[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 hour ago, Gee1 said:

Valheim Server update? client version 150 and server still has 148

Have you enabled the autoupdate within the container?

If not please restart the container then it should update (my containers update the game on every start/restart of the container through SteamCMD), mine, with the auto update enabled, did the update about 8 hours ago.

Here is the part from the log where it updated:

UPDATE CHECK: ---New version of Valheim found, restarting and updating server in 10 seconds---
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
Update state (0x1) running, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 98.05 (795715936 / 811503124)
Success! App '896660' fully installed.

And here a screenshot:

grafik.thumb.png.36ccd02a6eaa98bb342253c095461b9a.png

Success! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---BepInEx for Valheim enabled!---
---BepInEx for Valheim Version Check---

---https://valheim.thunderstore.io/package/denikson/BepInExPack_Valheim/---

---BepInEx v5.4.901 up-to-date---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
---with BepInEx for Valheim---

---https://valheim.thunderstore.io/package/denikson/BepInExPack_Valheim/---

---Update Check for Valheim enabled, running automatically every 60 minutes.---

everything seems ok.. bit its still 148

update: now it has updated via autoupdate...

Edited by Gee1

Hey. I tried searching through the forum but no real information. How do I enable console on Valheim docker?

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/892970/view/5411613798265437192

There's a new patch:

For existing areas where heavy terrain modifications have been made before this patch we have added a special console command “optterrain” that basically converts all the old terrain modifications in the nearby area to the new system. To use the “optterrain” console command, you first need to enable the ingame console by adding “-console” as a launch argument for the game.

I've tried adding -console to "GAME_PARAMS:" in the container but it doesn't seem to work.

Is there any method to get into the Valheim Server console through the container?

Thank you!

On 4/18/2021 at 3:07 PM, ich777 said:

Then something is wrong with your configuration since bot use port 27015 and you can't run them at the same time or have you assigned static IP's to the containers?

Thank you for confirming that it is working. Back to the drawing board for me.

I only ran the TF Classic one to confirm that nothing has changed in my router/firewall configuration.

On 4/15/2021 at 12:03 PM, ich777 said:

I think the premium version doesn't work with my container, I asked the developers once if I can integrate it but they said not and the users should build their own Docker with their provided Dockerfile.

No this isn't possible.

Hey man just wanted to let you know I got the premium version working with the container you created.  Awesome work as always.

8 hours ago, Gee1 said:

update: now it has updated via autoupdate...

Please don't put in Steam credentials if the aren't marked with a red asterisk (*) in the template.

7 hours ago, Iczznow said:

I've tried adding -console to "GAME_PARAMS:" in the container but it doesn't seem to work.

You have to enable the console on your game client in Steam and issue the command from the in game console, when you are connected to the server, here is how you do that: Click

You have to be also admin on the server, here you can find how you give a user admin rights: Click

5 hours ago, Nesquik said:

Thank you for confirming that it is working. Back to the drawing board for me.

Can you share a screenshot from you Docker template, something must be wrong there, have you changed any ports or something else?

4 hours ago, mikeyvt said:

Hey man just wanted to let you know I got the premium version working with the container you created.  Awesome work as always.

Glad to hear that it works now! :)

You have to enable the console on your game client in Steam and issue the command from the in game console...

Oh man. I feel like an idiot. Thank you very much! I didn't realize I could do it client-side and thought it had to be done via server side. 

Thank you for creating the Valheim Docker container by the way! 

By the way, I think it was mentioned in this topic earlier but you mentioned that there's no easy way to get access to the server console. Is that right?

Thank you once again!

8 hours ago, Iczznow said:

By the way, I think it was mentioned in this topic earlier but you mentioned that there's no easy way to get access to the server console. Is that right?

Exactly since I don't run it with screen to avoid further problems with Valheim.

Is it necessary to be on the command line?

I thought you could do everything also from the in game command line.

6 hours ago, Aireezz said:

I can't seem to get it to update. Restart, force download, nothing. How can I manually update via steamcmd?

Are you sure that the container has exclusive access to the internet without Pihole or any blocking software in front of it.

I think ther emust be something in your network that prevents it from updating.

Also have you put in your Stream credentials in the template, if so please remove it, the credentials are only needed if the are marked as required in the template with the red asterisk (*).

I don't want to spread the command here because it would make no difference since the container does also issue this command on every start/restart of the container.

2 hours ago, mikeyvt said:

I'm still able to use the container just fine but this always seems to be in the logs after start up of the container:

Please ignore the errors, Assetto Corsa Server Manager can't get/set certain system variables becaus the Server Manager is running in a container without privileged rights but the variables are set to the right value.

EDIT: Also please note this is a message from the Assetto Corsa Server Manager and not from the game.

20 hours ago, ich777 said:

Are you sure that the container has exclusive access to the internet without Pihole or any blocking software in front of it.

I think ther emust be something in your network that prevents it from updating.

Also have you put in your Stream credentials in the template, if so please remove it, the credentials are only needed if the are marked as required in the template with the red asterisk (*).

I don't want to spread the command here because it would make no difference since the container does also issue this command on every start/restart of the container.

Yes, I'm sure no blocking. Haven't put my Steam credentials in the template either.

I tried moving the steamcmd directory and it downloaded me to the same version 0.9.2.4 beta release-156 but the my client is 0.9.3.1

Edited by Aireezz
added more info
4 hours ago, Aireezz said:

I tried moving the steamcmd directory and it downloaded me to the same version 0.9.2.4 beta release-156 but the my client is 0.9.3.1

Are you sure that nothing is blocking SteamCMD or have you installed any cachig software for Steam? I tested this now on my server and it downloads the version: [Eco Server 0.9.3.1 beta release-204]

(keep in mind that this is a complete fresh install)

Here is the log: Eco.log

4 hours ago, Aireezz said:

Also, could we get a satisfactory server app?

