[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers


3776 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, nmills3 said:

How do I access the console of a running server?

That's dependent on the game, in the case for Garrys mod you have to connect to the game and then open the in game console and make yourself admin with this commands through RCON:

rcon_password <password>
ulx adduser <username> superadmin

 

Or you create the file or at least edit 'garrysmod/settings/users.txt/' and insert it like this:

"superadmin"
{
    "<username>"          "STEAM_0:1:9999"
}

You can get your Steam ID from this site if you don't know it: SteamID

 

After doing this restart the container and you should be admin.

I would recommend the RCON way, here is also how to set the RCON password: Click

 

To enable the console in the game itself you have to right click on the game in Steam and add '-console' to the start parameters.

Here are the basics on how to do this: Click

Link to post
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary: Support Thread for ich777 Gameserver Dockers (CounterStrike: Source & ConterStrike: GO, TeamFortress 2, ArmA III,... - complete list in the second post) Application: SteamCMD Do

Just thought I'd share my experience setting up a Valheim server with this docker app from @ich777(thank you!)   You don't need to worry about Steam authentication for Valheim, the default a

Dockers Available so far:   SteamCMD DedicatedServers: CounterStrike: Source CounterStrike: Global Offensive TeamFortress 2 ArmA3 - requested by @MrSage D

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

That's dependent on the game, in the case for Garrys mod you have to connect to the game and then open the in game console and make yourself admin with this commands through RCON:

rcon_password <password>
ulx adduser <username> superadmin

 

Or you create the file or at least edit 'garrysmod/settings/users.txt/' and insert it like this:


"superadmin"
{
    "<username>"          "STEAM_0:1:9999"
}

You can get your Steam ID from this site if you don't know it: SteamID

 

After doing this restart the container and you should be admin.

I would recommend the RCON way, here is also how to set the RCON password: Click

 

To enable the console in the game itself you have to right click on the game in Steam and add '-console' to the start parameters.

Here are the basics on how to do this: Click

 

ah ok. I'd already given up and opped myself that way anyway but thanks. i was more just looking for if there was a way to get into the console incase I needed it in the future. I guess i'll just have to use RCON. Thanks

Link to post
31 minutes ago, nmills3 said:

 

ah ok. I'd already given up and opped myself that way anyway but thanks. i was more just looking for if there was a way to get into the console incase I needed it in the future. I guess i'll just have to use RCON. Thanks

I've only implemented screen so that you can physicaly connect to the console to Containers where no in game console, RCON or easy way exists to make you the administrator.

Link to post

Hey, has anyone figured out how to change the world in the Valheim server?
I want to copy an existing map to the server.

This is what i am doing:

Stop the container

Replace the files in \appdata\valheim\.config\unity3d\IronGate\Valheim\worlds

Enter "-world *world name*" in GAME_PARAMS And change the World Name of the docker template

Start the container

The server starts as expected but sill on the old world

Link to post
55 minutes ago, Torbjorn said:

The server starts as expected but sill on the old world

Have you deleted the old world in the first place?

Eventually try to rename the new world into the default name from the server or you can at least try to create a new container with the corresponding world name and then replace the world.

But keep in mind if you transfering it from a client or server that is on windows this could lead to problems, had that a couple of times with other game servers.

 

I have to try it on my own if you have no success, please report back.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you deleted the old world in the first place?

Eventually try to rename the new world into the default name from the server or you can at least try to create a new container with the corresponding world name and then replace the world.

But keep in mind if you transfering it from a client or server that is on windows this could lead to problems, had that a couple of times with other game servers.

 

I have to try it on my own if you have no success, please report back.

Thanks for the reply, I did remove the old world, but I just solved it by reinstalling the docker and changed the server name to the new world name from start, then placed the files in appdata. But i assume changing the name of the file would work too.

Link to post
51 minutes ago, Nesquik said:

Thank you very much!

I hope you have seen that the Container is now on the CA App. ;)

 

58 minutes ago, luckyy said:

Just thought I'd share my experience setting up a Valheim server with this docker app from @ich777(thank you!)

Really appreciated!

