[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers


Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, MaggifiXXL said:

OK thanks a lot. But now is the question which files and where to find. :P

Search for dedicated server guides for ATLAS (but to be honest ATLAS is not the easiest game to set up), for example: Click

 

But keep in mind that you don't have to do most of this stuff because the most parts already done by the container.

The files are located in '.../appdata/atlas/' which files I really can't help because I actually don't own the game. :D

Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

hey, can you do "The Isle" by any chance ?

 

I don't create server for games that I don't own anymore.

But from what I've looked up "The Isle" should be possible as a container.

Link to comment
On 2/10/2021 at 12:30 AM, ich777 said:

About which game are we talking?

 

The log would be helpful.

 

Again thanks for those template, and a bit thank you for supporting us here too, even if you often have to remind people to read the sticky.

 

I was talking about Valheim, and I have now 2 docker running Valheim succesfully. I don't remember what went wrong that time, but it was a pretty quick setup this time. 

 

I'm now curious if we can share the same STEAMCMD folder between the instances. Did not do search yet, no need to take time to answer me if you don't have the answer on the tip of your fingers already.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, matmat07 said:

I'm now curious if we can share the same STEAMCMD folder between the instances. Did not do search yet, no need to take time to answer me if you don't have the answer on the tip of your fingers already.

Hope that helps:

grafik.thumb.png.8b2f1ffdbe648a9c5f39ea8182a65ac2.png

Link to comment

@ich777 Can you change the Unraid Docker for Valheim so the password is optional? I'm asking because you can set a whitelist in the configs of the server and there is no need to use a password after enabling that. Also you can use the Steam Launch Options to directly connect to a server. 

tldr; would allow to directly connect to a server without a password promp and without having to fear griefing from randoms.

Valheim Dedicated Server Manual.pdf

Edited by InvicTech
typo
Link to comment
Just now, InvicTech said:

I'm asking because you can set a whitelist in the configs of the server and there is no need to use a password after enabling that.

I thought the server is non functional and would loop if you start it without a password...

 

I know the manual from creating the container and from my testing when you put in no password it would not start.

Link to comment
Just now, ich777 said:

I thought the server is non functional and would loop if you start it without a password...

 

I know the manual from creating the container and from my testing when you put in no password it would not start.

Does this also happen if you leave out the "-password" option all together from the launch command?

Link to comment
1 minute ago, InvicTech said:

Does this also happen if you leave out the "-password" option all together from the launch command?

From my testing yes.

Have you seen a server without a password yet?

 

The Public/Non-Public parameter also wasn't working and the fixed it with the last update...

I can test it again if you want to, but I think all server in the ingame serverlist are listed with a password.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, ich777 said:

From my testing yes.

Have you seen a server without a password yet?

 

The Public/Non-Public parameter also wasn't working and the fixed it with the last update...

I can test it again if you want to, but I think all server in the ingame serverlist are listed with a password.

It would be highly appreciated if you can spare the time needed. It's working just fine with the password. Actually, I wasn't aware of this limitation when I posted my initial question, so it's up to you :)

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, InvicTech said:

It would be highly appreciated if you can spare the time needed. It's working just fine with the password. Actually, I wasn't aware of this limitation when I posted my initial question, so it's up to you :)

I tested this now...

 

If you set Public to 1 which means that is available on the in game server list an well publicly available and try to remove the password option completely the server won't start and loop over and over again: valheimpublic1.log

 

But if you set Public to 0 which means that the server is not listed in the server list and with the next part I'm not 100% sure but it can be that you can't actually connect over the Internet, but I couldn't imagine that... and remove the password entry completely you can connect without a password but have to enter the whole IP:SERVERPORT+1 (I only tested this in my local network because it's getting pretty late here).

 

I don't know if I should implement this now to run a server without a password, eventually the developers will fix it anyways and it's not worth the effort... Hope this makes sense to you...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I tested this now...

 

If you set Public to 1 which means that is available on the in game server list an well publicly available and try to remove the password option completely the server won't start and loop over and over again: valheimpublic1.log

 

But if you set Public to 0 which means that the server is not listed in the server list and with the next part I'm not 100% sure but it can be that you can't actually connect over the Internet, but I couldn't imagine that... and remove the password entry completely you can connect without a password but have to enter the whole IP:SERVERPORT+1 (I only tested this in my local network because it's getting pretty late here).

 

I don't know if I should implement this now to run a server without a password, eventually the developers will fix it anyways and it's not worth the effort... Hope this makes sense to you...

Thank you very much for testing it and yes, you're right,  it doesn't make a lot of sense to add a workaround now because the server shouldn't ask for a password in the first place if you give it null or an empty string...

Link to comment
Just now, InvicTech said:

Thank you very much for testing it and yes, you're right,  it doesn't make a lot of sense to add a workaround now because the server shouldn't ask for a password in the first place if you give it null or an empty string...

