and it's way easier to use and I simply love it... :)

31 minutes ago, Bedey said:

time="2021-03-23T13:22:50+01:00" level=error msg="Could not check sysctl val: net.core.rmem_max" error="open /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max: no such file or directory"

time="2021-03-23T13:22:50+01:00" level=error msg="Could not check sysctl val: net.core.rmem_default" error="open /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_default: no such file or directory"

time="2021-03-23T13:22:50+01:00" level=error msg="Could not check sysctl val: net.core.wmem_max" error="open /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max: no such file or directory"

time="2021-03-23T13:22:50+01:00" level=error msg="Could not check sysctl val: net.core.wmem_default" error="open /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_default: no such file or directory"

I'm missing something? i used a steam account without steamguard and left the default container paths.

Is this from the Docker log? Can you post the full log output please?

Are we talking about AssettoCorsa or AssettoCorsaCompetizione?

31 minutes ago, Nanobug said:

ich777 built it in.

This bug is a real pain... :P

Don't know if it's fixed already or if it's related to my container...

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

This bug is a real pain... :P

I have 5 or 6 regular Valheim servers, and 1 with Valheim Plus.
I only had issues when one of the regular ones wanted Plus, then it whiped the world. But none of the regular ones otherwise had any issues. Neither the one that started with Valheim Plus.

I don't know if the bug is still there. Reddit removed it's buglist for it.

just wanted to say thanks for all the help this morning...

At this stage I have given up trying to get it to work... i think PFsesne is just to complex for me to understand whats not going correct. Just tried a minecraft server to make sure it wasnt Valheim and I am getting the same issue. can connect locally but even after forwarding ports I cant connect with external IP

I have three TCP port forwards in my pfsense settings and all of them show as port open when i use a website to check... but if I even simply copy one of those rules and change the port by 1 the port checker reports as closed so I have idea whats going on right now.

31 minutes ago, ich777 said:

* Crafting item-dupe bug fix
* Harpooned player & ship bug fix
* Fixed player ragdoll
* Bonemass,Moder,Yagluth difficulty tweaks
* Moder music updated
* Tombstone bugfix (probably wont fix disappearing tombstones though)
* Fixed world corruption caused by pressing ALT+F4 while logging out.
* Deathsquitos have slightly longer audio range
* Tweaked audio on blast-furnace & spinning wheel
* Shared map position setting is saved per world
* Updated network stats (F2)
* Building destruction drop-fix
* Vulkan support in windows builds
* Network disconnection bugfix
* Updated socket-backend

From their Discord.

So a part of it is fixed at least.

3 minutes ago, enigma27 said:

just wanted to say thanks for all the help this morning...

At this stage I have given up trying to get it to work... i think PFsesne is just to complex for me to understand whats not going correct. Just tried a minecraft server to make sure it wasnt Valheim and I am getting the same issue. can connect locally but even after forwarding ports I cant connect with external IP

I have three TCP port forwards in my pfsense settings and all of them show as port open when i use a website to check... but if I even simply copy one of those rules and change the port by 1 the port checker reports as closed so I have idea whats going on right now.

You don't have another router?
If you've installed it on a PC of some sort, you could try a different OS to act as a router.

15 minutes ago, enigma27 said:

when i use a website to check...

Please note that Valheim doesn't answer those websites because it actually uses another protocol or at least a proprietary since the server won't answer a default UDP request from such sites...

On what box do you run pfSense?

14 minutes ago, Nanobug said:

Fixed world corruption caused by pressing ALT+F4 while logging out.

Yes I've seen this also on Steam (I personally don't use Discord that much because then I would have no time at all because of the support requests I think... :D )

But I don't know if that also applies to the dedicated Linux server but I think so.

EDIT: I hope that they fix the network bugs...

11 minutes ago, Nanobug said:

If you've installed it on a PC of some sort, you could try a different OS to act as a router.

I strongly recommend ipFire, easy to use and much statistics data (not the pretties GUI but it does the job).

Just now, ich777 said:

Please note that Valheim doesn't answer those websites because it actually uses another protocol or at least a proprietary since the server won't answer a default UDP request from such sites...

On what box do you run pfSense?

Yes I've seen this also on Steam (I personally don't use Discord that much because then I would have no time at all because of the support requests I think... :D )

But I don't know if that also applies to the dedicated Linux server but I think so.

I strongly recommend ipFire, easy to use and much statistics data (not the pretties GUI but it does the job).

I run pfsense on its own dedicated machine

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz

Current: 3400 MHz, Max: 3401 MHz

8 CPUs: 1 package(s) x 4 core(s) x 2 hardware threads

AES-NI CPU Crypto: Yes (active)

I am going to post over on the pfsesne part of reddit as it even an issue with a simple TCP port forward not working anymore.

12 minutes ago, enigma27 said:

I run pfsense on its own dedicated machine

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz

Current: 3400 MHz, Max: 3401 MHz

8 CPUs: 1 package(s) x 4 core(s) x 2 hardware threads

AES-NI CPU Crypto: Yes (active)

I am going to post over on the pfsesne part of reddit as it even an issue with a simple TCP port forward not working anymore.

