[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

19 hours ago, Senect said:

Hi @ich777, I was trying to setup Valheim Plus on my Unraid Server, I have 2 problems atm:
1. Me and my friends can't access the server using my IP Adress (the port are open on my modem settings), but I can access it via local Unraid address 192.168.1.10
1818280254_modemports.PNG.fadb1925789682cd02b1db921850e0c2.PNG
1345864745_steamservers.thumb.PNG.4cb9fcb037209b456fd16506bcd863b6.PNG
logs.PNG.7ff069e27aee1958fca71f7d1cd5e7f4.PNG
2. Valheim Plus settings doesn't works, I installed it on the client, enable on docker config, changed the settings inside BepInEx\config\valheim_plus.cfg but they don't apply to the game, I tried restarting both client, server and array, but nothing ingame there's the valheim compendium regarding Valheim Plus but the actual settings (for example carry capacity didn't change)
1884480878_settingsvalheimplus.PNG.f1c124c2a6bbc74e7b52377e0c5d98a2.PNG
client.PNG.df163366f6c09bafc36908b475f6b816.PNG
1132216797_ingamecarry.PNG.c52cbae6d4ddbd1896988822cd3289bc.PNG
compendium.thumb.PNG.6ed2cb352785573e0dbc15f360f9d6a1.PNG

If you know how can I fix theese problems please let me know, and thanks for the work you've done so far to release the server for Valheim this early!

Have you changed config file on the server and on the client? It must be the same in both files for it to work. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, bobfromacc0unting said:

ive got a feeling that is what is doing it unfortunately. How do i make just the valheim directory in appdata stay on the cache drive only?

@bobfromacc0unting

You can do the following things in order:

1) In Unraid UI -> Shares -> appdata: make sure "use cache" is set to "prefer"

2) In Unraid UI -> Main -> Array Operation: manually invoke the Mover process and wait for the mover to complete

3) In Unraid UI -> Shares: on "View" column click the folder icon for "appdata" and confirm all appdata contents are only on the cache. "Location" should say "cache" for all entries!!!

The purpose of step 1 should be to force any new data for the specified share to be written to the cache disk by default, and moved by the mover to the cache disk if for some reason data was written to the array.  You can optionally perform the next step (as I do) to explicitly force your Docker host to use the cache disk when creating appdata paths:

Note: be careful with step 5 as it could adversely impact existing docker containers if they are not on the cache (steps 1-3 above).

4) Stop the Array

5) In Unraid UI -> Settings -> Docker: specify "Default appdata storage location" as "/mnt/cache/appdata"

6) Start the Array

Edited by napalmyourmom
  • Thanks 1

Valheim doesn't seem to be updating to the latest version that just came out this morning and nobody can connect (was fine before the client update)

I have stopped and started the server to download the update but it just keeps saying it's up to date and continues with starting it up.

I solved the problem by copying the server database and fwl files from /mnt/user/appdata/valheim/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds to my windows game client and loading and saving it and then returning it back to the docker appdata.

nvm don't require Valheim plus if users aren't aware that everyone needs the mod installed.

Edited by ikkuranus
solved
6 minutes ago, ikkuranus said:

Valheim doesn't seem to be updating to the latest version that just came out this morning and nobody can connect (was fine before the client update)

I have stopped and started the server to download the update but it just keeps saying it's up to date and continues with starting it up.

Please try to set the variable Validate to 'true' and try again.

Also are you sure that the world doesn't get corrupted?

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

You know that you are also have Backups in the Backup folder of Valheim?

I implemented the backup function to do something against the worldbreaker bug.

I was aware of the backups and where they are stored but I didn't know if it was a worldbreaker bug or if those saves would have the same issue as the current one.

Just a note on the Valheim container.  I've been using it since February 5th and have yet to have an issue save for getting the server to update on the 9th, that was a steam issue not a container issue.  I am currently running 3 instances of the container, running the 62 minute backups and having 0 issues.

1. It works

2. Make sure your ports are forwarded correctly.

3. Check your GAME_PORT if you are having problems connecting via IP

4. It is not a container problem that your server is not showing up in the in game server browser, that's a Valheim issue.  Some times it takes 5 minutes or so to show up.  You can click join game, community and use the filter to find your server.  The server browser is limited to approximately 5000 servers, the game has sold 4 million copies, do the math.
5.  Search this thread for previous Valheim issues, more than likely its happened and been solved.  Poor @ich777 has around 40 containers he's supporting.

6.  Valheim is in an alpha state, which mean, it will break, there will be glitches, devs will get to them when they deem they need too.  The game is 23 days old.

Thank you for coming to my Spectral talk.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ikkuranus said:

Lol, It turns out it wasn't the save at all. It was the VH+ config which I didn't fully read over. Apparently you need to have that mod on all the clients as well and I was enforcing it to reject clients without it.

Yeah, the VH+ dev stated that it needs to be the same config both server and client side, glad you figured it out!

• Thanks 1

Figured it out: 

If you started a game on your PC like I did, then wanted to move into this docker container without losing progress, it's simple. 

Create the container and make sure the World Name is the same as your original world (THIS IS IMPORTANT)

Server name, password, etc doesn't matter.  That world name has to match, though. 

Stop the container

Then, copy the files from C:\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\IronGate\Valheim\worlds to /mnt/user/appdata/valheim/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds

Start the container and you SHOULD be able to connect and be exactly where you logged out with all inventory items, gear, and buildings right where you left them.