From what I know the developers dosn't released the dedicated server and there is only one version available for Windows that doesn't work very well (someone got it running partialy but that is a workaround from what I know).

16 hours ago, ich777 said:

Are you sure that nothing is blocking SteamCMD or have you installed any cachig software for Steam? I tested this now on my server and it downloads the version: [Eco Server 0.9.3.1 beta release-204]

(keep in mind that this is a complete fresh install)

Well when I got home tonight I tried again and it worked. Not sure what was up, but apologize for throwing a flag for nothing.

Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

Hey! First of all, thank you so much ich777 for your work, I've used several of your server dockers!
Wondering if anyone has any info about Valheim ram usage. When starting up it'll go to 2.7gb and after 20 minutes of idling it's at 3.7gb, 40 minutes and it's at 4.4gb. A day or two later it caps out at 5gb+. Feels a bit high and I'm only running 8gb of ram so it's using a rather large amount. It kinda feels like it'll just keep eating up ram until it's full. Any way to limit the amount of ram it uses? Or is it some bug that's fixable?

Thanks!

Edit: On closer inspection with logs it seems that after this;

04/23/2021 16:30:59: clone 2260
(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)
04/23/2021 16:30:59: Connections 0 ZDOS:1666208 sent:0 recv:0
Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 1117025.
Total: 1770.949244 ms (FindLiveObjects: 42.012574 ms CreateObjectMapping: 16.494820 ms MarkObjects: 1711.873174 ms DeleteObjects: 0.568065 ms)

04/23/2021 16:31:04: Saved 1666208 zdos
04/23/2021 16:31:05: World saved ( 6035.391ms )
04/23/2021 16:41:00: Connections 0 ZDOS:1666208 sent:0 recv:0
Total: 1319.277147 ms (FindLiveObjects: 41.475165 ms CreateObjectMapping: 16.437814 ms MarkObjects: 1260.766428 ms DeleteObjects: 0.597315 ms)

Ram usage goes up by 1gb and after the docker does the same thing:

04/23/2021 16:51:03: clone 2204
04/23/2021 16:51:03: Connections 0 ZDOS:1666208 sent:0 recv:0
Total: 1772.621280 ms (FindLiveObjects: 41.852981 ms CreateObjectMapping: 16.532624 ms MarkObjects: 1713.670394 ms DeleteObjects: 0.564753 ms)

04/23/2021 16:51:09: Saved 1666208 zdos
04/23/2021 16:51:09: World saved ( 5785.603ms )
04/23/2021 17:01:04: Connections 0 ZDOS:1666208 sent:0 recv:0
Total: 1304.890472 ms (FindLiveObjects: 42.739043 ms CreateObjectMapping: 16.865194 ms MarkObjects: 1244.731492 ms DeleteObjects: 0.554241 ms)

Ram usage is up another 0.7gb.
I'm guessing it does this until it's used up all available ram on the server. Shortly after it dropped down to 3.8gb usage but then up to 4.7gb after another same type of event.

Edited by Kirkerino
3 hours ago, Kirkerino said:

When starting up it'll go to 2.7gb and after 20 minutes of idling it's at 3.7gb, 40 minutes and it's at 4.4gb. A day or two later it caps out at 5gb+.

Something like this was reported also a few pages back by another user here. I really can't tell what's the problem or issue here since this is game dependent, my container says at around 2.6 to 3GB but never went any higher.

Also I don't know what size your world file is, mine is about 100MB now, also how many players on there and many other things.

I think it would be better to post this issue on the Valheim Discord/Forums/Steam Community Hub because this is game related and there is nothing I can do about this behaviour in my container.

One thing that can also be the case is that something in your save game is causing this...

Keep in mind this game is in pretty early alpha and such bugs/issues are very likely to happen, but as said above try to reach out to the devs from the game, they should be able to help. ;)

18 minutes ago, Kirball said:

With the FiveM server is there a way to have it automatically start up TxAdmin when the container is started.  I'm having to stop the container then run the run.sh to have the RP parts of my server running.

To start FiveM with TxAdmin only simply leave the variable 'ConfigFile' empty:

grafik.thumb.png.54c4dd9a7a9895771cbf0213aae73f12.png

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

To start FiveM with TxAdmin only simply leave the variable 'ConfigFile' empty:

grafik.thumb.png.54c4dd9a7a9895771cbf0213aae73f12.png

Ok just did that the problem I'm having now is everytime i restart the server the txadmin is brand new and makes me run a recipe . . . not sure why nothing is saving.  I'm setting it up again in txadmin and maybe it wasn't getting saved since I had the container stopped.  Hopefully it will start saving now.

Edited by Kirball
37 minutes ago, Kirball said:

I'm setting it up again in txadmin and maybe it wasn't getting saved since I had the container stopped. 

Eventually because you run it manually, this should not happen since TxAdmin should save into the home directory if I'm not mistaken or am I wrong?

Just now, ich777 said:

Eventually because you run it manually, this should not happen since TxAdmin should save into the home directory if I'm not mistaken or am I wrong?

It doesn't seem to be saving anything if I restart my server I have to run the recipe all over again and everything is gone.

1 minute ago, Kirball said:

It doesn't seem to be saving anything if I restart my server I have to run the recipe all over again and everything is gone.C

Sorry I usually don't give support on mod servers since I'm really not familiar with modding the server (except for CounterStrike:Source and GO).

If you find out what it doesn't save or why it's not saving, please feel free to contact me again.

One thing that is a little strange to me because I have two users that use the FiveM Container with TxAdmin and they have never reported that something isn't working or saving.