Link to post
4 hours ago, matmat07 said:

After a very long time, my server worked yesterday.

About which game are we talking?

 

4 hours ago, matmat07 said:

I'm trying to import my friend's one now. I can see the server, but I think it is still loading something

The log would be helpful.

Link to post

for Valheim, looking at the log, it seems to end at this point and goes no further:

 

---Server ready---
---Start Server---
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 3 milliseconds to initialize
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 57): SteamGameServer012 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 57): SteamUtils009 / Utils
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 57): SteamGameServer012 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 57): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 57): SteamNetworking005 / Networking
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 57): SteamGameServerStats001 / GameServerStats
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 57): STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION002 / HTTP
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 57): STEAMINVENTORY_INTERFACE_V002 / Inventory
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 57): STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION010 / UGC
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 57): STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 / Apps

 

It shows up weird on steam server list (no game and can not connect to it). Am I doing something wrong or is the docker not completely initializing on my side? Again, Valheim specific. All of my other steamcmd dockers from you works fine. 

Link to post
3 minutes ago, darkslyde said:

for Valheim, looking at the log, it seems to end at this point and goes no further

This is a perfectly fine startup of the container.

 

4 minutes ago, darkslyde said:

It shows up weird on steam server list (no game and can not connect to it).

But it shows up?

 

5 minutes ago, darkslyde said:

Am I doing something wrong or is the docker not completely initializing on my side?

I don't think that you are doing anything worng, the game seems to take long to update the in game server list about 15minutes.

 

Eventually this post can help:

 

Link to post

thanks ich777, ill keep it running overnight and wait to see if shows up on the valheim server lists. when i see it on the steam server list, it shows no game and 0/64 players. i'll play around with it a bit more and see. I'm stuck using my ISP router so i dont know if the port forward has resolved (my ubiquiti stuff is on loan atm). Hopefully everything works out. Thanks again for everything.

Link to post
13 minutes ago, darkslyde said:

it shows no game and 0/64 players.

Can you send over a screenshot?

 

Also have you changed anything in the template (eventually send over also a screenshot).

Please note that the server password has to be at least 5 characters long.

 

EDIT: Please make sure that the UDP ports are forwarded.

Link to post

image.png.504b0ec58eff7f29effe12440d83b955.png

 

EDIT: Seems like i can now connect to it but only if I quickly connect through steam server window (when i hit refresh, it will show it for a few seconds then disappear from the list of favorites) might still be treating it as LAN connection vs a steam dedicated server that can be accessed by my friends over WAN.

Edited by darkslyde
added info
Link to post
10 minutes ago, darkslyde said:

Seems like i can now connect to it but only if I quickly connect through steam server window (when i hit refresh, it will show it for a few seconds then disappear from the list of favorites)

This is just a normal behaviour for the server browser and certain games...

You have to hit refresh and click on it very quickly then you can connect (but that is not always the case).

 

12 minutes ago, darkslyde said:

steam dedicated server that can be accessed by my friends over WAN.

Your friends can also connect through the steam server browser with: YOURPUBLICIP:SERVERPORT+1 (if you have forwarded the ports correctly).

 

I never tested how long that it takes so that the server shows up in game but I think 15 minutes like @luckyy mentioned in his post is realistic.

Link to post

Hi! seems like Valheim had an update for it and you can no longer connect to servers if they haven't updated. I've tried to "update" the docker and restarted but it's still on the old version. How do we update the server?

Link to post
37 minutes ago, ohdear94 said:

Hi! seems like Valheim had an update for it and you can no longer connect to servers if they haven't updated. I've tried to "update" the docker and restarted but it's still on the old version. How do we update the server?

Have you read the description of the container:

Quote

Update Notice: Simply restart the container if a newer version of the game is available.

 

Updates of my containers are very rare since they do everything on startup.

If the container doesn't update it is very likely that the developers haven't updated the dedicated server version.

You can also set the Variable 'Validate Installation' to 'true' and the container will start a validation of the files with the files that are available online so that it will pull the latest available files.

 

You can always check here when the last update of Valheim Dedicated Server was pushed (seems like about 2 hours ago).

