[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

15 minutes ago, Ging3rJo3 said:

Was this ever solved?

This was solved as far as I know.

Please head over to @Spectral Force's Discord to get support for 7DtD:

https://discord.gg/VwwYA5h

Are you sure that you have the folder where you 7DtD directory is located to Cache Only or Prefer? If you have set it to Yes or no then the container can't work in the default configuration.

23 minutes ago, Furion said:

Apologies if i've asked in the wrong place!

I will look into it ASAP.

• Thanks 1

So I have the Valheim server up and running and can play and connect on my local network no problem. However when I try from outside my network I cant connect. I am on Bell Canada Fiber. I have the SFP plugged directly into my UDM PRO, and I have setup the port forwarding in my UDM as per what is seen here: https://unraid.net/blog/unraid-valheim-dedicated-server . I realize that port checking tools will not see the port as open. However when I try to type in "MYWANIPADDRES:2456" into the add server section in steam it comes back with a "not responding" error. And Valheim says it cannot connect. Anyone seen this before? 

edit: I saw another post in this thread similar to mine about it possible being the ISP blocking the ports but the official list of blocked ports can be found here: https://www3.bellmts.ca/mts/support/internet/security/blocked+or+restricted+ports Are any of these causing the issue? 

Edited by Archemedees
added info
39 minutes ago, Archemedees said:

I realize that port checking tools will not see the port as open.

You can't see this port open because Valheim uses a proprietary protocol and you can't just check if the port is open with port scanner sites because it won't answer a default TCP or UDP query (see the port checker site as a German speaker and Valheim as a English speaker and both of them can't speak the others language, they simply can't communicate with each other - really oversimplified... :) ).

However when I try to type in "MYWANIPADDRES:2456" into the add server section in steam it comes back with a "not responding" error.

You are trying this from you internal network or am I wrong? Have you setup NAT reflection in your UDM (sorry I don't own any Ubiquiti gear and don't know if there is an option for that in there).

Have you already tried it from outside your internal network (please do this first since this is a really common issue)?

Do you try to connect with your public IP?

Also please make sure that you just open the ports 2456, 2457, 2458 UDP (only UDP, not TCP not TCP/UDP, only UDP).

Are any of these causing the issue? 

No because you have to forward the mentioned above 3 ports, please also read the second recommended post that you can find on top of this thread, eventually this helps.

1 hour ago, Archemedees said:

So I have the Valheim server up and running and can play and connect on my local network no problem. However when I try from outside my network I cant connect. I am on Bell Canada Fiber. I have the SFP plugged directly into my UDM PRO, and I have setup the port forwarding in my UDM as per what is seen here: https://unraid.net/blog/unraid-valheim-dedicated-server . I realize that port checking tools will not see the port as open. However when I try to type in "MYWANIPADDRES:2456" into the add server section in steam it comes back with a "not responding" error. And Valheim says it cannot connect. Anyone seen this before? 

edit: I saw another post in this thread similar to mine about it possible being the ISP blocking the ports but the official list of blocked ports can be found here: https://www3.bellmts.ca/mts/support/internet/security/blocked+or+restricted+ports Are any of these causing the issue? 

Could you connect from your LAN?
Also, do you know if your ISP is using double NAT?
- If your ISP is using double NAT, you probably never will get it to work before you get a static IP.

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

You can't see this port open because Valheim uses a proprietary protocol and you can't just check if the port is open with port scanner sites because it won't answer a default TCP or UDP query (see the port checker site as a German speaker and Valheim as a English speaker and both of them can't speak the others language, they simply can't communicate with each other - really oversimplified... :) ).

You are trying this from you internal network or am I wrong? Have you setup NAT reflection in your UDM (sorry I don't own any Ubiquiti gear and don't know if there is an option for that in there).

Have you already tried it from outside your internal network (please do this first since this is a really common issue)?

Do you try to connect with your public IP?

