[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers


Recommended Posts

It seems that ark already updated before valheim stopped working, I removed the steamcmd files etc. and now it is not downloading the right files at all anymore. This problem occured after I port forwarded my valheim server. I hadn't changed anything else since. Now I removed all my port forwarding to see if that helped but it didn't. Starting a fresh server downloads a couple of files but it stops everytime these files have been downloaded (gyazo images show files)
https://gyazo.com/9c21916f70907f53ac4cc8863f49ed20
https://gyazo.com/3494896da7c6e8abe5f2f752099f0447
Can you please post the logs from the startup?

The container tries to start and writes the Backup folder something is very wrong with this installation.

Also please note I've set up a Valheim server for me today and it works like it should, downloaded the files and runs fine, also restarted it a few times and played for about 2 hours with a friend on it.

Sent from my C64


Link to comment
1 minute ago, Koen said:

Here are both my system log and the log for the valheim container.

On what share is the game on and to what setting is the Share set in terms of "Use Cache"?

How often do you invoke the mover?

Can you send me a screenshot from the template where I can see the path mappings?

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

On what share is the game on and to what setting is the Share set in terms of "Use Cache"?

How often do you invoke the mover?

Can you send me a screenshot from the template where I can see the path mappings?

Template: https://gyazo.com/70d49d4eef6f494eeba4746b936a7193

Template: https://gyazo.com/70d49d4eef6f494eeba4746b936a7193

Ports: https://gyazo.com/c5e30071e13bc7d93a6967ea7ffe70fd

Appdata share: https://gyazo.com/4ab476cad2a55365fbdbc347944c4422

Arrays: https://gyazo.com/92ae4fa0e857e3205f0cbd2c3c9e74c2

 

I just noticed the mnt/cache/appdata/valheim2 could that have anything to do with it?

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

These are the same pictures, please post the paths from the template, you can post screenshots here to, simply drop them in the textbox or press CTRL + C if you have them in the clipboard.

afbeelding.thumb.png.275ae6cc7148bf8ee4155b0dccd84b86.png

afbeelding.thumb.png.cf805acae54d8c005d84d6347e9ebe43.png

afbeelding.thumb.png.f614d474405d80ea46205cf4eb9178b0.png

Link to comment
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

@Koen that can't work, you have set your appdata to Use Cache "No" and the game points to /mnt/cache/appdata/valheim2

 

Please set the path in the template to /mnt/user/appdata/valheim2

 

After that it should work just fine.

Unfortunately that didn't change anything, it still won't donload more files and after around 10 minutes the container goes to 0% cpu and 0% ram usage

 

Link to comment
Unfortunately that didn't change anything, it still won't donload more files and after around 10 minutes the container goes to 0% cpu and 0% ram usage
 
Please delete the whole container and the directory in your appdata directory that was created for the container, then I would also recommend to reboot unRAID.
After that go to the CA App and redownload the template and change the path to /mnt/user/appdata/valheim2 before you start the container for the first time.

I the meantime I've tested to set up a second Valheim server on my unRAID box, it downloaded the game in about 1 minute and started it like it should.

Sent from my C64

Link to comment
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please delete the whole container and the directory in your appdata directory that was created for the container, then I would also recommend to reboot unRAID.
After that go to the CA App and redownload the template and change the path to /mnt/user/appdata/valheim2 before you start the container for the first time.

I the meantime I've tested to set up a second Valheim server on my unRAID box, it downloaded the game in about 1 minute and started it like it should.

Sent from my C64
 

I saw a popup to update unraid, and after updating it just started working again. Never had this happen but I think that was causing the problem somehow. Thanks for all the help man, I really appreciate it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Do you know how to load in a word file? Since I deleted everything I backed up my server files, now I'm trying to launch using those files but it simply overwrites the old server data file. Is there a different method to do this or is there a way to use a backup from the backup folder (.gz file) to recover the old world?

