[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I'm getting the following error when trying to launch the ARK server.  So far it seems like im only getting this error for Ark. Not sure if its related but I was having all sorts of trouble trying to get the settings right as well. I know some people can post a daignostic page but im unsure how to do that, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Screenshot 2022-03-25 140448.jpg

8 minutes ago, Nazrai said:

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I'm getting the following error when trying to launch the ARK server. 

Please post your docker run command, there you will see the error (please follow the link from docker run and you will get a tutorial on how to get the output).

You should also double check if it says failed or if it was successful.

Most of the times it's a port that's already in use by another container.

36 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please post your docker run command, there you will see the error (please follow the link from docker run and you will get a tutorial on how to get the output).

You should also double check if it says failed or if it was successful.

Most of the times it's a port that's already in use by another container.

I was able to get one going....All i changed was the interface from bridge to br0

18 hours ago, ich777 said:

Plex is not the best example because they can use a relay server if they detect that you are behind a CG-NAT for example.

Ahh, okay, that seems to be how plex is getting through.

Seems right to me, but I would recommend that you only forward the appropriate protocal, in this case it‘s TCP.

Good to note.

Please let me know if you get it to work.

I have gotten it to work, it appears the issue was with my changes not updating for port forwarding. Simply needed to restart my equipment.

Thanks for your time (also for making all of the containers I see attributed to your name!) 

Edited by PiZZA S4UC3
Mistakes
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Nazrai said:

I believe maybe my satisfactory game uses that port.

And thats the reason why it works on br0 but not in bridge mode.

With br0 the container has a dedicated IP and all ports are reachable wothout any forwading (the forwarding in the template isn’t necessare in this mode) in your local network where in bridge mode it uses the hosts IP with the assigned ports in the template.

Hey Ich!! Another question. I needed to change my port in Ark so it doesnt conflict with satisfactory but now It is showing with the incorrect name in the server list and wont let me connect. I have a feeling that I'm using the wrong parameters for th edefault port.....Could you help me out? What info do you need?

13 minutes ago, Nazrai said:

Hey Ich!! Another question. I needed to change my port in Ark so it doesnt conflict with satisfactory but now It is showing with the incorrect name in the server list and wont let me connect. I have a feeling that I'm using the wrong parameters for th edefault port.....Could you help me out? What info do you need?

image.thumb.png.cf7c3e7013aa2e36506b2dd9e7327d5d.pngIts not recognizing the 7778 port for ARKSEISLE

13 minutes ago, Nazrai said:

Its not recognizing the 7778 port for ARKSEISLE

Please add a full screenshot from your Docker template.

From what I see in your screenshot you haven‘t specified a container port, have you changed the port in your game configuration file too?

1 minute ago, Nazrai said:

I got it looking better i think

Do you want to change the ports from AKR nor or Satisfactory?

Why do you use Host for Satisfactory?

Please tell me first what you want to do exactly and which container should have which port, please read the description again from the container, a simple change from the port won't work.

You have to change the port first in the configuration file (make sure you stop the container first), then delete the old port in the container and create a new entry with the Container and Host port the same, then start the container again.

image.thumb.png.cfc2782ff60f15aee61fc8cfcbf2371f.png