Also please make sure that you just open the ports 2456, 2457, 2458 UDP (only UDP, not TCP not TCP/UDP, only UDP).

No because you have to forward the mentioned above 3 ports, please also read the second recommended post that you can find on top of this thread, eventually this helps.

Thanks for the quick response! Originally I did try this from my internal network but then figured it may be a double NAT issue as I had seen that mentioned in previous posts. So I grabbed a laptop and connected to my phones hotspot then tried connecting to my WANIP again and still got the same error. I have the port forwarding setup identically to the post on the unraid blog as they are also using a ubiquiti device and that screen is the same on my UDMPro. I’ll head off to read the post you recommended now again as well. 

4 hours ago, Nanobug said:

Could you connect from your LAN?
Also, do you know if your ISP is using double NAT?
- If your ISP is using double NAT, you probably never will get it to work before you get a static IP.

I can connect from my lan, no issues there, I even added the server in steam under the favorites tab using lan just to make sure it wasn’t some sort of steam issue and it showed up right away and let’s me connect and play. And I’ll see if I can find out about double NAT 

Hello
I have a question to your fivem image. Is it possible to leave txadmin running and only shutdown, start and restart the server/service himself? like at windows server? for me it looks like by clicking on restart on txadmin the whole container is restarting

2 hours ago, DoSammy said:

I have a question to your fivem image. Is it possible to leave txadmin running and only shutdown, start and restart the server/service himself? like at windows server? for me it looks like by clicking on restart on txadmin the whole container is restarting

Is it bad that the whole container is restarted? It's should be basically the same as you restart only txadmin.

The thing about this is that I designed the container differently and the container restarts if the main app (in this case FiveM) is stopped/restarted or has crashed.

22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Is it bad that the whole container is restarted? It's should be basically the same as you restart only txadmin.

On my windows test server i click on restart in txadmin and only the fivem server/service is restarting. txadmin is still running in background.
In my case i use the discord bot of txadmin and everytime i click restart i get the message on discord, that txadmin is starting and showes me the help text

Just now, DoSammy said:

On my windows test server i click on restart in txadmin and only the fivem server/service is restarting. txadmin is still running in background.

I completely understand what you are after but that is simply not possible in my container, since if the FiveM application is killed or restarted, the whole container also restarts because this is the main process and not txadmin.

1 minute ago, DoSammy said:

In my case i use the discord bot of txadmin and everytime i click restart i get the message on discord, that txadmin is starting and showes me the help text

Eventually someone else made a container that can do it like you described it for Windows, sorry really can't help here... :/

• Like 1
On 5/12/2021 at 9:28 AM, ich777 said:

Done.

Please force an update from the container and create a variable like this in the template:

grafik.png.c120d8287f7cb126cb90cc00f4d21a1d.png

Currently I'm don't checking if there was an update, but I'm installing the Oxide Mod every time the container is started/restarted so this should be no problem and since the Oxide Mode is not that big and doesn't contain much files there should be no problem.

You can prevent this by creating a variable with the Key: 'FORCE_OXIDE_INSTALLATION' and as Value: 'false' but I don't think this is necessary in your use case.

Hope this is what you where after. :)

hey sorry for bothering again...

i guess this should not happen ? 

Unbenannt.JPG.b45f38075d12232475d4697237a4006c.JPG

Edited by Cornflake
1 hour ago, Cornflake said:

i guess this should not happen ? 

Restart the server once more and see if it changes anything, this is actually caused by the Github API and nothing I can do about.

Sometimes it responds with a URL instead of the version number.

I tried it also to install it and it works without a problem:

grafik.png.e3bd71aa94ffb41031eaacf6797d0ea5.png

15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Restart the server once more and see if it changes anything, this is actually caused by the Github API and nothing I can do about.

Sometimes it responds with a URL instead of the version number.

