[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers


3777 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

On 4/7/2021 at 1:18 AM, ich777 said:

I think so, keep an eye on this.

Also please report back what happens over time if more things in the world are built and changed when the world size grows, I think the file size of the world is bound to the RAM usage, but as said, could be wrong about that...

So I'm back to seeing the fluctuation between 3.5 GB and 4 GB. I think there's only been exploring done in world since the last update, no major building. Is it also normal to see the 2% steady CPU usage when no one is online (CPU is 8 core/16 thread if it matters)? 

 

image.thumb.png.1ffaa6a0d0f2517c0b83db29304e146d.png

 

Not really expecting a solution at this stage, just documenting it in case others have similar problems! No ill side effects have been seen so far. Plan to do a lot of building in world over the next week so we'll see how that affects RAM usage and/or world file size. 

Link to post
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary: Support Thread for ich777 Gameserver Dockers (CounterStrike: Source & ConterStrike: GO, TeamFortress 2, ArmA III,... - complete list in the second post) Application: SteamCMD Do

Just thought I'd share my experience setting up a Valheim server with this docker app from @ich777(thank you!)   You don't need to worry about Steam authentication for Valheim, the default a

Dockers Available so far:   SteamCMD DedicatedServers: CounterStrike: Source CounterStrike: Global Offensive TeamFortress 2 ArmA3 - requested by @MrSage D

Posted Images

What do I need to do if I want to make a new ARK docker server also with the Island map? I created a new docker with the template of the old docker (don't know if that's the right way but it was the only way that I found to create a second ARK docker).

 

Now i guess during this it also duplicated the save games of the old docker. Now I've read that I can delete the progress with deleting the files in \ShooterGame\Saved. But what is really weird is that when I connected to the new server I was in the same instance as my friends on the old server .. I guess that's how you connect multiple dockers to a cluster.

 

But now I'm a bit worried what I need to delete/change to get a completely new server that isn't connected to my old one :) 

 

Thanks for any help!

Link to post
1 hour ago, Symon said:

But now I'm a bit worried what I need to delete/change to get a completely new server that isn't connected to my old one :) 

You have to change the Name of the Container, the path to the Game Files (the path to SteamCMD can be the same), you have to change all the ports in the config files so that they don't match the other server (all of them) and then you have to delete all port entries in the Docker template and create new ones that are match the new ports that you have in your config files.

 

Keep in mind that it isn't enough that you just change the host port if you click on a port entry in the template and change that, thats also the reason why you are in the old instance.

Link to post

So trying to setup Assetto Corsa dedicated server.  I have port forwarding setup correctly as I have other game containers running.  I have "Install Assetto-Server-Manager:" to 'true'.  If I connect to the web GUI the server doesn't show as 'on' and I can't launch.  Also if I launch the 'acserver.exe' it can't connect to the web.  

 

Now if I "Install Assetto-Server-Manager:" to 'false' and launch 'acserver.exe' it can connect to the lobby just fine.  No idea what I am doing wrong and I'm not against deleting everything and starting fresh.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Link to post

Also on the Valheim server, you can setup a 'Cname' and use a 'SRV' to connect instead of typing in an IP.  I have it setup that way on cloudflare and it connects to my reverse proxy.  So my friends can use 'xx.domain.com' to connect to my Valheim server and not ever need to type in an IP address.

Link to post
1 hour ago, mikeyvt said:

Also on the Valheim server, you can setup a 'Cname' and use a 'SRV' to connect instead of typing in an IP.  I have it setup that way on cloudflare and it connects to my reverse proxy.  So my friends can use 'xx.domain.com' to connect to my Valheim server and not ever need to type in an IP address.

Yes, but you only need the domain name and not the subdomain since Valheim resolves you public IP and connects to the default ports 2456, 2457, 2458. If your server is running on a non default port (eg: if you are running the server on ports 2466, 2467, 2469) simply enter: yourdomain.com:2466

 

1 hour ago, mikeyvt said:

Also if I launch the 'acserver.exe' it can't connect to the web.

What do you mean with that? Where did you launch it? Simply double clicking it?

