[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

20 minutes ago, noax said:

I've been trying to log with local server IP and nothing...

Do you have a screenshot or something?

Do you use the default bridge or the physical interface?

20 minutes ago, noax said:

When I add it to favorite, it only shows IP and port, not the name of the server

Can you please post a screenshot how that looks like please?

Did you change something else?

Are you using a password? If yes, please avaid special characters.

Hello, first of all thank you very much for the development and all the tutorial/support, it was very simple to install, configure and use. I made a 7dtd server 20 days ago and this week the map had a rendering error, could you help me solve this problem without losing the server data?

Erro.thumb.jpg.c8875fad3acc3c88d3bc0a1648a5ca06.jpg

imagem_2024-05-19_164249970.thumb.png.541be19582e7a9b036b0a30e79948df4.png

output_log (1).txt

20 hours ago, ich777 said:

That shouldn‘t matter and ther shouldn‘t be a memory leak at all, please try to run the server as is and see if it really leaks memory.

But please do keep in mind that the more players are connected to your server the more RAM it will consume.

I‘ve never had any issues with the container since it should free up memory that isn‘t necessary any more on it‘s own.

I had this message also in my log but my container was running for weeks.

That sounds good.  I saw the error in the log but I do see on the container it is staying at a low memory usage.  It may be my server that’s from 2016 I think.  I wanted to eliminate the error before testing that, but if you had that error I will move on to other testing. Thank you for the help.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Cauan said:

this week the map had a rendering error, could you help me solve this problem without losing the server data?

Unfortunately not because these messages are always in the logs and maybe you noticed it for the first time because you where troubleshooting.

On a dedicated server these messages are normal because the dedicated server does not ship with any of the graphics assets nor does any actual rendering happen on the dedicated server because it only transmits data back and forth and is responsible for calculation form various things that happen on the server.

You have to check in your client for any issues since the rending is only done on the client itself.

Maybe try to validate your game files on your local machine (client) or look if you have any other issues with the hardware itself.

The dedicated server is working fine from what I can see in your logs.

• Like 1

Hi! I want to say a big thank you for all the work you have done getting these games working in Docker on Unraid. I recently noticed with American Truck Simulator/Euro Truck Simulator SCS did an update to version 1.5 which now requires libatomic libraries as well as FMOD library files. There is a workaround for FMOD libraries but I was wondering how I can get libatomic to work since that seems to be missing or if you have any idea about these new requirements?

3 hours ago, ShadowFoxBiH said:

requires libatomic libraries as well as FMOD library files

Thank you for the report and the heads up! :)

Both containers are now updated and should work again.

Please update the containers by clicking force update on the Docker page.

19 hours ago, ich777 said:

Unfortunately not because these messages are always in the logs and maybe you noticed it for the first time because you where troubleshooting.

On a dedicated server these messages are normal because the dedicated server does not ship with any of the graphics assets nor does any actual rendering happen on the dedicated server because it only transmits data back and forth and is responsible for calculation form various things that happen on the server.

You have to check in your client for any issues since the rending is only done on the client itself.

Maybe try to validate your game files on your local machine (client) or look if you have any other issues with the hardware itself.

The dedicated server is working fine from what I can see in your logs.

I don't think it's with the client because the same error happened for all the players on the server, even so i tried to validate the files and even reinstalled my client but the problem continued :( 

3 hours ago, Cauan said:

I don't think it's with the client because the same error happened for all the players on the server, even so i tried to validate the files and even reinstalled my client but the problem continued :( 

I would recommend that you join @Spectral Force's Discord since he helps me out with 7DtD and maybe someone over there has seen that already and knows a solution to that:

https://discord.gg/VwwYA5h

16 minutes ago, Keith Linfoot said:

How do I go about changing the automatic restart time of the docker app for Valheim by ich777, or stopping it restarting completely?  It's restarting the docker app at 0500 just now. 

The container on it's own is not restarting.

I assume you have CA Backup correct?

The behaviour is most likely caused because of CA Backup, however you should be able to disable stopping the container while taking a backup but that is a question for the CA Backup support thread. ;)

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

The container on it's own is not restarting.

I assume you have CA Backup correct?

The behaviour is most likely caused because of CA Backup, however you should be able to disable stopping the container while taking a backup but that is a question for the CA Backup support thread. ;)

Hope that helps.

Ich777, thank you for your very quick response.  Yes, I was using CA Backup, and found the options to stop it disabling the container.  

