[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

47 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please upgrade to 6.10.3 and the issue will disappear.

You maybe have to delete the container and the directory for the container once and pull a fresh copy from the CA App after upgrading.

I'd like to just pull the trigger on that, sounds good.

But I'm very concerned since I've never upgraded UnRaid once before and there's also this (my post) and this (my dockers).

What are the chances I update UnRaid and NOTHING goes wrong with any of my dockers / VMs / OS config / etc?

17 minutes ago, belch85 said:

What are the chances I update UnRaid and NOTHING goes wrong with any of my dockers / VMs / OS config / etc?

Very high…

Just make sure you update all your Plugins and Dockers first before you go to the Tools -> Update OS menu and actually click upgrade.

I don‘t much about those Dell servers because I simply don‘t like them because Dell and also HP are a little different in locking down their server hardware BIOS…

Some even need a special boot argument so that these servers even boot such OSs like unRAID.

Also keep in mind you can go always back to the previous version by copying the bz* and changes.txt files back from the previous folder to the root folder from your USB boot device.

Keep in mind if you have the Nvidia Driver installed that you may need a active internet connection on boot to download the newer driver and since you are running AdGuard on your server I think that wont work unless you configure your routers DNS server or some other DNS server in the Network settings from unRAID itself <- I strongly recommend you do this since the Server itself should always have full access to the Internet without any AdBlocking software infront of it.

So there looks like there is something wrong with the startup sequence in the container, every time I start it I get this:

---Update Check for Valheim enabled, running automatically every 60 minutes.---
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 3 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

Then subsequent messages are ok, however the next message does not happen for 60 min.

Maybe there needs to be a check and wait for the S_API to be fully initialised before continuing on.

Edited by exist2resist
1 hour ago, exist2resist said:

Then subsequent messages are ok, however the next message does not happen for 60 min.

This is nothing to worry about and there is also nothing I can do about this message because this is caused by the game engine and this message is produced by most dedicated game servers.

Do you have any issue with the container? As said above the container is working fine.

EDIT: BTW the SteamAPI is definitely working because otherwise you won't find the game server in the Steam Server Browser what is definitely working.

You can also install a CS:GO or CS:Source server and the message will be there too but you won't notice it because this message is in between many other lines, the line just pops into the eye because it's the last line that it is output in the Valheim log, where on other game servers as mentioned above this line is somewhere in between.

33 minutes ago, ich777 said:

EDIT: BTW the SteamAPI is definitely working because otherwise you won't find the game server in the Steam Server Browser what is definitely working.

Yes I can access the server directly via IP, local lan, and public wan, and add it in Steam interface to the favorite server list, however it does not advertise the server in the Valheim server list.
Not sure how that works, I did set the flag to do so. 

Also the container app description mentions you can ran multiple servers of the same flavor, is that multiple servers inside the same container, or multiple containers?

Edited by exist2resist
16 minutes ago, exist2resist said:

however it does not advertise the server in the Valheim server list.

This is nothing I can control and was discussed here often times for Valheim and also for V-Rising (both use Unity as the engine).

Since these two games are extremely popular so many servers need to be advertised on the main server list that their servers can't keep up and list everything as it should be.

You can test this also for yourself and this was confirmed by multiple people by restarting the container and wait a bit, go to the servers list and wait again for a bit until the servers are fetched and search for your server, if it isn't there exit the game entirely, start the game again and go to the servers list again and maybe it will pop up <- this is also an issue that is out of my control...

20 minutes ago, exist2resist said:

Also the container app description mentions you can ran multiple servers of the same flavor, is that multiple servers inside the same container, or multiple containers?

Where does it say that in the description? It only says that you can multiple servers (better speaking game server containers) with only one SteamCMD directory.

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is nothing I can control and was discussed here often times for Valheim and also for V-Rising (both use Unity as the engine).

Since these two games are extremely popular so many servers need to be advertised on the main server list that their servers can't keep up and list everything as it should be.

You can test this also for yourself and this was confirmed by multiple people by restarting the container and wait a bit, go to the servers list and wait again for a bit until the servers are fetched and search for your server, if it isn't there exit the game entirely, start the game again and go to the servers list again and maybe it will pop up <- this is also an issue that is out of my control...

Where does it say that in the description? It only says that you can multiple servers (better speaking game server containers) with only one SteamCMD directory.

Ahh gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. 

Yeah I must have misunderstood that bit about the server directory, was curious.  Also at the end of the day I can spin up a second container which is not a big deal. 

Thanks for your help. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, exist2resist said:

So in Valheim I added the `-console` switch in the `GAME_PARAMS` variable

Why would you do that on the server side…

You have to do that on the client.

17 minutes ago, exist2resist said:

Steam ID to the admin..txt file

If you have done this the admin commands should work correctly as long as you pass over the -console argument to the client.

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to see if there is a command list/how to for this docker, Minecraft Bedrock Edition. My son set it up and doesn't remember much about the setup and it doesn't appear to be updating, being stuck on 1.19.11 so my family is unable to access it currently. Is there an update, or another way to update the server for us? Thanks.

Edited by unraid_countryguy
8 hours ago, unraid_countryguy said:

Is there an update, or another way to update the server for us? Thanks.

Restart the container and it should update itself as mentioned in the description from the container.

If it doesn‘t update itself please post a screenshot from your container template and also the log output.

1 hour ago, unraid_countryguy said:

image.thumb.png.c7f66280c0a45244d3a0fd6909b54ef6.png

This is really strange since my server sits on version 1.19.20.02

Do you have any AdBlocking software somewhere on your network?

I think you can open this file from your network or am I wrong: Click

The container checks this file on every restart if there was a version change and compares that against the installed version.

Can you also please post a screenshot from your root game directory for Minecraft Bedrock?

Here is a screenshot from my container:

grafik.thumb.png.838a6e0fbcabe88e99f4314dc12bd1ca.png

48 minutes ago, unraid_countryguy said:

bedrock-server-1.19.20.02.installed

Please stop the container and rename the file to match your version and it should pull the update after you start the container again.

I really can‘t tell what is going on here…

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please stop the container and rename the file to match your version and it should pull the update after you start the container again.

I really can‘t tell what is going on here…

That seems to have worked, not sure how it updated the filename but didn't actually update game. Thank you for your assistance, much appreciated.

• Like 1

Is there any way I can roll back the 7DtD version on my server to 20.5? I've been away for a couple of weeks and when I've come back and tried to start my server up again I'm getting a message saying that I have 'Alpha 20.5' and my server has 'Alpha 20.6'  - I didn't realise it would update automatically but it appears to have done!?!?

I'm using the docker container but running Undead Legacy on it so need to keep the version as 20.5.

Thanks..