[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

25 minutes ago, Cyd said:

If you are connecting via internet ip than it is likely the port forward setting in your router being set to “both” rather than “udp”. If you are connecting using your lan ip it is likely that your routers port forwards are not set at all.

So you are saying I should have it set to UDP? Because I do. I can connect on the local network. But I am unable to connect via outside connection. It isn't publishing to the Rust server browser. Do you have experience with a Rust server docker?

On 1/8/2021 at 4:29 PM, wyattbest said:

Thanks for all the work @ich777. I've successfully setup Rust and Ark servers thanks to you. Any chance you could setup one for Pixark? I tried for a brief period to set one up myself, but I think I messed up getting WINE setup correctly. If not no worries I'm sure you are plenty busy.

Any chance you can share your Rust port forwarding? I can't get mine to connect to the rust server browser. 

6 hours ago, Gee1 said:

Valheim Server dosnt apear in server others list, the can only connect via ip. Whats wrong?

This can/is just pretty normal, have you read the second recommended post on the top of this thread?

Please try if you can see it in the Steam Server Browser (please note that you have to enter the IP:PORT+1 eg: 192.168.1.1:2467 to see it in the Steam Server Browser <- this applies only to the Steam Server Browser - see the second recommended post).

Are you trying to connect with your local IP or your public IP?

4 hours ago, Gee1 said:

should i only actiavate udp and no tcp forwarding ?

Only the ports that are in the template, so to speak the 3 UDP ports.

5 hours ago, jagr200 said:

Any chance you can share your Rust port forwarding? I can't get mine to connect to the rust server browser. 

From my research RUST can only display 5000 server entries, eventually yours is not on the list.

8 hours ago, jagr200 said:

New update. So going in the Steam Server browser I could find it. I can also add it as a favorite and then go into Rust and find it in my favorite servers and connect that way. The second I delete it from my favorites I can not find it again except for in my History.

I can't imagine that you don't find it if you add it a second time, have you clicked 'Refresh'?

Which is what I would like. I would also like to figure out how to add the RCON to be able to see server stats etc.

You have to add this to the 'Game Parameters':

+rcon.port 28016

and then add also the port forwarding in the template with the container port 28016 and host port 28016 TCP!

I would also love to get this working with the Rust+ Companion Application.

Any link to this?

5 hours ago, jagr200 said:

I can't get mine to connect to the rust server browser. 

I think this is a Rust "problem" like it is for Valheim, some show up in the in game list some not and sometimes it takes ages to show up.

Hi, does anybody have an explanation/fix for the RAM usage behavior by the Valheim docker seen below? Can still connect to the Valheim dedicated server from LAN and WAN and play with normal desync issues, just bugs me seeing this on my status page...

image.thumb.png.137b22b33764600f1b54f536dea23906.png

Previously, usage stayed at a flat 2.5-3 GB, don't remember exactly. Now it fluctuates a half GB on a very set timing. Possibly related to either an update to the Valheim game or Valheim Plus mod in the last few weeks but unsure. (The dip seen around 20:00 is due to restarting the docker to grab the newest Valheim Plus update.)

The unraid docker log doesn't seem to show anything useful for this. The steam appinfo_log shows this repeating every 5-10 minutes:

[2021-04-05 20:04:37] RequestAppInfoUpdate: nNumAppIDs 1

[2021-04-05 20:04:41] RequestAppInfoUpdate: nNumAppIDs 1
[2021-04-05 20:04:41] RequestAppInfoUpdate: nNumAppIDs 1
[2021-04-05 20:04:41] Change number 0->11151556, apps: 0/0, packages: 0/0
[2021-04-05 20:04:41] Requesting 744 apps, 1 packages (meta data, 1024 prev attempts)
[2021-04-05 20:04:42] Requested 79 app access tokens, 41 received, 38 denied
[2021-04-05 20:04:42] Updated SHAs with 41 new access tokens
[2021-04-05 20:04:42] Downloaded 28 apps via HTTP, 803 KB (181 KB compressed)
[2021-04-05 20:04:42] Requesting 58 apps, 0 packages (full data, 1024 prev attempts)
[2021-04-05 20:04:42] UpdatesJob: finished OK, apps updated 86 (1065 KB), packages updated 0 (0 KB)
[2021-04-05 20:04:49] Starting async write /serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/appcache/appinfo.vdf (2697301 bytes)

It makes me think steam is constantly updating something but I have the "Automatically Update Game:" variable set to false. There's other logs from the Steam/logs location as well that seem to follow the same time-repeating pattern, such as store 'userlocal' and it failing to be read. Is this something fixable on my end? I can backup the world files and wipe the docker image to restart if necessary.

Can reply with more log files if that's helpful!