 

1 hour ago, mikeyvt said:

Now if I "Install Assetto-Server-Manager:" to 'false' and launch 'acserver.exe' it can connect to the lobby just fine.  No idea what I am doing wrong and I'm not against deleting everything and starting fresh.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you got a log for me (on the Docker page click on the icon and select log -> select everything in the log window by pressing CTRL + A and then CTRL + C to copy everything to the clipboard -> open up a text file and press CTRL + V to paste the contents of the clipboard to the text file -> press CTRL + S to save the file -> drop the text file here in the text box).

Link to post
16 hours ago, ich777 said:

You have to change the Name of the Container, the path to the Game Files (the path to SteamCMD can be the same), you have to change all the ports in the config files so that they don't match the other server (all of them) and then you have to delete all port entries in the Docker template and create new ones that are match the new ports that you have in your config files.

 

Keep in mind that it isn't enough that you just change the host port if you click on a port entry in the template and change that, thats also the reason why you are in the old instance.

Thanks for your help!

 

Is there a reason that you have to delete the port configs and cannot just change them? Is this the case with every docker template? (First time I duplicated one)

 

I added the following parameters and changed the RCONport RCONportin the gameusersettings.ini and afterwards it worked.

?QueryPort=27016?Port=7779?PeerPort=7780?RCONPort=27021

 

Would it be better to change all the ports in the settings files or is this the right way to do it? (I only found the RCONport line in the settings)

Link to post
1 hour ago, Symon said:

Is there a reason that you have to delete the port configs and cannot just change them? Is this the case with every docker template?

No, this is not the case with every Docker template but game servers are not normal Containers in terms of port forwarding.

Take Valheim for example, the default game port for example is 2456 (game port) then there is the port 2457 (query port) and the port 2458 (I don't know what it's exactly for but if you close it you cannot connect to the server).

When you try to actually connect to the game, the game tries to connect to the default query port to get all necessary information on port 2457 and the query port actually responds with a message to the game that the game port is on 2456 and then a connection is established. Now imagine what's happening when you only forward the ports from 2456, 2457, 2458 to lets say +10 (2466, 2467, 2468) if you type in the Steam Server Browser for example YOURSERVERIP:2467 you will actually see the game but if you click on it and the game fires up and it get's the answer from the query port that the game actually runs on port 2456 and not on the forwarded port 2466 like in this example and a connection can not be established.

 

For a normal web server that don't rely on a query port (or at least nothing that's relying on a port that actually tells it back, "Hi, I'm on port 2466") you can forward or better speaking change them in the template.

 

Also Steam Ports 27015-27030 really don't like to be translated from on to another port because they actually tell the game: "Hi, I'm running on port 27015" and if you translate that again to let's say for example to 27016, you can see the game possibly in the server list because it's broadcasting that it's running but if you try to actually connect the port or the application tells the client to connect on port 27015 and 27016.

 

But as said above that applies not to every game!

 

Hope that makes sense to you.

 

1 hour ago, Symon said:

Would it be better to change all the ports in the settings files or is this the right way to do it? (I only found the RCONport line in the settings)

That's up to you, I would also add these settings, like you did, to the Startup Parameters, since it's basically the same as if you change it in the config file.

Link to post
2 hours ago, InventedStic said:

i ended up setting it up in a linux vm.

i may give it another go in the future.

Why not try it again, it's not different to a Linux VM, the main path where the server files are and where the app itself sees the files: '/serverdata/serverfiles'

 

I highly recommend trying it again since it's very inefficient if you only run a VM for only this game on your Unraid server.

Link to post
On 4/11/2021 at 1:16 AM, ich777 said:

 

On 4/11/2021 at 12:06 AM, mikeyvt said:

So trying to setup Assetto Corsa dedicated server.  I have port forwarding setup correctly as I have other game containers running.  I have "Install Assetto-Server-Manager:" to 'true'.  If I connect to the web GUI the server doesn't show as 'on' and I can't launch.  Also if I launch the 'acserver.exe' it can't connect to the web.  

What do you mean with that? Where did you launch it? Simply double clicking it?

 

Have you got a log for me (on the Docker page click on the icon and select log -> select everything in the log window by pressing CTRL + A and then CTRL + C to copy everything to the clipboard -> open up a text file and press CTRL + V to paste the contents of the clipboard to the text file -> press CTRL + S to save the file -> drop the text file here in the text box).

