[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers


Recommended Posts

I'm using the Factorio container and updated it recently (last 2 days or so). I now get the error saying the client is running a newer version than the server.

 

Client: 1.1.39

Server: 1.1.38

 

From what I can, the factoriotools version is 1.1.39 on dockerhub. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, pokmiuhy said:

I now get the error saying the client is running a newer version than the server.

I would recommend that you create a issue on their Github: Click

 

You can also try to set the tag to 1.1.39 in the template by simply adding :1.1.39 to the repository, but keep in mind if you do it like that you have to update it manually every time a update is released.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

I would recommend that you create a issue on their Github: Click

 

You can also try to set the tag to 1.1.39 in the template by simply adding :1.1.39 to the repository, but keep in mind if you do it like that you have to update it manually every time a update is released.

Thanks, I'll create an issue. When i check the log file the first line is:

 0.032 2021-09-10 00:29:21; Factorio 1.1.38

So it's showing that it's an older version, but the docker is showing up to date on Unraid. Is there a way to force an update even if it doesn't show one is available? I'm not too familiar with how it works on Unraid.

Link to comment
59 minutes ago, pokmiuhy said:

Is there a way to force an update even if it doesn't show one is available? I'm not too familiar with how it works on Unraid.

Turn on the advanced view on the Docker page and then press force update at the container and the I recommend to turn off the advamced view on the Docker page.

Link to comment

Hello !

 

Thanks you for your hard work on that steamcmd docker it is very much appreciated.

 

I have a tiny issue tho ; The download & file verification seem to take litteraly hours concerning CSGO (I must admit I didn't try anything else) and since I don't want to keep the game server running 24/7 it does a veryfying install every time I boot it up.

 

It's working, it's just very, very slow on the launch part I though about a network issue but 

chrome_5QZqFXlk3n.png

 

As you can see, my network doesn't seem to have any issues right at the moment (Speedtest-tracker results)

My owncloud seem to work fine aswell and same goes for everything else I have installed.

 

I am a bit lost on what could be the issues to be fair ; really new to unraid. 
 

image.thumb.png.352d26167447fe441086f4a3d3d4c66f.png

 

 

Sorry for bothering ! Thanks again :)

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Niyah said:

I have a tiny issue tho ; The download & file verification seem to take litteraly hours concerning CSGO

Leave the variable "Validate Installatio" empty in the Docker template and the  container shouldn't verify the game on start.

 

Do you have the game installed on a hard disk or ssd?

 

8 hours ago, Niyah said:

I don't want to keep the game server running 24/7

Please remember if you don't let it run for 24/7 then please close the port in your router too.

May I ask why you don't want to run it 24/7?

Link to comment

The variable do be empty which is why I though it was weird, maybe I had na update to do ?

 

The game is installed on a shares (array?) of hdd, should I instead put it on a single hdd ? I don't have any ssd except for my cache drive.

 

I don't want the gameserver running 24/7 because we usually use it only for in-house / scrim, the server isn't needed much basically so there's no point to levae it on taking ressources. I just noticed it goes into sleep mod if not used... Might just leave it on.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Niyah said:

The game is installed on a shares (array?) of hdd, should I instead put it on a single hdd ? I don't have any ssd except for my cache drive.

I think your game files are spread over multiple disks and this is why it downloads it every time new, but it could also be that a update was released and it downloaded the update.

 

Create a share that is only allowed to access one disk on your Array and put the gamefiles there or even better put it on a disk in Unassigned Devices that is not on the Array (please don't forget to also edit the template to point to that share, for example: '/mnt/disk1/gameservers/csgo')

 

Keep in mind that CS GO has many really small files and the validation or updates on spinning disks can take very long.

 

If your cache drive is big enough I would recommend to put the files on the cache since this would speed things up significantly... :)

As mentioned above create a share and set it to use Cache Only in the share settings, by this you make sure that the files stay on the cache drive but also please edit the template so it point's to the right directory eg: '/mnt/cache/gameservers/csgo'

 

10 minutes ago, Niyah said:

I don't want the gameserver running 24/7 because we usually use it only for in-house / scrim, the server isn't needed much basically so there's no point to levae it on taking ressources. I just noticed it goes into sleep mod if not used... Might just leave it on.

The CS:GO server shouldn't use much resources if you leave it on if nobody is playing, they are relatively "efficient" when they are empty.

 

 

Hope that all makes sense to you... ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hi !

 

I did put the server on the cache drive and the speed for everything increased a lot !

 

Thanks a lot ! 

 

Edit:

 

It is still verifying the install everytime I restart / launch the docker !