Edited by scd780
1 hour ago, scd780 said:

Previously, usage stayed at a flat 2.5-3 GB, don't remember exactly. Now it fluctuates a half GB on a very set timing. Possibly related to either an update to the Valheim game or Valheim Plus mod in the last few weeks but unsure. (The dip seen around 20:00 is due to restarting the docker to grab the newest Valheim Plus update.)

I know a brand new server uses around 1.6 GB of RAM. I think the biggest one I have, RAM wise is just below 3 GB, at peak hours.

It seems a bit high to use almost 4 GB of RAM most of a 24 hour period.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, scd780 said:

It makes me think steam is constantly updating something but I have the "Automatically Update Game:" variable set to false.

The "Automatically Update Game:" variable has nothing to do with Steam, this is a script that I wrote because some people requested auto updates but as said this has nothing to do with the files that you mentioned. ;)

1 hour ago, scd780 said:

There's other logs from the Steam/logs location as well that seem to follow the same time-repeating pattern, such as store 'userlocal' and it failing to be read. Is this something fixable on my end?

What logs are you talking about exactly, Steam does nothing, it's the game that calls Steam and nothing you can do about that (a little Background to this: SteamCMD is only called on updates or better speaking at the start of the Container and then the game itself is started and everything that is updated within the mentioned logs is done from the game even if it's Steam related).

Hope that makes sense to you.

1 hour ago, scd780 said:

I can backup the world files and wipe the docker image to restart if necessary.

Haven't you turned on the Backup function?

1 hour ago, scd780 said:

Previously, usage stayed at a flat 2.5-3 GB, don't remember exactly.

How big is your world in terms of filesize?

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

The "Automatically Update Game:" variable has nothing to do with Steam, this is a script that I wrote because some people requested auto updates but as said this has nothing to do with the files that you mentioned. ;)

What logs are you talking about exactly, Steam does nothing, it's the game that calls Steam and nothing you can do about that (a little Background to this: SteamCMD is only called on updates or better speaking at the start of the Container and then the game itself is started and everything that is updated within the mentioned logs is done from the game even if it's Steam related).

Hope that makes sense to you.

Haven't you turned on the Backup function?

How big is your world in terms of filesize?

Thanks for the quick reply! I’m not familiar at all with how this docker is setup to work so sorry if I point to the wrong things, I’ll try and use the folder paths to make it more clear! 

I’m talking about all of the logs in the container mapping /serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs. There’s about 12 different log files there and at first it seemed like most of them were written to in sync with the RAM usage spikes I saw, though now I think the writes are synced with times I or friends logged onto the world, not 100% sure. So my initial line of troubleshooting may have been quite wrong. 

I do have the backup function turned on and it works great! I just said that to mean copy the backup out before nuking everything and starting fresh. 

I don’t have access at the moment for the exact file size, but the compressed backup is ~70 MB. I can update later today with uncompressed numbers when I have better access. 

Probably hard to help me troubleshoot with just the info above so I’ll do some more poking myself and bring anything back that seems interesting! 

if I do end up needing to nuke the container image and re-pulling it, any tips? I think I just need to keep the latest backup archive (and Valheim Plus config) and plug that back in after initial setup. 

1 hour ago, scd780 said:

I don’t have access at the moment for the exact file size, but the compressed backup is ~70 MB. I can update later today with uncompressed numbers when I have better access. 

I think that can be the reason, the bigger the world gets or the more you change in the world and build the more RAM the game uses, at least from my experience.

In my case the world database is now 66MB and the game now uses about 2.5GB of RAM.

Also note that Valheim is in really early alpha state and it can also be that something that's in the world database is causing a memory leak or something like that, but from the restart of your server I see that the RAM usage quickly is going back to 4GB so in your case or for your world this seems pretty normal, but that's just all guesses...

Eventually try to ask on the Valheim Discord/Forums/Steam Community Hub if someone experience this too.

Im trying to install ARK and when i try it says 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='ARKSurvivalEvolved' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'GAME_ID'='376030' -e 'USERNAME'='' -e 'VALIDATE'='' -e 'PASSWRD'='' -e 'MAP'='Ragnarok' -e 'SERVER_NAME'='' -e 'SRV_PWD'='' -e 'SRV_ADMIN_PWD'='' -e 'GAME_PARAMS'='' -e 'GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA'='-server -log' -e 'UID'='99' -e 'GID'='100' -p '7777:7777/udp' -p '7778:7778/udp' -p '27015:27015/udp' -p '27020:27020/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd':'/serverdata/steamcmd':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/ark-se':'/serverdata/serverfiles':'rw' --restart=unless-stopped 'ich777/steamcmd:arkse'

33c59ec95d1d0cdc302788cbdaa6058bdea819fb050649d37083e8a05a63b343
docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint ARKSurvivalEvolved (4e80ad57df8ef0d2e3562e942283c39e80b2156a1323d88f6d610160a206add0): Bind for 0.0.0.0:27015 failed: port is already allocated.