Hey thanks for the prompt reply.  The container itself installs just fine and shows 'running'.  I assume that I need to open up another file for it to actually run the server.  New to even trying to run this type of game server.

 

- I try and launch the 'acserver.exe' file from the appdata folder.

- When I try and launch the 'acservermanager.exe' file from the top level 'assettocorsa' appdata folder it says it can't find the 'Aseettocorsa.exe' file in the parent folder. 

 

I'm sure I screwed up install somewhere on this.  I've posted the log file and screenshot of the top level for AC folder.

 

 

 

assetto corsa top level.jpg

aclog.txt

Link to post
4 minutes ago, mikeyvt said:

I'm sure I screwed up install somewhere on this.  I've posted the log file and screenshot of the top level for AC folder.

I don't think that you screwed up the installation, I think they changed something in the way that AssettoCorsa ServerManager works since your log says the following:

time="2021-04-12T08:41:17-05:00" level=fatal msg="Failed to validate license" error="open ACSM.License: no such file or directory"

 

I don't know if I have time in the next few days but I will definitely look into this please give me a few days and I will report back.

Link to post
5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I don't think that you screwed up the installation, I think they changed something in the way that AssettoCorsa ServerManager works since your log says the following:


time="2021-04-12T08:41:17-05:00" level=fatal msg="Failed to validate license" error="open ACSM.License: no such file or directory"

 

I don't know if I have time in the next few days but I will definitely look into this please give me a few days and I will report back.

No worries man take your time.  You are doing awesome work and I appreciate it.  

Link to post

Hi, i'm having some difficulty with the Assetto Corsa Server manager wondering if anyone knows the fix.

 

So i have setup the server with port forwarding on the router, I am able to join the race from the game but once i joined, it says "connection issue. The server seems to be unavailable"

 

Unsure what to do here. My port forwarding has both TCP and UDP forwarded on default ports 8081 and 9600.

 

Link to post
12 minutes ago, BryanSeah said:

Hi, i'm having some difficulty with the Assetto Corsa Server manager wondering if anyone knows the fix.

 

So i have setup the server with port forwarding on the router, I am able to join the race from the game but once i joined, it says "connection issue. The server seems to be unavailable"

 

Unsure what to do here. My port forwarding has both TCP and UDP forwarded on default ports 8081 and 9600.

 

Please see the 2 posts bevore your post.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please see the 2 posts bevore your post.

I do not have the same error as the @mikeyvt mentioned. However looking at my logs i got this error instead
 

time="2021-04-13T17:46:22+08:00" level=error msg="Could not check sysctl val: net.core.rmem_max" error="open /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max: no such file or directory"

time="2021-04-13T17:46:22+08:00" level=error msg="Could not check sysctl val: net.core.rmem_default" error="open /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_default: no such file or directory"

time="2021-04-13T17:46:22+08:00" level=error msg="Could not check sysctl val: net.core.wmem_max" error="open /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max: no such file or directory"

time="2021-04-13T17:46:22+08:00" level=error msg="Could not check sysctl val: net.core.wmem_default" error="open /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_default: no such file or directory"

 

Anyways I do not think u messed up anywhere because when i tried local LAN to the server it works fine only when it goes through the internet then there's a issue. I'm not sure what you need to do to set this up but maybe there might be an issue with outgoing packets. 

Tested on the track with chat.

1
Client sends message, server receives.

Server sends message, client does not receive.

2

Client race data can be seen on server.

Link to post
5 minutes ago, BryanSeah said:

I do not have the same error as the @mikeyvt mentioned. However looking at my logs i got this error instead

I think I will remove support for the AssettoCorsa Manager entirely since the developers aren't much helpful because I had a request in the past and they said, no they don't want that binaries created by them is integrated in other containers and that the users should use their container or at least create it from the Dockerfile that they provide.

Link to post

Hey @ich777 thanks alot for your containers.

 

I noticed when trying to setup a csgo server running sourcemod with the mysql extension the server will spit out an error

 

[SM] Unable to load extension "dbi.mysql.ext": libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

 

To solve this I need to run these 2 commands in the container console

apt-get update
apt-get install lib32z1

After a server restart the mysql extension now works.