Seems to be working fine now, so thank you very much for the information.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

VRisingServer.logThe docker for V Rising crashes every 30-60 seconds and never finishes initializing the world. We had a world where the issue happened, we uninstalled the docker app and reinstalled it, and the issue persists.

Edited by SunlightPlatinum
Further explanation

I'm currently having issues getting the Abiotic Docker to function properly. When I install the Docker I change, the Server Name & Password. I set the Network type to Host. I then start the server. It seems to just cut off in the Logs when it says Start Server and just seems to loop like this forever. I can detect the server on my Lan. I've port forwarded all the relevant ports for the Docker already as well. It doesn't seem to properly forward or use the ports as none of the used ports show up on the Docker Dashboard like the other Containers I have show the ports.
I'm not sure what else to try. Any help would be appreciated, I don't mind sending any log files if requested, just a nudge to the right directory will help.

4 hours ago, SunlightPlatinum said:

The docker for V Rising crashes every 30-60 seconds and never finishes initializing the world.

This error indicates an issue with the save game itself:

PersistenceV2 - Loading save at Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\save-data\Saves\v3\world1\AutoSave_4645.save.gz.
Load SaveData - Failed to load save at path Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\save-data\Saves\v3\world1\AutoSave_4645.save.gz. Exception: System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
  at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer (System.Int32 numBytes) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32 () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at ProjectM.RawPersistentSaveData.LoadSaveDataAtPath (System.String saveInstancePath) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at ProjectM.LoadPersistenceSystemV2.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at Unity.Entities.SystemBase.Update () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup.UpdateAllSystems () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at Unity.Entities.SystemBase.Update () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup.UpdateAllSystems () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at Unity.Entities.TimeableComponentSystemGroup.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
ProjectM.RawPersistentSaveData:LoadSaveDataAtPath(String)
ProjectM.LoadPersistenceSystemV2:OnUpdate()
Unity.Entities.SystemBase:Update()
Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup:UpdateAllSystems()
Unity.Entities.TimeableComponentSystemGroup:OnUpdate()

PersistenceV2 - Target path for loading persistence failed to load. See previous error. Path: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\save-data\Saves\v3\world1\AutoSave_4645.save.gz!

Intentionally caused fatal error
ProjectM.ServerBootstrapSystem:OnUpdate()

[ line 1104712]

It seems that your save game got corrupt somehow.

I have now tried a fresh installation on my server and it is working as expected:

grafik.thumb.png.5299a37e855c49ff09b98ebcf87ae29e.png

2 hours ago, ourty said:

I set the Network type to Host.

May I ask why? This is not necessary at all.

2 hours ago, ourty said:

It seems to just cut off in the Logs when it says Start Server and just seems to loop like this forever.

This is a indication that the container is not able to start on your system.

Have you yet tried to completely remove the container, remove the folder for abioticfactor in your appdata directory and install a copy without changing anything in the template?

2 hours ago, ourty said:

I can detect the server on my Lan.

Because it's not properly starting.

2 hours ago, ourty said:

It doesn't seem to properly forward or use the ports as none of the used ports show up on the Docker Dashboard like the other Containers I have show the ports.

This is only a display thing and pretty normal on most of my containers, if you are setting the container to Host mode then all ports from the container are exposed on the Host IP and because I don't define ports to expose in the Dockerfile nothing shows up <- keep in mind this is only a technical thing and how Docker works but the ports are available.

If you set it back to bridge (which I would strongly recommend) then you will see the port mappings again, why do you even set that to host?

I have now tried the container with the basic settings and everything is working:

grafik.thumb.png.5d4efa7d35d873f94dd7dcd579fce4dd.png

Did you change anything else in the Docker template? A screenshot would be helpful.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, ich777 said:

This error indicates an issue with the save game itself:

PersistenceV2 - Loading save at Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\save-data\Saves\v3\world1\AutoSave_4645.save.gz.
Load SaveData - Failed to load save at path Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\save-data\Saves\v3\world1\AutoSave_4645.save.gz. Exception: System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
  at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer (System.Int32 numBytes) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32 () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at ProjectM.RawPersistentSaveData.LoadSaveDataAtPath (System.String saveInstancePath) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at ProjectM.LoadPersistenceSystemV2.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at Unity.Entities.TimeableComponentSystemGroup.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
ProjectM.RawPersistentSaveData:LoadSaveDataAtPath(String)

PersistenceV2 - Target path for loading persistence failed to load. See previous error. Path: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\save-data\Saves\v3\world1\AutoSave_4645.save.gz!

