[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers


4204 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary: Support Thread for ich777 Gameserver Dockers (CounterStrike: Source & ConterStrike: GO, TeamFortress 2, ArmA III,... - complete list in the second post) Application: SteamCMD Do

Just thought I'd share my experience setting up a Valheim server with this docker app from @ich777(thank you!)   You don't need to worry about Steam authentication for Valheim, the default a

Dockers Available so far:   SteamCMD DedicatedServers: CounterStrike: Source CounterStrike: Global Offensive TeamFortress 2 ArmA3 - requested by @MrSage D

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You can try to create a world on your local computer, select Journey mode and copy over the created world to the server (btw make sure that it's named "world").

 

Hope that makes sense to you... :)

Ok nice, will give it a try ;) ty bud

Link to post

I have a cache drive. The container lives in /mnt/cache/appdata/assettocorsacompetizione. Looking at the appdata directory it wasnt set to use the cache drive.

 

I have now changed it to "only". I will now reinstall the container, dropped the .exe in and report back

Link to post
8 minutes ago, Yogurt said:

@ich777 Sorted now. It was because I wasnt using the cache drive. Sorry I should have noticed that. 

 

Have a great day and thank you

Also I have to say I can't create a container or change the existing container so that it uses the new appID because I actually don't own the game so you have to stick with the "manual" method.

Link to post
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

You can try to create a world on your local computer, select Journey mode and copy over the created world to the server (btw make sure that it's named "world").

 

Hope that makes sense to you... :)

Sadly it didn't work 😪

Still same Error msg. after Container restart

'Only Non-Journey characters may enter a Non-Journey server.'

 

I guess it won't work then - right?

 

terr.png

Link to post
9 minutes ago, luhzifer said:

'Only Non-Journey characters may enter a Non-Journey server.'

I have to look into this since I haven't played terraria in a long time...

Will report back.

Link to post
54 minutes ago, luhzifer said:

guess it won't work then - right?

Looking at this it says that you have to change the difficulty to 3 in the server.cfg then it is set to Journey mode (of course stop the container first before you change the value), but I actually don't know if it works with the world that I've ship with the server but at least you can try it or create the Journey world on your local computer and copy it over.

 

EDIT: I've tried it now and what you have to do is create a new World on your local computer with the name "world" and copy that over from ".../Documents/My Games/Terraria/Worlds/world.wld" to your server in the Worlds folder and replace the existing one and set the difficulty in the "serverconfig.txt" from "0" to "3", after that start the container again and connect with your journey character... :)

Link to post
7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Looking at this it says that you have to change the difficulty to 3 in the server.cfg then it is set to Journey mode (of course stop the container first before you change the value), but I actually don't know if it works with the world that I've ship with the server but at least you can try it or create the Journey world on your local computer and copy it over.

is it the 'serverconfig.txt'? Don't see config.cfg

 

Tried to change it there with no luck...

Link to post
5 minutes ago, luhzifer said:

is it the 'serverconfig.txt'? Don't see config.cfg

Please read the last post again.

Yes it is the serverconfig.txt and also you have to create a Journey world on your local computer and replace it on the server, otherwise it won't work, can just connect fine on my server.

Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please read the last post again.

Yes it is the serverconfig.txt and also you have to create a Journey world on your local computer and replace it on the server, otherwise it won't work, can just connect fine on my server.

Hmm.. I did that.. but I try again tomorrow. Thx so far for your time!

terr.png

Edited by luhzifer
Link to post
10 minutes ago, luhzifer said:

Hmm.. I did that.. but I try again tomorrow. Thx so far for your time!

Remove the bak file.

Also have you stopped the container in the first place before doing this?

You can also edit the file and replace the world over SMB... ;)

 

Are you also made sure that you've created a Journey world?

Link to post
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Remove the bak file.

Also have you stopped the container in the first place before doing this?

You can also edit the file and replace the world over SMB... ;)

 

Are you also made sure that you've created a Journey world?

Ok, so after removing the .bak file, it worked :D ty very much

Link to post
On 5/19/2021 at 8:24 PM, ich777 said:

WINE = Wine Is Not a Emulator... ;)

 

WINE will always use the maximum amount of memory available.

 

 

This sounds more like a bug in a Mod itself like @Nanobug already mentioned and not in the Container or WINE.

What you actually can do is to remove all the mods and let the server run and see if it also crashes.