____

For Valheim, I was playing with one friend where I just had the server running using the in-game process.  We have a couple more people joining us over the weekend, and possibly more soon after so I want to move our current progress to the docker container.  Is there a way to do this? 

I want to keep the same map seed, our gathered resources, tools, armor, and buildings.

Edited by dlchamp
Figured out the solution
  • Like 1

and again the server wont update. Last time the entire thing had to be deleted. I have done the variable Validate to 'true' and false no update. 

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.
Logging in user 'PyraterHOST' to Steam Public ...
Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
Loading Steam API...OK.
Logged in OK
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 14.01 (8388608 / 59862244)
Success! App '896660' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 69): SteamGameServer012 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 69): SteamUtils009 / Utils
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 69): SteamGameServer012 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 69): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 69): SteamNetworking005 / Networking
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 69): SteamGameServerStats001 / GameServerStats
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 69): STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION002 / HTTP
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 69): STEAMINVENTORY_INTERFACE_V002 / Inventory
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 69): STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION010 / UGC
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 69): STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 / Apps

Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.

usermod: no changes
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Loading Steam API...OK.
Logged in OK
---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK.
Logged in OK
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 12.26 (7340032 / 59862244)
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 2 milliseconds to initialize
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): SteamGameServer012 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): SteamGameServer012 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): SteamNetworking005 / Networking
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): SteamGameServerStats001 / GameServerStats
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION002 / HTTP
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): STEAMINVENTORY_INTERFACE_V002 / Inventory
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION010 / UGC
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 / Apps

Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.

---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Loading Steam API...OK.
Logged in OK
---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK.
Logged in OK
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 15.76 (9437184 / 59862244)
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 2 milliseconds to initialize
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): SteamGameServer012 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): SteamGameServer012 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): SteamNetworking005 / Networking
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): SteamGameServerStats001 / GameServerStats
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION002 / HTTP
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): STEAMINVENTORY_INTERFACE_V002 / Inventory
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION010 / UGC
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 61): STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 / Apps

Edited by pyrater

Updated the Valheim docker today, and I was hoping that the corrupted map bug wouldn't strike, but it did. When I logged in, the old map was gone and replaced with a new one.

Since I knew that there were backups, I checked the backup folder but the last backup was on 2/18. If I understand correctly, shouldn't the latest backups be from today?

I restored my map from one of the old backups, but if we use it then we have lost days of progress. Are we completely doomed (as in we can't get our progress back)? Thanks in advance

Could anyone point me in the right direction here. Trying to determine how I can access connection logs for the Valheim server I set up. I attempted to just open the direct console for the Valheim container but I do not know steamcmd at all.

Server starts fine, I can have quite a few people join, but I have one individual who keeps getting errors. Trying to determine if he's actually hitting the server or not.

46 minutes ago, tool666schism said:

Trying to determine how I can access connection logs for the Valheim server I set up.

There are no connection logs, what you can do is to turn on the debug logs by setting the variable DEBUG in the 'Show more...' section of the container to 'true' but keep in mind that this will completely spam your log.

This is something you should ask on Valheims Discord/Forums/Steam Community Hub as feature request so that it will not spam the log but you can actually see who connects.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, streetraider said:

Sorry for the dumb question: how do you restore from the tar.gz file?

Please read the second recommended post on the top, it's basically the same when you are copying your world over from Windows but instead you copy it from the .tar file.

1 hour ago, BaaMMM said:

I have my validate installation set to true but my server still seems to be on 146.8 instead of 146.11. Restarting the container didn't seem to help.

Please make sure that the Container has exclusive access to the internet without any blocking software like PiHole infront of it.

See also this post (he had basically the same problem but was solved by disabling every blocking software...):

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

There are no connection logs, what you can do is to turn on the debug logs by setting the variable DEBUG in the 'Show more...' section of the container to 'true' but keep in mind that this will completely spam your log.

This is something you should ask on Valheims Discord/Forums/Steam Community Hub as feature request so that it will not spam the log but you can actually see who connects.

Ah, yea I was avoiding the debug variable for the exact reason you mentioned. Thanks very much I will see if I can get a feature request going with the Valheim guys. Much appreciated.

Also, great work on this. Super easy to use/set up. Highly recommend.

• Like 1

My Valheim container has started up and I am able to reach it just fine if I connect to the local IP 192.168.x.x:2456. In my Unraid Docker setup, I see port mappings from 172.17.x.x:2456 < - > 192.168.x.x:2456. However, when I (and my friends) try to connect using the 172 IP it doesn't work. If I connect via the IP address I see when I go to whatismyip that also works. What is the reason behind the docker port not working?

1 hour ago, Beng8686 said:

I just wanted to pop in a say THANK YOU ich777 for all of your hard work. I had some issues getting it to update to 0.146.11 but got my answer reading here. Everything is working GREAT!

What ended up working for you for getting the update?  i've tried turning firewalls off, disabling pihole, everything short of rebuilding the container and so far nothing has worked.

1 hour ago, jfeeser said:

What ended up working for you for getting the update?  i've tried turning firewalls off, disabling pihole, everything short of rebuilding the container and so far nothing has worked.

Same issue here...

And is there a console command that returns the current installed game version?

Edited by BBLV