[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

You can try to create a world on your local computer, select Journey mode and copy over the created world to the server (btw make sure that it's named "world").

Hope that makes sense to you... :)

Sadly it didn't work 😪

Still same Error msg. after Container restart

'Only Non-Journey characters may enter a Non-Journey server.'

I guess it won't work then - right?

terr.png

54 minutes ago, luhzifer said:

guess it won't work then - right?

Looking at this it says that you have to change the difficulty to 3 in the server.cfg then it is set to Journey mode (of course stop the container first before you change the value), but I actually don't know if it works with the world that I've ship with the server but at least you can try it or create the Journey world on your local computer and copy it over.

EDIT: I've tried it now and what you have to do is create a new World on your local computer with the name "world" and copy that over from ".../Documents/My Games/Terraria/Worlds/world.wld" to your server in the Worlds folder and replace the existing one and set the difficulty in the "serverconfig.txt" from "0" to "3", after that start the container again and connect with your journey character... :)

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Looking at this it says that you have to change the difficulty to 3 in the server.cfg then it is set to Journey mode (of course stop the container first before you change the value), but I actually don't know if it works with the world that I've ship with the server but at least you can try it or create the Journey world on your local computer and copy it over.

is it the 'serverconfig.txt'? Don't see config.cfg

Tried to change it there with no luck...

5 minutes ago, luhzifer said:

is it the 'serverconfig.txt'? Don't see config.cfg

Please read the last post again.

Yes it is the serverconfig.txt and also you have to create a Journey world on your local computer and replace it on the server, otherwise it won't work, can just connect fine on my server.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please read the last post again.

Yes it is the serverconfig.txt and also you have to create a Journey world on your local computer and replace it on the server, otherwise it won't work, can just connect fine on my server.

Hmm.. I did that.. but I try again tomorrow. Thx so far for your time!

terr.png

Edited by luhzifer
10 minutes ago, luhzifer said:

Hmm.. I did that.. but I try again tomorrow. Thx so far for your time!

Remove the bak file.

Also have you stopped the container in the first place before doing this?

You can also edit the file and replace the world over SMB... ;)

Are you also made sure that you've created a Journey world?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Remove the bak file.

Also have you stopped the container in the first place before doing this?

You can also edit the file and replace the world over SMB... ;)

Are you also made sure that you've created a Journey world?

Ok, so after removing the .bak file, it worked :D ty very much

• Like 1
On 5/19/2021 at 8:24 PM, ich777 said:

WINE = Wine Is Not a Emulator... ;)

WINE will always use the maximum amount of memory available.

This sounds more like a bug in a Mod itself like @Nanobug already mentioned and not in the Container or WINE.

What you actually can do is to remove all the mods and let the server run and see if it also crashes.

As a workaround I would recommend that you restart the Container once or twice a day if that's possible through a User Script on a schedule, something like this should do the job:

#!/bin/bash
docker restart NAMEOFYOUCONANEXILESDOCKER

I guess Wine is just not compatible when the game gets more ressource hungry, because i added 2 big mods and the game wont even start.

my solution now is that i created a windows VM, copied the files and the same server just works fine.

19 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

I guess Wine is just not compatible when the game gets more ressource hungry, because i added 2 big mods and the game wont even start.

my solution now is that i created a windows VM, copied the files and the same server just works fine.

Yes, WINE is sadly enough not perfect. :/

• Like 1
On 5/21/2021 at 11:00 PM, ich777 said:

It looks like that the container is fully started and waiting for connections, how did you try to connect (IP - internal or external) and with which port?

Tried direct connection through launcher both IP and server name. Fixed it by doing a fresh install. new problem was BattleEye would not start. solved that by disabling it in server.cfg file.

• Like 1

How do I add command line options to the executable the docker is launching?  I thought it was the Post Arguments field but it doesn't seem to be working. 

I'm using the Insurgency Sandstorm docker and trying to add the tokens that allow stats.

