[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

10 minutes ago, ozma64 said:

Do i need to make a new Variable on the Container setup? If so, how should I set it up.... of if not, what settings should I add and where?

I have to look into this because as said above I really don't like Forge in general because the documentation still isn't the best and the servers always crashed at some point on me.

Maybe try it first with the container from @binhex maybe it's more Forge friendly... :D

@binhex please correct me on this if I'm wrong... :/

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I have to look into this because as said above I really don't like Forge in general because the documentation still isn't the best and the servers always crashed at some point on me.

Maybe try it first with the container from @binhex maybe it's more Forge friendly... :D

@binhex please correct me on this if I'm wrong... :/

Well i am looking at Binhex's Minecraft Container configuration and it is rather... unintuitive or at least not very straight forward... there isn't any real explanation on what each setting is and when I loaded my server into it and set the configuration the best I could, it failed to load.. I liked your App because it it is rather straight forward..

30 minutes ago, ich777 said:

please correct me on this if I'm wrong... :/

the image i have created is primarily for vanilla minecraft not forge, but i dont think there is anything stopping you dropping in a forge jar and then defining the path to it via CUSTOM_JAR_PATH and then select the correct java version via JAVA_VERSION (8, 11, or latest) and you should be good to go.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

As said above, I have to look into it but it could take a while since I have a few other things that need my attention first, will report back when I know more.

Thats no problem, I will appreciate it if you do when you can.

12 minutes ago, binhex said:

the image i have created is primarily for vanilla minecraft not forge, but i dont think there is anything stopping you dropping in a forge jar and then defining the path to it via CUSTOM_JAR_PATH and then select the correct java version via JAVA_VERSION (8, 11, or latest) and you should be good to go.

Well the thingis that Forge isnt started via Jars like vanilla... it runs a set of commands within the Library to start. I did just as you said and it didnt work

Edited by ozma64

@ich777 Well i managed to repair my MineOS Container... looks like the Java got corrupted somehow so im going to move back to that. However I'm trying to remove the Minecraft fold from my Appdata share and it refuses to delete the Runtime folder and all the java contents in it. I went into terminal and ran chmod to set it to full perms but the folder still remains... Has this happened for others? and how do I delete it?

11 minutes ago, ozma64 said:

and how do I delete it?

Open up a Unraid terminal and navigate to the folder maybe something like:

cd /mnt/user/appdata

and then delete the folder with:

rm -rf minecraft

(be very careful with that command since it removes folders recursive and of course don't delete the wrong folder)

This request isn't technically a game server, but it's game server adjacent.

Could you look at https://unmined.net/ and see if it could be containerized? It doesn't have a nice webGUI, it's a desktop app, you point it at a minecraft world and it allows you to view the map including all the underground layers.

The license doesn't allow commercial use or distribution, so could you provide the framework and the end user can expand the tar.gz into an appdata folder?

There would be mappings for the application itself, and it would need a r/o mapping to the folder containing the minecraft world.

There are downloads for either a .deb package or a tar.gz

image.thumb.png.b036428935cb131a143dfe90646e7506.png

1 hour ago, JonathanM said:

Could you look at https://unmined.net/ and see if it could be containerized? It doesn't have a nice webGUI, it's a desktop app, you point it at a minecraft world and it allows you to view the map including all the underground layers.

Sure thing, give me a few days... From what I saw from a first glance this is something like DynMap for Bukkit/Spigot right?

1 hour ago, JonathanM said:

The license doesn't allow commercial use or distribution, so could you provide the framework and the end user can expand the tar.gz into an appdata folder?

That should be totally doable.

Do you think that if I integrate a download/update script that pulls the archive and installs it when the container is started for the first time this will also violate the EULA/License? :D

this is something like DynMap for Bukkit/Spigot right?

Yep, but for vanilla.

Do you think that if I integrate a download/update script that pulls the archive and installs it when the container is started for the first time this will also violate the EULA?

That would be fine. I believe the line to be walked is whether any of their code is hosted somewhere out of their control. At least that's what I believe the intent to be.

If they decide to change something or remove it entirely they want control of that.

