[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers


3776 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, skwisgaarz said:

Usually after i connect via steam server list and input the password the game will prompt me for the password again but now it just hovers on connecting and eventually says disconnected.

Hmmm, this is a really strange issue, are you sure that your PC already have the update?

Link to post
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary: Support Thread for ich777 Gameserver Dockers (CounterStrike: Source & ConterStrike: GO, TeamFortress 2, ArmA III,... - complete list in the second post) Application: SteamCMD Do

Just thought I'd share my experience setting up a Valheim server with this docker app from @ich777(thank you!)   You don't need to worry about Steam authentication for Valheim, the default a

Dockers Available so far:   SteamCMD DedicatedServers: CounterStrike: Source CounterStrike: Global Offensive TeamFortress 2 ArmA3 - requested by @MrSage D

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Hmmm, this is a really strange issue, are you sure that your PC already have the update?


Yep just verified the game files and it was all good. Really confused but I don't think it's anything to do with the docker.

Link to post

The last Valheim update broke the server, I tried both vanilla in a new container, and valheimplus the old server that was working untill the update, and I can't connect to both of them..
Anyone has the same issue?
I unistalled Valheim (deleting all mod files) removed the old docker container with valheimplus but can't connect to a normal fresh setup vanilla server after this update..

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Senect said:

The last Valheim update broke the server, I tried both vanilla in a new container, and valheimplus the old server that was working untill the update, and I can't connect to both of them..
Anyone has the same issue?
I unistalled Valheim (deleting all mod files) removed the old docker container with valheimplus but can't connect to a normal fresh setup vanilla server after this update..

 

Is Public Server: Set to 1? That fixed a lot of issues people have had since last update.

Link to post
6 minutes ago, Senect said:

I can't connect to both of them..

Where? Through the Steam Server Browser or in game?

Is the server running, can you give me the output of the log in a text document and drop it here?

Updated my container about an hour ago and tried to connect everything works just fine.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, skwisgaarz said:

 

Is Public Server: Set to 1? That fixed a lot of issues people have had since last update.

 

Can confirm, container template for some reason changed to 0 on Public Server.....

Link to post
5 minutes ago, skwisgaarz said:

 

Is Public Server: Set to 1? That fixed a lot of issues people have had since last update.

This actually fixed the problem, thanks a lot!

Link to post
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Where? Through the Steam Server Browser or in game?

Is the server running, can you give me the output of the log in a text document and drop it here?

Updated my container about an hour ago and tried to connect everything works just fine.

On client connect it doesn't works (it never worked) on steam server browser it works only if you enable public server apparently..

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Senect said:

This actually fixed the problem, thanks a lot!

Why has this everyone set to 0? The default in my template is 1... :D

Link to post
4 minutes ago, SolidFyre said:

Can confirm, container template for some reason changed to 0 on Public Server.....

The default setting was always 1 and not 0 ;)

Link to post
1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Why has this everyone set to 0? The default in my template is 1... :D


I wanted mine to not be public on initial set up, thought it wouldn't be an issue, wasn't until this latest update. That said I still don't know wtf is going on with my game, but at least I can help others...

Link to post
1 minute ago, skwisgaarz said:


I wanted mine to not be public on initial set up, thought it wouldn't be an issue, wasn't until this latest update. That said I still don't know wtf is going on with my game, but at least I can help others...

have you got all three ports forwarded? that was my issue, after changing the public server option. 

Link to post
3 minutes ago, skwisgaarz said:

Yea I do, checked that after I saw your comment. My friends can connect to it, it's just me that can't connect apparently. Frustrating since my server computer is metres away from my gaming PC...

Are you connecting with your local or public ip?

Link to post
1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Are you connecting with your local or public ip?

Ich you're a bloody legend. I've always connected via the wan ip without issue, but yea just tried local IP and it worked. They must have changed something else with this latest update.

I'm annoyed I didn't think to try my local IP, but i'm gonna blame that on the scotch and it being 230am here in aus.

Thank you mate!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post

Hey, I want a script to have Valheim automatically to update if there's an update available. How can I get to simply run the "app_update 896660" command regurlarly? I cannot get the commands to respond. Trying "docker exec -it Valheim app_update 896660" does not work. 

Edited by truetype
Link to post
29 minutes ago, truetype said:

Hey, I want a script to have Valheim automatically to update if there's an update available. How can I get to simply run the "app_update 896660" command regurlarly? I cannot get the commands to respond. Trying "docker exec -it Valheim app_update 896660" does not work. 

That wouldn't work because of two things:

  1. You have to restart the container to check for updates
  2. You can't update a game that is running since it replaces files

The best thing is to restart the container and it will check for updates and install them.