 

As a workaround I would recommend that you restart the Container once or twice a day if that's possible through a User Script on a schedule, something like this should do the job:


#!/bin/bash
docker restart NAMEOFYOUCONANEXILESDOCKER

 

 

I guess Wine is just not compatible when the game gets more ressource hungry, because i added 2 big mods and the game wont even start.

 

my solution now is that i created a windows VM, copied the files and the same server just works fine.

Link to post
19 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

 

I guess Wine is just not compatible when the game gets more ressource hungry, because i added 2 big mods and the game wont even start.

 

my solution now is that i created a windows VM, copied the files and the same server just works fine.

Yes, WINE is sadly enough not perfect. :/

Link to post
On 5/21/2021 at 11:00 PM, ich777 said:

It looks like that the container is fully started and waiting for connections, how did you try to connect (IP - internal or external) and with which port?

Tried direct connection through launcher both IP and server name. Fixed it by doing a fresh install. new problem was BattleEye would not start. solved that by disabling it in server.cfg file.

Link to post

How do I add command line options to the executable the docker is launching?  I thought it was the Post Arguments field but it doesn't seem to be working. 

I'm using the Insurgency Sandstorm docker and trying to add the tokens that allow stats.

I have post arguments as:   -GSLTToken=XXX -GameStatsToken=xxx -GameStats -ruleset=OfficialRules

The docker command is: 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='InsurgencySandstorm' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'GAME_ID'='581330' -e 'SERVER_NAME'='DanithServer' -e 'GAME_PARAMS'='Oilfield?Scenario=Scenario_Refinery_Checkpoint_Insurgents?MaxPlayers=8' -e 'USERNAME'='' -e 'VALIDATE'='' -e 'PASSWRD'='' -e 'GAME_PORT'='27102' -e 'QUERY_PORT'='27131' -e 'UID'='99' -e 'GID'='100' -p '27102:27102/udp' -p '27131:27131/udp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd':'/serverdata/steamcmd':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/insurgencysandstorm':'/serverdata/serverfiles':'rw' --restart=unless-stopped 'ich777/steamcmd:insurgencysandstorm' -GSLTToken=XXX -GameStatsToken=XXX -GameStats -ruleset=OfficialRules
31ee23b0a1903d3f3a81b8b73459ffb34785cbb2342344f21f4255478bb7f5cd

 

When it launches, the log has the error:  LogGameStatsServer: Display: GameStatsServer INIT: No authentication provided, -GameStatsToken= required for statistics collection, and I've tried moving the flags around with no change.

 

Whats the proper way of making it launch with extra command line options?

Link to post
2 hours ago, danith said:

Whats the proper way of making it launch with extra command line options?

Simply drop them in the Game Parameters at the end like this (but make sure you put them on the end and also make a space in front of them):

grafik.thumb.png.25f0de60f26b18555d4a66388a2ef984.png

Link to post

@ich777Its not really a game server, but I'm not sure if there's a better thread to request it. Can you make a docker container for opensourcepos? Their github repo. I'm looking into using it for my family's small business, but I'm not familiar with using docker to install it. It would also be a little more convenient to have a container for it so my parents who know little about computers can easily start/troubleshoot it. Thanks in advance!

Link to post
14 minutes ago, Minimushroomman said:

@ich777Its not really a game server, but I'm not sure if there's a better thread to request it. Can you make a docker container for opensourcepos? Their github repo. I'm looking into using it for my family's small business, but I'm not familiar with using docker to install it. It would also be a little more convenient to have a container for it so my parents who know little about computers can easily start/troubleshoot it. Thanks in advance!

There is actually a Docker request thread open here on the forums:

I think it would be best to post their since I don't know anything about this software...

Link to post
11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

There is actually a Docker request thread open here on the forums:

I think it would be best to post their since I don't know anything about this software...

Ok, thanks! I'll see if it happens. On a bit of a time limit, the current POS we use is no longer supported, so I'm trying to see if i can save my parents some money on a new POS. It sucks because we paid a pretty penny for the software just two years ago and now their payment processing isn't being updated.

Link to post
33 minutes ago, domrockt said:

Is it possible to port an World of Warcraft private server to Unraid Docker?

No, simply because this violates the EULA from Blizzard and is not allowed.

Link to post
Posted (edited)

Can anyone tell me where I copy an existing world to use on the Valheim docker container? I have it all set up and working, but can't seem to find where I put my "worlds" folder content from my Windows PC. Thanks!

 

EDIT: Please disregard... I found it.. To help others it is here: /mnt/cache/appdata/valheim/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds

Edited by Groto
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.