As said, if you are interested here is ipFire: Click

This runs basically on a potato... :D

I run it on some kind of Intel NUC with a Celeron J3160 and 4 NIC's with IPS and can fully saturate my 250Mbit/s symmetric connection so 500Mbit/s are no problem for such a "small" machine.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Is this from the Docker log? Can you post the full log output please?

Are we talking about AssettoCorsa or AssettoCorsaCompetizione?

I'm talking about AssettoCorsa.

Here's the docker log, idk how to download it, so sorry about the long message

assettocorsa.log

Edited by ich777
put log into file
10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you try to to run the container without the server manager? Seems like that the server manager causes the issue.

Yep, seems fine, no errors, but i don't know how to manage the server right now, any alternatives to the server manager?

41 minutes ago, ich777 said:

As said, if you are interested here is ipFire: Click

This runs basically on a potato... :D

I run it on some kind of Intel NUC with a Celeron J3160 and 4 NIC's with IPS and can fully saturate my 250Mbit/s symmetric connection so 500Mbit/s are no problem for such a "small" machine.

I looked at ipFire as well. I just really like Ubiquiti...

I feel like I am being really dumb.

Is this simply a case of me not being able to ping the server using external IP because in inside my network?

I can actually see traffic in my firewall form external IP's to the server IP+port

Edited by enigma27
5 hours ago, Nanobug said:

Also, if you're using a subdomain to connect to it with, it takes 1-24 hours for the DNS to update. So it might not find anything at first.

I was going to attempt to do that myself.  Instead of having to type in the IP address, just type in the Domain I purchased for my unraid server.  Decided against that since I am not too familiar on how setting that all up would work and didn't want to break the server trying to get it.  Should have done that from the start but now everyone is used to typing in my WAN IP address at this point.

40 minutes ago, Bedey said:

Yep, seems fine, no errors, but i don't know how to manage the server right now, any alternatives to the server manager?

I will look into this ASAP, please give me a few days...

3 minutes ago, CoZ said:

Should have done that from the start but now everyone is used to typing in my WAN IP address at this point.

If you are forwarded the ports correctly and you already have a domain for your public IP you simply should be able to connect with: YOURDOMAIN:2456 (if you use the standard port like in this case you don't have to put in ':2456').

12 minutes ago, enigma27 said:

Is this simply a case of me not being able to ping the server using external IP because in inside my network?

Maybe, as I said this has something to do with NAT reflection and when it's not set up correctly then this won't work to ping or even reach a serverice with your public IP on your internal network.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

A subdomain won't work...

You have to simply enter 'target-down.com' then it will work.

Tried it now but I can't connect...

grafik.thumb.png.3ed4576e4dca48f426f701434b310386.png

which port do you need to use for external connections to the server?

I set-up my domain to use 2457 should it be 2456?

that domain should work as it points directly back to my external IP and i have set-up an SRV connection to the UDP port.

target-down.com will only resolve to my hosting website.

Edited by enigma27
Just now, enigma27 said:

which port do you need to use for external connections to the server?

If I connect through the server from in game you can just use 'target-down.com' you have to understand that the domain name will be resolved into the IP of the server (that's why I have made it white in the above screenshot) and then it tries to connect to the IP with all 3 ports, only one port isn't enough.

I hope that makes actually sense to you.

You don't reverse proxy the server or do you?

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

If I connect through the server from in game you can just use 'target-down.com' you have to understand that the domain name will be resolved into the IP of the server (that's why I have made it white in the above screenshot) and then it tries to connect to the IP with all 3 ports, only one port isn't enough.

I hope that makes actually sense to you.

You don't reverse proxy the server or do you?

No I don't have reverse proxy.

I use cloudflare so on my setting within cloudflare target-down.com resolves to my actual hosting.

I have A record for set with a subdoamin that resolves my external home IP valheim.target-down.com is a CNAME record that just points back to the main sub domain that tracks the IP address.

but irrelevant of the domain if I were external and wanted to connect to the server what port would I use that the end?

Internally it seems to use 2457 if trying to connect but is that the same externally or would you use port 2456?

15 minutes ago, UtahDeLorean said:

Valheim updated last night and it seems like the docker/image might need an update cause it's running, but I can't connect to it

Yes, the container updates itself and should done that already if you enabled auto updates.

Another user here had the world destroyer bug, he had to restore the world to get it working again.

My containers work a little different they update on a start/restart of the container itself (the description also tells that).

Have you got a log?

Already played on my server and there is no problem please look at this post and the following few:

26 minutes ago, enigma27 said:

but irrelevant of the domain if I were external and wanted to connect to the server what port would I use that the end?

The query port is 2457 the game port is 2456 and for what the port 2458 is I don't know the description from the official dedicated server document says that you need those three ports.

In your case it has something to do with the port forwarding.

If you are in game and you use the default ports you simply can type in: 'target-down.com' and it will connect just fine because it knows that it has to connect to 2456, 2457 and 2458.

You have to forward all three ports otherwise the game can't connect.