 

Would it be possible to add this to the container so it runs it on install?

I guess this would also be an issue on all other source engine games that are able to run sourcemod

Edited by mikl
typo
Link to post
On 4/12/2021 at 3:44 PM, mikeyvt said:

Hey thanks for the prompt reply.  The container itself installs just fine and shows 'running'.  I assume that I need to open up another file for it to actually run the server.  New to even trying to run this type of game server.

AssettoCorsa is not the easiest thing to setup I think especially with AssettoCorsa Server Manger...

 

May I ask where that all the files come from? If you look at my AssettoCorsa folder you can see I don't got that many files in there, have you changed something in the Unraid Docker template?

ac2.png.a96166b8841dbd4dcaf6455831ed615a.png

 

On 4/12/2021 at 3:44 PM, mikeyvt said:

- I try and launch the 'acserver.exe' file from the appdata folder.

Why did you try to launch that from the directory? The container does everything for you...

 

On 4/12/2021 at 3:44 PM, mikeyvt said:

- When I try and launch the 'acservermanager.exe' file from the top level 'assettocorsa' appdata folder it says it can't find the 'Aseettocorsa.exe' file in the parent folder. 

Again, exactly the same question as above.

 

I would recommend to start over again by deleting the container, after that delete the assettocorsa directory in your appdata folder and then grab a fresh copy from the CA App with the default settings and after that try to enable the AssettoCorsa Server Manager.

 

19 hours ago, BryanSeah said:

Anyways I do not think u messed up anywhere because when i tried local LAN to the server it works fine only when it goes through the internet then there's a issue. I'm not sure what you need to do to set this up but maybe there might be an issue with outgoing packets. 

I think if you want to fix this you have to run the container with Privileged rights (but I would never recommend to do this!) because AssettoCorsa Server Manager want's to change some settings to your notwork (but I don't think that is necessary because only the check failed and this should be a minor issue).

 

Have you forwarded both port 9600 TCP and UDP and also 8081 only TCP?

 

So, I have tried it on my own now and it works just fine, I've connected my PC over my WLAN Hotspot from my phone (of course I disabled the wired connection) and tried to connect to the server and it works just fine, the screenshot is from my Laptop that is connected to my local WLAN:

Bildschirmfoto_2021-04-14_07-40-14.thumb.png.b0a5e170ca054404de2b4fc5e940f261.png

Link to post
11 hours ago, mikl said:

To solve this I need to run these 2 commands in the container console

You can do this yourself with a 'user.sh' somewhere on your server (but I don't recommend to put it into the root of your CSGO server directory) and the container will check if the library is installed on every start/restart of the container.

 

To do that:

  1. Create a file somewhere on your server named 'csgo.sh'
  2. Put the following in the file (please note the '-y' at the third line so that this library will be automatically installed):
    #!/bin/bash
    apt-get update
    apt-get -y install lib32z1

     

  3. Mount the script in the Docker template from you server to the container: '/opt/scripts/user.sh':
    grafik.png.e4f4b64d34051d0c6ff120766a624a3a.png
  4. Click on "Add"
  5. Click on "Apply"

Now the container will check on every start if the library is installed.

 

Hope this is something you can work with and does the job for you.

Link to post
8 hours ago, TGaming said:

with the openrct2 docker i cant seam to make it save 

I will look into this shortly, can you look into the 'saves' folder that is located in your openrct2 folder if there is more than one file?

If so can you send me a screenshot? I think the server is auto saving but it loads every time the default save game and not the auto save files.

Link to post

I managed to get my FiveM server up and running using the info in this thread to get the txadmin set up.  I was having issues getting the recipe to run for the base ESX default recipe.  I had to add the mariadb docker containers and myphpadmin docker containers.  it appears to be saving and working curerntly but it's 6AM and I'm calling it a night if anyone else has set up an ESX roleplaying server I'd like to know how you did it and what issues you encountered.  I currently can't figure out how to update txAdmin it says I'm using an outdated version but it works so I guess the annoying red text will just be there for now lol.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.