[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

5 minutes ago, dlchamp said:

Have any idea how I could clear that cache?  Restarting the game and refreshing the server list didn't work.

Not really.

Have you yet tried to change the password and see if this setting is applied correctly?

1 minute ago, dlchamp said:

I did.  No change.

Then something is definitely wrong with the mapping and from where the files are read, please double check the paths.

I really can't help any further because I've now tried it multiple times on my server and it is working as expected.

14 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Then something is definitely wrong with the mapping and from where the files are read, please double check the paths.

I really can't help any further because I've now tried it multiple times on my server and it is working as expected.

image.png.90b8cbdcd252e810707fe77f1b408b73.png

I'm at a loss as well.  Many containers have been set up over the years, some of your other game servers as well, but none have given me as much trouble.  🤷‍♂️

Thanks for your time.

Hey just wondering if I access the server from the logs or terminal? I am trying to run the Arma 3 docker and when I access the logs it will run through its course but then suddenly close out and restart sometime after "SteamAPI...OK" . I am not sure why, but my second question is if these logs are saved anywhere I can check...?

12 minutes ago, GREASEF1RE said:

Arma 3 docker and when I access the logs it will run through its course but then suddenly close out and restart sometime after "SteamAPI...OK" . I am not sure why, but my second question is if these logs are saved anywhere I can check...?

This means that the container is looping because it is crashing, can you please upload a screenshot from your Docker template?

On what hardware do you run the container?

22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This means that the container is looping because it is crashing, can you please upload a screenshot from your Docker template?

On what hardware do you run the container?

Thanks for the quick response. All the settings are default except for login information. As a side note I have yet to port-forward anything yet I just wanted to test it first.

MOBO: ASRock B450 Pro4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core @ 3600 MHz

RAM: 48gb DDR4

Storage: 12tb HDD, 1TB SSD (cache)

edit: I did catch one error before the log closes out on me,

15:49:56 Could not enable linux core dumps. Error 1 - ����6
15:49:56 SteamAPI initialization failed. Steam features won't be accessible!
15:49:56 Initializing stats manager.
sh: 1: /sbin/ifconfig: not found

image.png

image.png

Edited by GREASEF1RE
1 hour ago, GREASEF1RE said:

edit: I did catch one error before the log closes out on me,

You can always stop the container and open the Log afterwards so that it doesn't close itself the whole time.

1 hour ago, GREASEF1RE said:

Thanks for the quick response. All the settings are default except for login information. As a side note I have yet to port-forward anything yet I just wanted to test it first.

Please click on "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device", select "Variable" from the drop down, at Key type in "FORCE_X86", at Value "true" (both without double quotes), click on Add, scroll down to the bottom and click "Apply".

Let me know after you've added this if it still loops.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please click on "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device", select "Variable" from the drop down, at Key type in "FORCE_X86", at Value "true" (both without double quotes), click on Add, scroll down to the bottom and click "Apply".

Let me know after you've added this if it still loops.

Alright, we're one step forward, ty! It doesn't keep restarting and looping, but a new problem has arisen. It now gets stuck at:

Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(arma3server)/version(1.0)/tid(107)

I don't know if it is genuinely installing something and I remembered in the original post of the docker you did mention it takes a bit for first time install, but when I googled that line it seems there are others who end up getting stuck on it. However those other cases I don't think are necessarily server setups, so I wanted to ask if you have run into this one before?

2 hours ago, GREASEF1RE said:

Alright, we're one step forward, ty! It doesn't keep restarting and looping, but a new problem has arisen. It now gets stuck at:

This is nothing to worry about and is the default message after the server has started.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is nothing to worry about and is the default message after the server has started.

Okay, is there a tell-tale message in the logs the server is up? Should I be able to input commands through the logs? I am not able to test the server via the actual game at the moment nor are any inputs in the log getting a reply, but aside from that last line of code I sent there were a few others new lines. Thanks!

5 hours ago, GREASEF1RE said:

Okay, is there a tell-tale message in the logs the server is up?

Can you please share a bit more information on that, the full log would be helpful.

Should I be able to input commands through the logs?

No, because it's a log.

I am not able to test the server via the actual game at the moment nor are any inputs in the log getting a reply

How do you try to connect?

but aside from that last line of code I sent there were a few others new lines.

Which ones? It would be really helpful if you post the full log.

15 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you please share a bit more information on that, the full log would be helpful.

No, because it's a log.

How do you try to connect?

Which ones? It would be really helpful if you post the full log.

Disregard all that, I have got it to work now. Thank you. My next question is where can I allocate the amount of resources (RAM, CPU etc.) go into the server? Also how do I access the SteamCMD CLI for installing workshop mods directly to the server? Tyty!