Would it be because I'm using MetaMod & SourceMod on it ? :(

 

I'm a bit lost here to be fair.

That's the log after restarting the docker, the Validation is empty as you can see here:

chrome_ze4MrLlnB2.png

 

 

image.png.32a55d895366d3fe124a4fe6fef6bb3c.png

Edited by Niyah
More infos
Link to comment
24 minutes ago, Niyah said:

It is still verifying the install everytime I restart / launch the docker !

Would it be because I'm using MetaMod & SourceMod on it ? :(

No, can you post a screenshot from the paths in the template? I think there is something wrong.

 

Usually the server doesn't do this every time, on my system the server updated (haven't started it in a long time) and after a restart it starts just normally without validation, have you maybe installed something else (mod or something like that) that is forcing a validation?

Link to comment

Here's the paths from the template:

 

chrome_9bZIz4GCwx.png

 

The changes I do & the cfg I use seem to be used fine and everything is working to be honest.

 

I'm suspecting MetaMod & SourceMod since it's the only change I did to the original docker at the moment... But I have a hard time understanding why it would force a verifying of the installation ; I'll reinstall the docker and give this one a quick test without the said mods :)

 

 

Edit: Sorry I had to go do some things !

 

It still happen, the docker is verifying install at every start even with a totally clean install ! :( 

Edited by Niyah
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Niyah said:

It still happen, the docker is verifying install at every start even with a totally clean install ! :( 

Is the container installing the game completely new or is it just verifying the game?

 

Have you set the share to use cache only in the share settings?

Link to comment
44 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Is the container installing the game completely new or is it just verifying the game?

 

Have you set the share to use cache only in the share settings?

 

 

The container was a totally new one.

chrome_Ln5qONV1Zp.png

 

This is my share settings. I also tried to use my steam account for steamCMD ; doesn't do much except making the download faster I believe. :o

 

Re-made the share & the docker, still doing the same things.

 

Edit:

Honestly ; as long as the server is working I don't really mind the docker verifying the files ; It's rather quick anyways ! :) Thanks a lot.

Edited by Niyah
  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Niyah said:

Re-made the share & the docker, still doing the same things.

 

Edit:

Honestly ; as long as the server is working I don't really mind the docker verifying the files ; It's rather quick anyways ! :) Thanks a lot.

I still can't reproduce this on my server, as you can see from the screenshot above the red line is from where I restarted the container and you can see almost at the bottom that the log says "Success! App '740' already up to date." and it continues without any updating, somthing forces your container to update:

grafik.png.7a86d55dd143d55342150416a154d871.png

 

 

Have you put in Steam credentials to the template if yes, please remove them since they are only needed if the are marked as required with the read asterisk (*).

Link to comment
7 hours ago, ich777 said:

I still can't reproduce this on my server, as you can see from the screenshot above the red line is from where I restarted the container and you can see almost at the bottom that the log says "Success! App '740' already up to date." and it continues without any updating, somthing forces your container to update:

grafik.png.7a86d55dd143d55342150416a154d871.png

 

 

Have you put in Steam credentials to the template if yes, please remove them since they are only needed if the are marked as required with the read asterisk (*).

 

 

... I feel very dumb.

 

I removed the logins as said ; I had "anonymous" before on my first test because I did read somewhere that this was the default steamcmd login... It's working flawlessly now, thanks a lot man you're amazing ! :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I installed the 7 days to die container. For some reason it is not recognizing that i have edited the serverconfig.xml. I made some changes and restarted the container but they wont take effect. from within console i do a more on the file and it does not show the changes. I edited the file to change control panel to true and set a password. Below is what i see when i do a more on it in console.

 

   <!-- Admin interfaces -->
        <property name="ControlPanelEnabled"                    value="false"/>                         <!-- Enable/Disable the web control panel -->
        <property name="ControlPanelPort"                               value="8080"/>                          <!-- Port of the control panel webpage -->
        <property name="ControlPanelPassword"                   value="CHANGEME"/>                      <!-- Password to gain entry to the control panel -->

Link to comment
On 9/14/2021 at 2:55 AM, shortnproud said:

I installed the 7 days to die container. For some reason it is not recognizing that i have edited the serverconfig.xml. I made some changes and restarted the container but they wont take effect. from within console i do a more on the file and it does not show the changes. I edited the file to change control panel to true and set a password. Below is what i see when i do a more on it in console.

Please join @Spectral Force's Discord for support for my 7DtD container: https:// discord .gg/VwwYA5h

 

I personally don't own 7DtD and I really can't help with this container.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.