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Koen said:

Do you know how to load in a word file? Since I deleted everything I backed up my server files, now I'm trying to launch using those files but it simply overwrites the old server data file. Is there a different method to do this or is there a way to use a backup from the backup folder (.gz file) to recover the old world?

You have to extract the tar.gz files to your world directory and make sure that the world has the same name as in the Docker template.

How to load a world on the server is in the 3rd recommended post on top.

Link to comment
25 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You have to extract the tar.gz files to your world directory and make sure that the world has the same name as in the Docker template.

How to load a world on the server is in the 3rd recommended post on top.

Awesome, that post worked. Thanks for the help man! Everything is working fine atm.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Awesome, that post worked. Thanks for the help man! Everything is working fine atm.
Make sure that you've edited the path like I've said above otherwise it will most likely stop to work again.

Sent from my C64

Link to comment
Hello, 
im new to Unraid and Docker. I can´t find your CounterStrike: Global Offensive Docker in the Community Applications. 
Can someone please help me? Thanks
 
Search for 'CSGO' or you could also enter 'ich777' to browse all of my containers.

Sent from my C64

Link to comment

Hello ich777,

 

I tried to install yesterday your Valheim Server docker and got the following error during installation. I am UNRAID newbie, using it just for plex, this is the first time trying to install something else. Can you please advise what went wrong?

 

I filled the following during installation:

 

First I allowed port forwarding in the router settings;

Changed network to br0;

added IP (I tried both my local and static IP);

Changed validation to true;

replaced server and world name, added password.

 

1001356813_errorvalheim.thumb.png.1ef847a39b5cd51f3562b7366394a21a.png

Link to comment
Can you please advise what went wrong?
Seems to be something is wrong with the network in general since Docker is not able to connect to DockerHub and pull the images.
 
Please try to install the container again, maybe it was a temporary network issue.

Link to comment
9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Seems to be something is wrong with the network in general since Docker is not able to connect to DockerHub and pull the images.
 
Please try to install the container again, maybe it was a temporary network issue.
 

 

That seems to be right, successfully installed container now. However, cant seem to make the Docker start. Tried rebooting server.

 

 

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Link to comment

Hi,

 

I have a question about restoring old worlds from non docker valheim to new docker unraid valheim.

 

I previously hosted the server on my windows server, I have got the world files from app data.

 

Copied them to the new appdata on the docker location, changed the name on the docker to match the world file.

 

The logs show that it has loaded, or at least not created a new one with the same name, it looks like that. 

 

However, when I load up the game it is not my original server, if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

 

Cheers,

 

Dan

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Lordsteggu said:

Hi,

 

I have a question about restoring old worlds from non docker valheim to new docker unraid valheim.

 

I previously hosted the server on my windows server, I have got the world files from app data.

 

Copied them to the new appdata on the docker location, changed the name on the docker to match the world file.

 

The logs show that it has loaded, or at least not created a new one with the same name, it looks like that. 

 

However, when I load up the game it is not my original server, if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

 

Cheers,

 

Dan

Sorted this, 

 

Make sure you create the container initially with EXACTLY THE SAME NAME AS YOUR OLD WORLD. 

 

If you're trying to swap a container to a different world, after it's been created. 

 

It will not work. 

 

Create a fresh one with the exact name. 

 

Once you've done that, override the world files with your old ones. Hey presto, it'll work. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/12/2021 at 9:41 PM, defcry said:

However, cant seem to make the Docker start. Tried rebooting server.

What do you mean with that?

Can you post the log from the container or post a screenshot from the error message?

Link to comment

Don't starve togather caves folder has 2 server config files and non is working, basically my cave is start up as a master ignoring the config is_master = false if i put it in either of the config file in cave folder, i also tried directly editing in the container ./klei/.../cave/server.ini, also not working.

 

and everytime i edit the file and restart the service all of those config files are reset, wondering where can i update the config

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.