The command failed.

whats the best way to switch that port so im still able to do port forwarding  and be able to access the ARK server from not at home

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

I think that can be the reason, the bigger the world gets or the more you change in the world and build the more RAM the game uses, at least from my experience.

In my case the world database is now 66MB and the game now uses about 2.5GB of RAM.

Also note that Valheim is in really early alpha state and it can also be that something that's in the world database is causing a memory leak or something like that, but from the restart of your server I see that the RAM usage quickly is going back to 4GB so in your case or for your world this seems pretty normal, but that's just all guesses...

Eventually try to ask on the Valheim Discord/Forums/Steam Community Hub if someone experience this too.

Finally got the chance to check and my world database is 108 MB. I think I'll remove the container image and re pull it from your repo just in case but if I see the same behavior I guess it's fine!

I wouldn't be surprised if it's something to do with in-game changes either, we ended up doing a lot of terraforming type activities before we heard that it has a huge impact on performance. Thanks for the help!

UPDATE: Blew away the docker image, repulled it, put my backup files back in place. Still works great and RAM usage is down to 2.5 GB now! So I must've screwed up something before somehow... I'll keep an eye on it but looks to be resolved! Thanks again
image.thumb.png.59d44d243ce85fba7b0cc16c8923afb8.png
UPDATE PART 2: After having it running for a few hours it's gone back to the same behavior as before. Guess it's fine? 

Edited by scd780
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, IzzleDude said:

Bind for 0.0.0.0:27015 failed: port is already allocated.

I think you got another game server running with that port allocated, the easiest thing would be to change the Query port to 27016 like this in the template:

grafik.thumb.png.989b84e86b9e3cb0abe08e8152f9db78.png

After that delete the Port entry that is named 'UDP Steam' and create a new one like this:

grafik.png.1a72a4dc7e2c4a81f2a2dbd3de9238db.png

After that you should be able to start the container, if you don't have any other conflicting ports.

(Keep in mind that you have to do it that way and that it isn't enough to simply change the Port entry named 'UDP Steam' to 27016 because game server ports don't like it if they are translated to another port and you are eventually not able to connect)

7 hours ago, scd780 said:

After having it running for a few hours it's gone back to the same behavior as before. Guess it's fine?

I think so, keep an eye on this.

Also please report back what happens over time if more things in the world are built and changed when the world size grows, I think the file size of the world is bound to the RAM usage, but as said, could be wrong about that...

hello ich777, greetings from germany to austria ;) at first thank you for your work. i use your fivem server in docker without Unraid and it work. but i have only one problem. i dont get the webconsole or txadmin to work. i forward the port 9016 to my host but i cant reach. simliar at txadmin. i set +set txAdminPort 40120 at start variable in my environments but i cant reach them also. i hope you can help me.

14 minutes ago, DoSammy said:

i dont get the webconsole or txadmin to work. i forward the port 9016 to my host but i cant reach. simliar at txadmin. i set +set txAdminPort 40120 at start variable in my environments but i cant reach them also. i hope you can help me.

Please read this post:

You have to start the container with an empty 'ConfigFile' Variable otherwise txAdmin won't load, also you don't have to fill in +set txAdminPort 40120 you only have to add the Port like in the linked post above.

i'm so sorry. what a disgrace... i don't have search this thread thoroughly. but it doesnt work. i pulled the newest image, delete all data without ressources folder and server.cfg and start the container without GAME_CONFIG variable. txadmin was not reachable. but i got an other solution. i build my own image in base of your dockerfile. only thing i changed was to remove the values on START_VARS und GAME_CONFIG so they are empty on startup. now i can access txadmin and my server is running fine :)

43 minutes ago, DoSammy said:

only thing i changed was to remove the values on START_VARS und GAME_CONFIG so they are empty on startup.

But why?

Wouldn't it be better you try to run it through this container otherwise I will give no support... :/

Also, when you remove the environment variables START_VARS and GAME_CONFIG this is pretty much the same as you leave it empty in Unraid in the Docker template. :D

I tried it now on my server and it works just fine (attached a few screenshots and also the log):fivem.log

grafik.thumb.png.dc9e1d9b56e531e76cf359344d3c0eaa.png

grafik.thumb.png.d86c50996ab14bb955bd5dfa0762e853.png

grafik.thumb.png.7f0fd97e0a477e3cf0e5b101baa688a8.png

You have to create this port mapping in the template:

grafik.png.8bd59b449717af275355894dc6ef9123.png

9 minutes ago, DoSammy said:

tried to leave GAME_CONFIG and START_VARS empty in your image. after container start the values are filled with "template", so i got the message that config file "template" was not found.

Are you using Unraid?

You have to create the Variables and leave them empty otherwise they are filled with template.

4 minutes ago, DoSammy said:

i tried this also but after every container restart the values are reappear

This seems like a limitation from Portainer. :P :D

I've updated the container so that these values are now empty by default.

Please pull it again from Docker Hub it should now work.

• Like 1