[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers


Recommended Posts

Is there any possibility that the AssettoCorsa image could be updated to support key managed server creation like what was done with the image for The Forest (so that those of us with Steam Guard turned on can use it) or is it not possible with that game?

Link to comment
29 minutes ago, projektdotnet said:

Is there any possibility that the AssettoCorsa image could be updated to support key managed server creation like what was done with the image

No, because these are two different things.

 

The developers from AssettoCorsa made it necessary to provide Steam credentials from a Steam account with the game in the library to even download the dedicated server for AssettoCorsa where this requirement isn't there for The Forest.

 

You have to ask the developers from AssettoCorsa to allow anonymous downloads from the AssettoCorsa dedicated server.

 

image.thumb.png.5184bce5e8f42bf55ca9a40d3a1942e0.png

 

image.thumb.png.c3564916f24bfd7c8ca8bdc80cd7e9ff.png

 

Hope that makes sense.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment

Hello, I have a problem with the MineraftBasicServer Docker.
The Version of the BasicJRE is not recent enough. In the following picture you see the folder with the version number "1.8.0_261" but as you see in the logs, i need at least version "1.8.0_322". So can you help me update it manually, or is it a problem that I cannot do someting about?
For context: I want to host a Valhelsia 3-3.5.1 Modpack Server

grafik.png.d023e5079c1e65ff4c75db2b79a024f7.png

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Do you need Java 8 or something more recent? Won't "jre11" work?

No, I have tried it. Right now I had an big brain idea. I downloaded the newest Version of linux and opened it with 7zip. So I put the folder in the runtime folder, this time "jre1.8.0_333" and I thought, I won. But after I start the docker, it removes the folder I put in and it downloads the older version. Now I have depression.

Edited by Mammutor
Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Mammutor said:

I downloaded the newest Version of linux and opened it with 7zip. So I put the folder in the runtime folder, this time "jre1.8.0_333" and I thought, I won.

From where did you downloaded it? Can you give me the link and I will fix this.

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Mammutor said:

i downloaded there the "Linux x64". it wars a .tar.gz and after i opened it there was a .tar and after i opened it there was the folder, just like the one downloaded by the docker.

Container is updated, I would strongly recommend that you remove the entire container from Unraid, remove the minecraftbasicserver folder from your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

 

If you don't do this you have to at least update the container itself!

Link to comment
24 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Container is updated, I would strongly recommend that you remove the entire container from Unraid, remove the minecraftbasicserver folder from your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

 

If you don't do this you have to at least update the container itself!

I did it like you siad and know it is working perfectly, thank you very much! I would like to donate for your amazing and fast job. You earned it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 4/30/2022 at 1:49 PM, ich777 said:

The latest release that I see is 0.11.8.9 (see here) on GitHub

Hi again,

 

There is a new version available for 1.4 on that repository, but based on what I can see, the container needs to be updated to support the new version, as the tModLoader server works differently in the 1.4 version compared to 1.3. Might be worth your while to take a look at

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, BellyMeister said:

There is a new version available for 1.4 on that repository

Can you point me to the release (link)?

 

From what I see 1.3 is currently stabel or is this wrong:

Quote

A mod to make and play Terraria mods. Supports Terraria 1.4 installations - TML itself is 1.3 Terraria currently

 

Link to comment
28 minutes ago, BellyMeister said:

This is the exact version what the container should pull... :)

The container pulls always the release that is marked as "Latest".

 

Could you look into the terraria folder that is located in your appdata directory, there should be a file called "tmodloader_VERSION" where VERSION should be the tag that it pulled.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is the exact version what the container should pull... :)

The container pulls always the release that is marked as "Latest".

 

Could you look into the terraria folder that is located in your appdata directory, there should be a file called "tmodloader_VERSION" where VERSION should be the tag that it pulled.

I couldn't find any such file, but starting the server and looking at the logs gave me this

 

Terraria Server v1.3.5.3 - tModLoader v0.11.8.9

Attached container settings

tModLoader config.png

 

I just took another look, turns out I'm blind. There's a file here called tmodloader_2022.04.62.6.

Edited by BellyMeister
I'm a dumbass
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, BellyMeister said:
Terraria Server v1.3.5.3 - tModLoader v0.11.8.9

Where did you get this from?

Is this a fresh installed server or was it running before that update.

 

Please keep in mind that the Terraria Server version is always reportded wrong.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Where did you get this from?

Is this a fresh installed server or was it running before that update.

 

Please keep in mind that the Terraria Server version is always reportded wrong.

Installed it saturday.

 

To get this, i started the server, and then went to the container > logs. When the server is up and running, this will be near the bottom.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, BellyMeister said:

Installed it saturday.

 

To get this, i started the server, and then went to the container > logs. When the server is up and running, this will be near the bottom.

Nice, the developers changed again something, I will drop support for tModLoader.

They change once every year something that breaks my container and I really wan't to support this anymore.

Link to comment
Just now, ich777 said:

Nice, the developers changed again something, I will drop support for tModLoader.

They change once every year something that breaks my container and I really wan't to support this anymore.

Nooooo );

 

Really enjoyed your containers so far, as someone who's too stupid to make my own 😅

Link to comment
Just now, BellyMeister said:

Nooooo );

Sorry but it is really frustrating because they change every year something that breaks my whole container and now I have to build it from the ground up.

Terraria is also terrible because they have no API or no way of checking which is the latest game version so that I said a many pages back the next time it will break I deprecate the container that fails and the first one is tModLoader.

Sorry...

 

2 minutes ago, BellyMeister said:

Really enjoyed your containers so far, as someone who's too stupid to make my own 😅

Really much appreciated but I won't support Terraria tModLoader any longer...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, ich777 said:

No, because these are two different things.

 

The developers from AssettoCorsa made it necessary to provide Steam credentials from a Steam account with the game in the library to even download the dedicated server for AssettoCorsa where this requirement isn't there for The Forest.

 

You have to ask the developers from AssettoCorsa to allow anonymous downloads from the AssettoCorsa dedicated server.

 

Hope that makes sense.

 

Ok, I had a feeling that there was a reason it wasn't done already, thanks for the info.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hello @ich777

I'm currently using the Project Zomboid container and I'm trying to edit /mnt/cache/appdata/projectzomboid/ProjectZomboid64.json with a custom -Xmx memory value.  However I have noticed at every container startup or restart, ProjectZomboid64.json file is overwritten back to its default settings.  Any thoughts on how to go about retaining the custom settings or preventing the json file from being overwritten?  Thanks.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, SKGuru00 said:

However I have noticed at every container startup or restart, ProjectZomboid64.json file is overwritten back to its default settings.

Do you have the variable Validation set to true?

Can you provide any logs?

Link to comment

space engineers, seems to be available as docker container, 

 

mmmaxwwwell/space-engineers-dedicated-docker-linux: Space Engineers Dedicated Server running in Docker for Linux (github.com)

 

is it spossible to add this server to your list?

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.