Edited by GREASEF1RE

Anyone thoughts on this - Had my 7dtd container working fine for awhile. replaced some drives and was starting fresh now no matter what i have done i always end up here 

---Prepare Server---
---Moving SaveGameFolder location---
---Savegame location found---
---Moving UserDataFolder location---
---UserDataFolder location found---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Found path: /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64

Then nothing logs stop there 

13 hours ago, Lolzoll said:

but i have come across some problems i have no idea on how to solve.

What is the exact error that you are encountering? I can't see an issue from the logs, the dedicated server is running and waiting for connections, but it seems that it only listens with your internal IP since it can't connect with the outside world.

10 hours ago, GREASEF1RE said:

My next question is where can I allocate the amount of resources (RAM, CPU etc.) go into the server?

You can do all of that in the Docker template, just enable the Advanced View in the top right corner after that you can assign cores to the container and limit the RAM.

CPU Pinning should be pretty obvious:

grafik.png.42c63ebf85ce7c516392e229ff971237.png

You can limit the memory that a Docker container can use with this parameter:

--memory=4g

you have to put this parameter here:

grafik.png.2e252bd23977784df1db1dbbfcaefd18.png

The above example will limit the Docker container to use only 4GB of RAM, but I would strongly recommend to not limit RAM usage because you will most likely cause crashes from your game server.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

What is the exact error that you are encountering? I can't see an issue from the logs, the dedicated server is running and waiting for connections, but it seems that it only listens with your internal IP since it can't connect with the outside world.

turns out im just an idiot that can't join the server correctly and it is working perfectly fine. Anyways thanks for the reply

• Like 1
18 hours ago, ich777 said:

@Spectral Force is this expected behaviour? Have you ever seen this?

I would also recommend that you join @Spectral Force's Discord server for 7DtD help because he helps me out with it since I'm really not familiar with the game: https://discord.gg/VwwYA5h

Thanks i popped in and got help seems PEBKAC error This is working as intended.  New to Docker So lesson learned make sure its actually not working  That is the final log line when server is launched 

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, ich777 said:

@Spectral Force is this expected behaviour? Have you ever seen this?

I would also recommend that you join @Spectral Force's Discord server for 7DtD help because he helps me out with it since I'm really not familiar with the game: https://discord.gg/VwwYA5h

I recommend using my tutorial https://7dac.net/a-guide-on-how-to-install-ich777s-container-docker-on-an-unraid-server/

• Like 1

I only recently got back into V Rising and decided to spin up my own server via a docker container.

When playing, I get occasional micro stutters. The stutters are noticeably worse after about 24 hours of up time.

I'm the only one on this server at the moment. This doesn't happen when I'm playing on a friends hosted server. Is there some sort of special resources setup I should be doing for this docker?

I'm using a Ryzen 3900x with 64gb of 3200mhz memory. My CPU usage doesn't appear to go over 15% when I'm logged into the server.

It has a Raid 1 cache drive setup with two 970 Evo Plus drives, which house my docker appdata folder. These are 85% empty.

I do have several other docker containers running on the same machine, but none of them are game servers and appear to use very few resources.

Edited by Celsian
4 hours ago, Celsian said:

This doesn't happen when I'm playing on a friends hosted server.

Are these friends hosted servers also dedicated servers or do they host that directly in the game?

4 hours ago, Celsian said:

Is there some sort of special resources setup I should be doing for this docker?

I don't play the game anymore because I simply have no time playing games currently but I didn't noticed micro stutters.

You don't have to do anything special and I can't really think why you would experience micro stutters because only of the game server and TBH you are the first one who reported that and I've even never heard of that that a dedicated server is causing this.

Maybe report it on the V-Rising Discord or support forums, maybe it has to do with the latest update but I really don't think that it is caused by that. Oh and it is a simple dedicated server running in a Docker container, I do nothing special in the container and it is almost the same as if you run the dedicated server on bare metal.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Are these friends hosted servers also dedicated servers or do they host that directly in the game?

I don't play the game anymore because I simply have no time playing games currently but I didn't noticed micro stutters.

You don't have to do anything special and I can't really think why you would experience micro stutters because only of the game server and TBH you are the first one who reported that and I've even never heard of that that a dedicated server is causing this.

Maybe report it on the V-Rising Discord or support forums, maybe it has to do with the latest update but I really don't think that it is caused by that. Oh and it is a simple dedicated server running in a Docker container, I do nothing special in the container and it is almost the same as if you run the dedicated server on bare metal.

Thank you for the response, it seems to be better today after I restarted the container. Maybe something funky was going on. I'll keep an eye on it and ask there if it comes back.

12 minutes ago, Celsian said:

Maybe something funky was going on. I'll keep an eye on it and ask there if it comes back.

As said, there is nothing I could do about that since this seems to be related to the dedicated server itself and not the container as the container behaves almost the same as if you run it on bare metal.