Yes and no... :D

But I think Public servers should also be available without a password and at the moment that's not possible as far as I know.

 

I think the devs have a long way to go to fix the bugs, the game is in pretty early alpha state runs fine but also has a few bugs in it that the devs are aware of...

 

Eventually post a question on the Valheim Discord/Forums/Steam Community Hub about if the public servers also will be allowed to run without a password.

Link to comment
13 hours ago, ich777 said:

As I said, this won't work!

 

Have you read the linked post how to do it and also the descriptions at the Ports, seems like you didn't... :D

 

Got it working. Thanks! 😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, dfox1787 said:

My vaheim server updated last night and now my world has reset :(. anyone else had this?

There was no update of Valheim or the Container...

 

Did the Container update?

Have you enabled the Backup function of the container and have you tried to restore the backup from there?

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

 

 

 

There was no update of Valheim or the Container...

 

Did the Container update?

Have you enabled the Backup function of the container and have you tried to restore the backup from there?

I set the container to restart every night at 03:00 to install any updates

 

Yes the backup is enabled. although it seems to have skipped alot yesterday. we played the game untill 23:00. you can also see how the backup size decreases.

 

i restored one of the backups but it still doesnt load the world. 

 

stopped the container, extracted one of the backups and pasted files over existing.

Capture.PNG

Edited by dfox1787
Link to comment
1 minute ago, dfox1787 said:

although it seems to have skipped alot yesterday.

Can it be that you have CA Backup running and that's why it skipped? Something must have happened between 2021-03-08_06.25.11 and 2021-03-09_04.12.34 but I can't tell you what seems like the container wasn't running or something eslse happened.

 

4 minutes ago, dfox1787 said:

i restored one of the backups but it still doesnt load the world. 

Can you try to restore the world on your local computer and see if it loads?

Eventually try to also completely delete the old world files and not just replace it, have you stopped the container in the first place, please also look into the template if anything has changed and if the world name is correct.

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can it be that you have CA Backup running and that's why it skipped? Something must have happened between 2021-03-08_06.25.11 and 2021-03-09_04.12.34 but I can't tell you what seems like the container wasn't running or something eslse happened.

 

Can you try to restore the world on your local computer and see if it loads?

Eventually try to also completely delete the old world files and not just replace it, have you stopped the container in the first place, please also look into the template if anything has changed and if the world name is correct.

 

Works restoring it locally but doesnt on the container. I sopped the container deleted all the file and pasted the backup. Still no luck. 

 

CA Backup does run at the same time so that explains that. i left the game last night at 23:00 my friend player until 01:00 (loser). i havent made any changes to the docker. 

Link to comment

So I have an interesting problem and I am not sure where to go with it. I am running a Valheim server and twice now shortly after 1 am it has stopped saving and backing up. if I log in with an admin account and tell it to save it doesn't allow a manual save either. I just realized it this time but last time the final save was corrupt as well. Has anyone experienced this or know how I can avoid it?

 

some extra that might be helpful:

 

 The group decided that it would be best to start with a clean world between and I removed the image and started with a fresh container.

 

If I stop and start it after it stops saving it doesn't attempt to reload the save it starts a new one.

 

if I try and reload from the last backup it reloads the structures but appears to be on a different seed? the buildings are there but the terrain is different and there are trees in the water. 

 

The game continues running just fine after the saving and backing up stops it just won't allow you to save anymore which isn't good if the system needs to be restarted. 

 

attached are the most resent log from when it wouldn't save and my start script 

valheim log.png

valheim start script.png

Link to comment
1 minute ago, dfox1787 said:

CA Backup does run at the same time so that explains that.

Try to disable to Stop the Container when the Backup is executed, go into the Plugin and at the bottom click on: grafik.png.44f9c74ca10ea381f7093bf6a6941b2b.png then click on the little slider icon at Valheim so that it says don't stop:

 

grafik.png.15dc8650c1683298a7cc1625c17a3144.png

 

2 minutes ago, dfox1787 said:

Works restoring it locally but doesnt on the container. I sopped the container deleted all the file and pasted the backup.

Try to restore it form your PC to your Container and see if that works.

 

In the template the world name and everything is the same as before or appropriate to fit the save?

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Sentie said:

I am running a Valheim server and twice now shortly after 1 am it has stopped saving and backing up.

Please check how your appdata share is configured in terms of using the cache?

Is it set to use the cache "Only", "Prefered", "Yes" or "No"?

 

Is this the first time happening or is this always the case?

How long did you run the server now?

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please check how your appdata share is configured in terms of using the cache?

Is it set to use the cache "Only", "Prefered", "Yes" or "No"?

 

it is configured to 'Yes'

 

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Is this the first time happening or is this always the case?

How long did you run the server now?

 

This is the second time it happened. Both times it ran saves through the day just fine then got to around 1:10am local time and stopped. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.