Out of curiosity, do you anticipate a VNC or RDP interface, or something else entirely?

11 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Out of curiosity, do you anticipate a VNC or RDP interface, or something else entirely?

If it's needed I prefer TurboVNC in combination with noVNC, but have to first look into Unmined what this even does and how it works... :)

11 hours ago, JonathanM said:

That would be fine. I believe the line to be walked is whether any of their code is hosted somewhere out of their control. At least that's what I believe the intent to be.

If they decide to change something or remove it entirely they want control of that.

Then I will do it like that, if I can get it to work... Will report back when I know more.

On 2/4/2022 at 5:50 PM, ich777 said:

No, first of all this is a container for Windows, I also think this is not the official one that is the same like for AssettoCorsa and also I need the Github Repository, keep in mind that I've found a few out there but none is the same as it exists for AssettoCorsa.

can you check these 2?

https://hub.docker.com/r/aeroxuk/acc-server-manager

https://discord.com/channels/557940238991753223/841323431601766442/842721564860481536

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The first one is a Windows container:

grafik.thumb.png.e1ea83b45afca8e7bf60f899258f2abf.png

(that won't work on Linux or better speaking Unraid)

I'm not that often on Discord, what is the second link?

i ask in emperor discord

second link

FROM ubuntu:21.04
MAINTAINER Daniel van Rijn <danielvanrijn@outlook.com>

ENV DEBIAN_FRONTEND noninteractive
ENV SERVER_MANAGER_DIR /acc-server-manager

RUN apt -y update && apt -y install gettext-base wine64-development wine-development libwine-development libwine-development-dev
ENV WINEARCH=win64

ADD acc-server-manager ${SERVER_MANAGER_DIR}/acc-server-manager
ADD OSM.License ${SERVER_MANAGER_DIR}/OSM.License

RUN chmod +x ${SERVER_MANAGER_DIR}/acc-server-manager ${SERVER_MANAGER_DIR}/acc-server-manager

WORKDIR ${SERVER_MANAGER_DIR}

ENTRYPOINT [ "/bin/sh", "-c", "./acc-server-manager"]

Please let me know if this isn't close enough to the topic of this thread.

I'm trying to setup a minecraft server from my unraid server. I currently have it accessable locally (LAN) but cannot access it externally (WAN). I've have looked over my port forwarding settings enough to go cross-eyed.

My question is, when forwarding a port to a game server on an unraid server is there something unique about that type of port forward? From my router, I'm forwarding port 25565 to 192.168.0.8 (my unraid server). The docker container is setup as Bridge thereby making the port mapping show as 172.17.0.2:25565 <-> 192.168.0.8:25565. 

4 minutes ago, PiZZA S4UC3 said:

From my router, I'm forwarding port 25565 to 192.168.0.8 (my unraid server).

Exactly.

Don‘t know what your router settings look like but make sure that you create a roule from WAN:25565 <-> 192.168.0.8:25565 (TCP)

That should be it. Do you have other services available from the Internet?

Is it maybe possible that your ISP blocks certain ports?

Have you yet tried to connect to the server from outside your network?

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

Exactly.

Don‘t know what your router settings look like but make sure that you create a roule from WAN:25565 <-> 192.168.0.8:25565 (TCP)

That should be it. Do you have other services available from the Internet?

Is it maybe possible that your ISP blocks certain ports?

Have you yet tried to connect to the server from outside your network?

I've attached a screenshot of my router settings for the port forwarding as well as a screenshot of my containers.

I included the plex info because I am able to access it externally.

I am testing the external access to the minecraft server over a hotspot.

Taking a deeper look into my ISP to see if that could be the issue.

chrome_CuvAXrsxpd.png

chrome_1yw4JnukbT.png

2 hours ago, PiZZA S4UC3 said:

plex

Plex is not the best example because they can use a relay server if they detect that you are behind a CG-NAT for example.

I am testing the external access to the minecraft server over a hotspot.

Seems right to me, but I would recommend that you only forward the appropriate protocal, in this case it‘s TCP.

Taking a deeper look into my ISP to see if that could be the issue.

Please let me know if you get it to work.