Eventually something is wrong with the Dedicated Server files on Steam.

 

EDIT: I've now tried it from scratch and set up a server and it just works fine, the update also should just work fine...

Also what does the log say?

I don't know if the server is already in the server list but you should find it under: "Unraid-ich777 defaultPW" and you can try to connect to it with the default password "Docker".

Link to post

Hello All.  I got a Valheim server up and runnign pretty easily (for how I usually mess things up) but had a question:

 

It says on the docker you can run mulitple Valheim servers.... 

 

A) How do I create an additional server on my Unraid docker.

B) Will I have to create seperate ports for each server and forward or is that not an issue.

 

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to post
17 minutes ago, zmanfarlee said:

How do I create an additional server on my Unraid docker.

Go to the CA App and redownload the template from there (if the button isn't there on the CA App to redownload it scroll down and on the left side you will see 'Settings', click on it, then set 'Enable Reinstall Default' to 'Yes' and click 'Apply' - after that you should be able to redownload it).

 

When you redownloaded the template from the CA App be sure to give it a different name than your other container(s) like 'Valheim2' also change the 'ServerFiles' path to something else like '/mnt/cache/appdata/valheim2' and change also the Servername and password. :)

 

24 minutes ago, zmanfarlee said:

Will I have to create seperate ports for each server and forward or is that not an issue.

Yes you also have to change the ports, to do that, delete the entry 'UDP - Game Port Range' entirely, then click on 'Show more settings ...' and change the 'GAME_PORT' to something different (keep in mind that if you set it for example to 2469 the next two port are also reserved to that game server that means 2469-2471 are now reserverd for that container) and at last create a new port entry like for in this example for the ports 2469-2471 UDP to do that click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device' select 'Port' from the drop down and both at container and host port '2469-2471' and select 'UDP' at 'Connection Type', click on 'Add' and 'Apply' and the container should start up.

 

Now the last thing you have to do is open the corresponding UDP ports in your Router/Firewall, like in this example: 2469-2471 UDP.

 

Hope that helps.

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, ohdear94 said:

Hi! seems like Valheim had an update for it and you can no longer connect to servers if they haven't updated. I've tried to "update" the docker and restarted but it's still on the old version. How do we update the server?

 

Restarting the Docker worked for updating my server, it came back up with the latest version.   Maybe make sure you've stopped the Docker entirely, and then start it?   It should just auto-update.

 

3 hours ago, darkslyde said:

gonna go sleep then hope it shows up on the list tomorrow. thanks, mate! keep up the amazing work!

 

I would say if it's not showing up within a half hour, I'd look to make sure you have the correct ports forwarded on your firewall (and are forwarded correctly).  And also make sure your docker "server name" field is correct, that is going to be the name it shows up as in the public server list.  By default if you didn't change it on deploying the docker, it's called "Valheim Docker".

Link to post
13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Go to the CA App and redownload the template from there (if the button isn't there on the CA App to redownload it scroll down and on the left side you will see 'Settings', click on it, then set 'Enable Reinstall Default' to 'Yes' and click 'Apply' - after that you should be able to redownload it).

 

When you redownloaded the template from the CA App be sure to give it a different name than your other container(s) like 'Valheim2' also change the 'ServerFiles' path to something else like '/mnt/cache/appdata/valheim2' and change also the Servername and password. :)

 

Yes you also have to change the ports, to do that, delete the entry 'UDP - Game Port Range' entirely, then click on 'Show more settings ...' and change the 'GAME_PORT' to something different (keep in mind that if you set it for example to 2469 the next two port are also reserved to that game server that means 2469-2471 are now reserverd for that container) and at last create a new port entry like for in this example for the ports 2469-2471 UDP to do that click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device' select 'Port' from the drop down and both at container and host port '2469-2471' and select 'UDP' at 'Connection Type', click on 'Add' and 'Apply' and the container should start up.

 

Now the last thing you have to do is open the corresponding UDP ports in your Router/Firewall, like in this example: 2469-2471 UDP.

 

Hope that helps.

 

Dude.... you answered the question perfectly in a half hour..... what did I do to deserve this???

 

Thank you!

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.