I tried it also to install it and it works without a problem:

grafik.png.e3bd71aa94ffb41031eaacf6797d0ea5.png

oh okay, that fixed it! Thanks

Edited by Cornflake
  • Like 1

My valheim server doesn't seem to be starting. 

---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
---Update Check for Valheim enabled, running automatically every 60 minutes.---
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

I followed the guide at unraid.net but i just recently started having this issue.

33 minutes ago, Unjollypirate said:

I followed the guide at unraid.net but i just recently started having this issue.

Isn't there more in the logs, it should look something like this:

grafik.thumb.png.7553f10372f50105ea4e94128b9231d6.png

Is it restarting?

Please try to restore your world from a previous backup from the backup folder.

55 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Tried it now... Unfortunate it's not possible because it's only available for Windows and it won't run properly with WINE.

No worries man, thanks for looking!

I did find this other info that might have been helpful, not sure if you've seen it already :

posts by Korvyr https://steamcommunity.com/app/408900/discussions/0/2450469119952440192/

But looks like maybe its not to be!

Thanks again!

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

Isn't there more in the logs, it should look something like this:

grafik.thumb.png.7553f10372f50105ea4e94128b9231d6.png

Is it restarting?

Please try to restore your world from a previous backup from the backup folder.

I have unistalled and reinstalled so i do not have the backups. i used appdata cleanup app to cleanup after the unistall and deleted the appdata folder. I am still having this problem. my logs cycle through this.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 0.00 (0 / 1056739773)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 10.04 (106107512 / 1056739773)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 34.41 (363574512 / 1056739773)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 50.44 (533068128 / 1056739773)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 68.30 (721717184 / 1056739773)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 92.31 (975488256 / 1056739773)
Success! App '896660' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
Loading Steam API...OK.

Loading Steam API...OK.

Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 0.00 (0 / 1056739773)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 22.20 (234544877 / 1056739773)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 41.81 (441804021 / 1056739773)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 76.19 (805090469 / 1056739773)
Success! App '896660' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---

5 hours ago, Unjollypirate said:

I have unistalled and reinstalled so i do not have the backups. i used appdata cleanup app to cleanup after the unistall and deleted the appdata folder. I am still having this problem. my logs cycle through this.

Have you installed a Cache drive, if yes can you please tell me to what you appdata is set in the Share section in terms of "Use Cache" is it set to "Yes"?

If it is looping something is very wrong.

1. Please try these steps one more time:
  2. Delete the container
  3. Delete the folder that lives in your appdata folder for Valheim
  4. Make sure that in your appdata folder the directory "valheim" is really deleted
  5. Pull a fresh copy from the CA App
On 2/5/2021 at 2:04 PM, ich777 said:

Updated the Container again everything should work now but set the validate option to 'true' first after the update since it's pulling a new version of Multiadmin that is necessary, or you could also Stop the container, then delete the file Multiadmin from the game directory, force an update of the container and than Start the container.

Hi @ich777,

I came here hoping to find a Valheim docker and bam! I should not be surprised that you already did it! Thanks so much.

I am reading all the posts before I install the docker. I think I have everything ready but I wanted to ask a few questions first.

1. Does your note above mean I should leave the Validation variable blank during the first install? 

2. After install, should I make the variable True?

16 minutes ago, kennelfort said:

Does your note above mean I should leave the Validation variable blank during the first install? 

Exactly, this docker has a autoupdate feature built in too so if you leave that enabled in the template the container will restart itself and update itself, but keep in mind that this can happen anytime (check interval is by default 60mins).

18 minutes ago, kennelfort said:

After install, should I make the variable True?

No, this is only if you have problems with the files and should not be necessary.

Also please keep in mind to not fill in your Steam credentials (this is only necessary if the credentials marked with a red asterisk "*").

Also please make sure to read the Unraid blog there is actually a really nice tutorial how to set up the container. :)

You can also read the second recommended post on the top of this thread.

In other words, leave everything as it is and you should be good to go and the container will do the work for you. :)

• Like 1