Intentionally caused fatal error
ProjectM.ServerBootstrapSystem:OnUpdate()

[ line 1104712]

It seems that your save game got corrupt somehow.

I have now tried a fresh installation on my server and it is working as expected:

grafik.thumb.png.5299a37e855c49ff09b98ebcf87ae29e.png

Thank you, I did not know after deleting the docker the data persisted on the machine. So I have deleted the last autosave and was able to get in to the worl, but I am still worried about some Errors. I am getting a new error.:

new logs.txt

Edited by SunlightPlatinum
18 minutes ago, SunlightPlatinum said:

Thank you, I did not know after deleting the docker the data persisted on the machine. So I have deleted the last autosave and was able to get in to the worl, but I am still worried about some Errors. I am getting a new error.:

Not an error at all, this is on most servers in the log, can't do much about it.

11 hours ago, ich777 said:

May I ask why? This is not necessary at all.

Bridge Seemingly didn't work for one of the game servers I was trying to run with I first started using Unraid. Switching it to Host Seemingly fixed it. Truth be told I just got in the habit of using Host because of that. Checking now I can see that Bridge does seem to  work and so I have no issue leaving them on Bridge going forward.

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you yet tried to completely remove the container, remove the folder for abioticfactor in your appdata directory and install a copy without changing anything in the template?

I've deleted both folder and installed a fresh installation of the Docker. I tried it without touching anything is actually seemed to work. I changed the Server name and Password and launched it again, and it works. I can also see the server on the game's Server Browser. I Guess it was just something wrong with the initial setup of the Docker.

Thank you for your help!

• Like 1

Cant figure out what's the Problem on the avorion docker.

This looks like something is wrong with the docker.

Whatever i add in the modconfig.lua the server log say

Found 0 mods in "Zocky/Zocky/modconfig.lua"

The confusing for me, when i delete the modconfig.lua the log still say

Another problem, its not possible to add a server admin.

For admin i need to add

<administrators>
<admin name="admin" id="SteamID"/>
</administrators>

To the admin.xml

When i run the server, the admin.xml get overwritten and remove everything i added.

2 hours ago, vollekanne said:

The confusing for me, when i delete the modconfig.lua the log still say

I assume your World is named Zocky and presumable the dedicated server checks if that file is there and if there are any mods specified in the file.

2 hours ago, vollekanne said:

Another problem, its not possible to add a server admin.

Do you maybe have Validatie set to true in the template? If yes, please disable that, this will prevent that behavior.

47 minutes ago, sanbje said:

How do I perform a verification of the integrity of the files?

grafik.png.bf1d78300c0b1cb8a81f713ec6ccbb1e.png

(After validating the files please set this Variable again to nothing since this will slow down the startup from the container)

The following settings don't work for vrising:

"CastleLimit": 2,
    "NetherGateLimit": 1,
    "ThroneOfDarknessLimit": 1

But if you set them in: /VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/Settings, you're able to change those configs. I can see that the docker container copies over this file into the volume so I'm not sure if this a problem with the container or vrising itself. Directly changing the values in that file is not a problem but the issue is that the file is reset whenever vrising has an update.

1 hour ago, DevTK0 said:

The following settings don't work for vrising

Please describe a bit more in depth what you are trying to do and what you are changing where please.

The actual save data is located in .../vrising/save-data/... and not in .../vrising/VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/...

1 hour ago, DevTK0 said:

I can see that the docker container copies over this file into the volume so I'm not sure if this a problem with the container or vrising itself.

The container copies over the Settings from .../vrising/VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/... to .../vrising/save-data/... because the files in .../vrising/VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/... are the ones which ship with the V-Rising dedicated server itself, so to speak, there is nothing I can do about the files in .../vrising/VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/...

1 hour ago, DevTK0 said:

Directly changing the values in that file is not a problem but the issue is that the file is reset whenever vrising has an update.

This should not be an issue at all because the actual save path is: .../vrising/save-data/... where all the relevant Settings and save data is stored for your dedicated server.

BTW: Please also make sure that you first stop the container, edit the settings file that you want to edit and after that start the container again <- I would recommend that you do that for every game server since some will discard/revert your changes if you simply restart the container after editing setting files.