 

If you want a auto update you have to talk to the game developers (Discord/Forums/Steam Community Hub).

Link to post

The Valheim server I'm running have encountered a few issues. Two times now we have experienced that the game isn't saved, so when we start up again we are missing a few hours of game play. Is there something I can do about that? I also see that the backups seems to have stopped, all my backups are from the 28.02. 

Link to post

First of all ich777 thank you for all your effort on creating, maintaining and support these!

 

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to run multiple Valheim servers on the same box. I tryign to run two Valheim instances, one running Valheim and another running Valheim plus. They are both pointed the same appdata/steamcmd source. Each have their own Game Port and Game Port Range, 2456-2458 and 2466-2468.

 

The server running on the standard 2456-2458 ports works like a champ, no connection issues and shows up in the public Server browser, peachy.

The server running on 2466-2468 I can try to manual connect using the IP:PORT and I get the connecting screen for about 5 seconds before I get disconnected, never get to the server password prompt. Server appears to be listening to the correct port as I get to the connecting window. Log below

 

Any ideas on a possible cause?

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 58): SteamGameServer013 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 58): SteamUtils009 /
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 58): SteamGameServer013 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 58): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 58): SteamNetworking006 / Networking
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 58): SteamGameServerStats001 / GameServerStats
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 58): STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION003 / HTTP
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 58): STEAMINVENTORY_INTERFACE_V003 / Inventory
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 58): STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION014 / UGC
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 58): STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 / Apps
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 58): SteamNetworkingUtils003 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 58): SteamNetworkingSockets008 /

 

Link to post
50 minutes ago, blure007 said:

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to run multiple Valheim servers on the same box. I tryign to run two Valheim instances, one running Valheim and another running Valheim plus. They are both pointed the same appdata/steamcmd source. Each have their own Game Port and Game Port Range, 2456-2458 and 2466-2468.

 

The server running on the standard 2456-2458 ports works like a champ, no connection issues and shows up in the public Server browser, peachy.

The server running on 2466-2468 I can try to manual connect using the IP:PORT and I get the connecting screen for about 5 seconds before I get disconnected, never get to the server password prompt. Server appears to be listening to the correct port as I get to the connecting window. Log below

 

Any ideas on a possible cause?

 

This answer a few pages back may be the one you are looking for to solve this.

On 3/1/2021 at 11:12 AM, ich777 said:

Changing doesn't work, please read the description of the Variable itself, it tells you that if you need other ports you have to delete the entry and create a new Port with the corresponding ports UDP.

 

See it in this way, you changed the GAME_PORT variable from 2456 to 2600 so the game now runs from port 2600 to 2602 and you chanted the value in the existing port forwarding from 2456-2458 to 2600-2602 for the host but you left it at 2456-2458 for the container port, that simply can't work.

 

Can't imagine that it doesn't work with the standard settings since I created a server about 3 hours ago and I can reach it just fine from the Steam Server Browser and connect to it...

 

Please be sure to also read the second recommended post on the top of this thread.

 

I'm also figuring out how to deploy a second instance of valheim for testing purposes and haven't already tried it but definetively I'll put an eye on this.

 

@ich777 Dude, I really thanks a lot all the work made on the Unraid and docker scene. I'm sure it's not as easy as it may seems as we actually just see the final steps where filling some gaps with the needed data to deploy it, but there has to be a lot of hard work behind it.

Link to post

Two things have to happen (three really):

 

1 Delete the port mapping and create the corresponding new ones.

 

2 Tell the valheim server what ports you want it to use by providing the '-port' command line argument.

 

3 forward the correct ports of course.

Link to post
1 hour ago, WellThen said:

Two times now we have experienced that the game isn't saved, so when we start up again we are missing a few hours of game play. Is there something I can do about that?

Actualy no, because this is related to the game and not the container but read the next answer.

 

1 hour ago, WellThen said:

I also see that the backups seems to have stopped, all my backups are from the 28.02. 

Do you move the folder where the valheim directory is off of the Cache drive onto the array?

If this is the case then this is the answer to both questions.

 

Please check if your share that holds the valheim folder is set to Use Cache 'Only' or 'Prefered'.

Link to post
11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Actualy no, because this is related to the game and not the container but read the next answer.

 

Do you move the folder where the valheim directory is off of the Cache drive onto the array?

If this is the case then this is the answer to both questions.

 

Please check if your share that holds the valheim folder is set to Use Cache 'Only' or 'Prefered'.

 

I figured as much, I guess that is to be expected since the game is still Early Access. 

 

My Appdata is on Prefer Cache and should have plenty of space.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.