I have post arguments as:   -GSLTToken=XXX -GameStatsToken=xxx -GameStats -ruleset=OfficialRules

The docker command is: 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='InsurgencySandstorm' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'GAME_ID'='581330' -e 'SERVER_NAME'='DanithServer' -e 'GAME_PARAMS'='Oilfield?Scenario=Scenario_Refinery_Checkpoint_Insurgents?MaxPlayers=8' -e 'USERNAME'='' -e 'VALIDATE'='' -e 'PASSWRD'='' -e 'GAME_PORT'='27102' -e 'QUERY_PORT'='27131' -e 'UID'='99' -e 'GID'='100' -p '27102:27102/udp' -p '27131:27131/udp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd':'/serverdata/steamcmd':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/insurgencysandstorm':'/serverdata/serverfiles':'rw' --restart=unless-stopped 'ich777/steamcmd:insurgencysandstorm' -GSLTToken=XXX -GameStatsToken=XXX -GameStats -ruleset=OfficialRules
31ee23b0a1903d3f3a81b8b73459ffb34785cbb2342344f21f4255478bb7f5cd

When it launches, the log has the error:  LogGameStatsServer: Display: GameStatsServer INIT: No authentication provided, -GameStatsToken= required for statistics collection, and I've tried moving the flags around with no change.

Whats the proper way of making it launch with extra command line options?

2 hours ago, danith said:

Whats the proper way of making it launch with extra command line options?

Simply drop them in the Game Parameters at the end like this (but make sure you put them on the end and also make a space in front of them):

grafik.thumb.png.25f0de60f26b18555d4a66388a2ef984.png

@ich777Its not really a game server, but I'm not sure if there's a better thread to request it. Can you make a docker container for opensourcepos? Their github repo. I'm looking into using it for my family's small business, but I'm not familiar with using docker to install it. It would also be a little more convenient to have a container for it so my parents who know little about computers can easily start/troubleshoot it. Thanks in advance!

14 minutes ago, Minimushroomman said:

@ich777Its not really a game server, but I'm not sure if there's a better thread to request it. Can you make a docker container for opensourcepos? Their github repo. I'm looking into using it for my family's small business, but I'm not familiar with using docker to install it. It would also be a little more convenient to have a container for it so my parents who know little about computers can easily start/troubleshoot it. Thanks in advance!

There is actually a Docker request thread open here on the forums:

I think it would be best to post their since I don't know anything about this software...

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

There is actually a Docker request thread open here on the forums:

I think it would be best to post their since I don't know anything about this software...

Ok, thanks! I'll see if it happens. On a bit of a time limit, the current POS we use is no longer supported, so I'm trying to see if i can save my parents some money on a new POS. It sucks because we paid a pretty penny for the software just two years ago and now their payment processing isn't being updated.

Can anyone tell me where I copy an existing world to use on the Valheim docker container? I have it all set up and working, but can't seem to find where I put my "worlds" folder content from my Windows PC. Thanks!

EDIT: Please disregard... I found it.. To help others it is here: /mnt/cache/appdata/valheim/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds

Edited by Groto
  • Like 1
42 minutes ago, Groto said:

Can anyone tell me where I copy an existing world to use on the Valheim docker container? I have it all set up and working, but can't seem to find where I put my "worlds" folder content from my Windows PC. Thanks!

EDIT: Please disregard... I found it.. To help others it is here: /mnt/cache/appdata/valheim/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds

Please read the second recommend post on the top of this thread, even if you found it already, there are a lot of useful information in there. :)

Can't thank @luckyy enough for his write up. :)

Hi, a mate and I are trying to get the Conan Exiles dedicated server docker to work but we can't seem to find any kind of config file to edit to give the server a specific name or password for example?

Also, there used to be a button you could click on to see whether the initial download in the background had finished or not but for the life of me I can't see it anymore - any pointers??

Ta

25 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

find any kind of config file to edit to give the server a specific name or password for example?

Where did you look for the config file?

Here is a guide but please be aware that your path has to be somewhere to be in your appdata directory in the folder for ConanExiles: Click

25 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

Also, there used to be a button you could click on to see whether the initial download in the background had finished or not but for the life of me I can't see it anymore - any pointers??

Click on the icon for the container and select "Log".

• Like 1

Hi @ich777 - hope i'm putting a request in the right place.... i couldn't see anywhere else to put one!  Any chance of a game server for Unfortunate Spacemen? https://store.steampowered.com/app/408900/Unfortunate_Spacemen/

Its free on steam, and i found the following info that i think might help?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2128687084

Apologies if i've asked in the wrong place!

I recently set up a 7dtd unraid server and it works, you can join and leave any time you want. But, initially, when everyone left and came back, you would occasionally lose things that you crafted or repairs you've made to your house. After some trial and error to see if it was a mod that we used (it wasn't) we found that the whole game file would get screwed up and wouldn't let us load in at all. Even worse, a lot of times it would seem to just ruin everything in the docker somehow and I would have to uninstall and reinstall it just to get the same results. 

Would anyone be able to help me set up this server so that I can just leave it running 99% of the time?