[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Sure that you got the jar file in the right directory on the server?

It points to '/mnt/disk1/poseidon/pepsl'.

The container simply can't find the jar file that you specified, can you please try to reinstall all with the default settings and change then everything step by step?

This must be simply a configuration error, on my server it works like it should.

When I point it towards the standard server jar that comes with the container it works fine, but when I point it to the spigot-1.15.1 jar in the exact same folder it does that.

1 minute ago, mxbepis said:

I do, but I couldn't figure out how to access it from my pc, so I just opted into running it on my drive.

Go to shares click on appdata and at the bottom is how you want to connect to the share.

I would strongly recommend you to just delete all from the minecraft container, even in the appdata folder and start over new with a fresh copy from the CA App.

Try it with the appdata directory...

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Go to shares click on appdata and at the bottom is how you want to connect to the share.

I would strongly recommend you to just delete all from the minecraft container, even in the appdata folder and start over new with a fresh copy from the CA App.

Try it with the appdata directory...

Alright, I will try that. Thank you for trying to help.

EDIT: running the server from the cache drive worked.

Edited by mxbepis
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, pmcnano said:

Hello @ich777, just wanted to let you know that your Mindustry Docker is trying to pull the java tar from your minecraft repo, which doesn't have the file anymore :).

I just downloaded it manual and untar it and got it working, but just wanted to let you know.

Thank you! New corrected container is in the next few minutes available. ;)

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Thank you! New corrected container is in the next few minutes available. ;)

You are must welcome! Happy new year.

Edit- Sorry to be a pain, but it still not working. The "basicjre.gzip.tar" extracts a "jre1.8.0_231" folder, and it's trying to find the java bin in the "basicjre" folder.  Again, I just fixed it by renaming the folder.

Pushed a PR in your repo.

Edited by pmcnano
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, pmcnano said:

You are must welcome! Happy new year.

Edit- Sorry to be a pain, but it still not working. The "basicjre.gzip.tar" extracts a "jre1.8.0_231" folder, and it's trying to find the java bin in the "basicjre" folder.  Again, I just fixed it by renaming the folder.

Pushed a PR in your repo.

Yep forgot one line... :P

Should be now working fine... ;)

4 hours ago, Newtious said:

is farming simulator 19 server docker a possibility?

Not exactly sure because this is a windows game i could try it with WINE but keep in mind that you need also a copy for from the game for the dedicated server and also i think you must buy this copy directly from GIANTS Software.

The other thing is that i only own v2015 and v2013 and since you need a extra physical copy of the game i don't think that's an easy task.

Edited by ich777
On 12/30/2019 at 12:05 PM, ich777 said:

In the template, try to change the path to the appdata directory from: '/mnt/cache/minecraftbasicserver' to '/mnt/user/minecraftbasicserver', i think that's the main problem introduced in 6.8.0...

Yes, just make download 'CA Backup / Restore Appdata' from the CA App and create a backup plan (also you can select at the bottom of the settings from the plugin (Show Advanced Settings) to not stop the container when the backup is running.

Or you also can do it with the 'User Scripts' to set a custom chrone job.

Thanks so much this works wonderfully.

However, I have some questions. Backing up a Minecraft Bedrock server while it is running is known as dangerous, so I opt to have the docker quit when the CA Backup creates a backup. However, when checking the server log, it doesn't look like stopping the docker quits the Minecraft Bedrock server properly. Do the logs not show this? Usually shutting down the Minecraft Bedrock server consists of typing 'stop' into the console. Is there a way to solve this easily?

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, sunny01331 said:

However, I have some questions. Backing up a Minecraft Bedrock server while it is running is known as dangerous, so I opt to have the docker quit when the CA Backup creates a backup. However, when checking the server log, it doesn't look like stopping the docker quits the Minecraft Bedrock server properly. Do the logs not show this? Usually shutting down the Minecraft Bedrock server consists of typing 'stop' into the console. Is there a way to solve this easily?

Thanks!

On windows this is quiet risky yes, but i've never experienced a problem backing up my servers even when there are players on it.

The bedrock server should get the signal that the container or better speaking the os is shutting down and the server will stop the usual way but not with the 'stop' or 'quit' command like it's done manually...

16 minutes ago, ich777 said:

On windows this is quiet risky yes, but i've never experienced a problem backing up my servers even when there are players on it.

The bedrock server should get the signal that the container or better speaking the os is shutting down and the server will stop the usual way but not with the 'stop' or 'quit' command like it's done manually...

Okay. Good to know. I'll leave it as is and see how it works! Thanks for the quick replies. 

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, sunny01331 said:

Thanks!

I don't use Bedrock edition, but a mod that the modpacks I play use is called Aroma Backup. It auto backups incrementally. You would have to check to see if that mod can be used with the Bedrock edition. But you could use that as a backup and then if you wanted to you could even backup the backup file. Just a suggestion. :)

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Dan0308 said:

I'm not too sure why this isn't allowed to access the java file.

http://prntscr.com/qjs51p

Seems like a permission issue, can you post a image from your configuration in unraid and a picture from the minecraft folder in your appdata directory and also a picture from the runtimes folder inside your minecraft directory?

Edited by ich777
4 hours ago, GreatKhan19 said:

hey @ich777 i love your minecraft docker it works amazing, i was wondering if you could look into making one for Call of Duty: World at War. That would be awesome if possible, thanks a lot for all the ones you have already made and all the hard work you put into making them!!

Thank you appreciate it.

Should be doable from my quick research (not sure if there is a pure linux dedicated server but i will further investigate).

Please give me a few weeks, i've been updating all my containers with a new baseimage and clean up the code a little bit (really big task with that many containers...), that's the first thing to do on my todo list. ;)

I'm having a hell of a time getting 7 Days to Die running properly. I can't access the web admin panel for the game (port is open), and if I modify the config file manually it saves until the docker restarts, and then it overwrites to the default settings (i.e. server name, password, etc.). Any suggestions/ideas on how to get this running properly?

1 hour ago, thunderclap said:

I'm having a hell of a time getting 7 Days to Die running properly. I can't access the web admin panel for the game (port is open), and if I modify the config file manually it saves until the docker restarts, and then it overwrites to the default settings (i.e. server name, password, etc.). Any suggestions/ideas on how to get this running properly?

This should not happen. What exactly did you change? And did it overwrite it the confg everytime you restart the container?

Eventually hook me up with a PM what you exactly change and i will look into it. ;)

It should run perfectly fine since its downloaded about 15.000 times.

Since i don't own the game i can't tell how to access the web admin panel (it was only tested if you can connect to it from 'outside' to the game from the requester - please understand that it's always hard to make a container for games that i don't personally own).