[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 hours ago, Teddybaer123 said:

I already read in this article that it's possible:

I do not think that article means what you think it means.

AFAIK, minecraft doesn't talk a language that nginx understands, it needs to have a direct server client connection, which means a unique port for each server on the same IP.

https://www.reliablesite.net/hosting-news/multiple-minecraft-servers-1-ip/

I know you didn't mention 2 servers, but the article you quoted did.

For one server, you just need to forward TCP/UDP 25565 to your server's IP, and clients on the WAN can just put your domain name in.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Teddybaer123 said:

Hi,

I am trying to route the Minecraft Server traffic through my letsencrypt reverse proxy but I just don't get it to work. I already made cnames for my domain and for my cloudflare dns but I think I am failing at the *.subdomain.conf file in the proxy-confs folder inside of nginx.

Is anyone running his/her server with an lets encrypt reverse proxy and can send or tell me what I have to set in the minecraft.subdomain.conf file?

I already read in this article that it's possible:

But no conf file example there.

No this isn't the way minecraft servers or gameservers in general are working.

Think of a dedicated hosting provider, there you get always a port at the end of the domain.

You have to port forward ypur server IP and the port to the internet otherwise it wont work.

As @jonathanm said the game client won't understand the requests that the server sends if you route it through your proxyserver since the proxy encrypts the traffic in https and the game uses it's own encryption (imagine you try to speak english with someone who speaks german and he also tries with you to speak german without knowing the foreign language, on both sides there will be big ? and a successfull conversation isn't possible).

• Like 1

How can I get the terraria server to auto save? I realize on stopping container isn't possible, but how about at a certain interval like every hour and/or when a player leaves? I currently have the server running wonderfully with -serverconfig.txt that auto loads my world.

Very new to docker/unraid so the more explanation the better on how to set this up, thank you!!

9 hours ago, cback said:

Any chance of an Astroneer container now that the Astro Server steamCMD dedicated server is available? I think it might involve have to involve mono/wine? I would love to have it in a container

I've already seen that and looked into that, the post says that there will be also a linux dedicated server version.

I don't know if it's a good idea to try it through with WINE since they are saying they currently working on it.

7 hours ago, Simmer said:

How can I get the terraria server to auto save? I realize on stopping container isn't possible, but how about at a certain interval like every hour and/or when a player leaves? I currently have the server running wonderfully with -serverconfig.txt that auto loads my world.

Very new to docker/unraid so the more explanation the better on how to set this up, thank you!!

The server should save if you stop the container.

Also please attach a log where I can see this.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I've already seen that and looked into that, the post says that there will be also a linux dedicated server version.

I don't know if it's a good idea to try it through with WINE since they are saying they currently working on it.

Oh alright I suppose that'll be good. The only thing I had seen them say about Linux dedicated servers was in the discord server right after the DS update. I asked a Dev about linux support and they shrugged it off pretty fast like they don't know anything about linux at all and when asked later they later referred to a user who had successfully gotten it working with wine... So I thought they weren't going to mess with linux

1 hour ago, cback said:

Oh alright I suppose that'll be good. The only thing I had seen them say about Linux dedicated servers was in the discord server right after the DS update. I asked a Dev about linux support and they shrugged it off pretty fast like they don't know anything about linux at all and when asked later they later referred to a user who had successfully gotten it working with wine... So I thought they weren't going to mess with linux

I will look into that, but can not garantuee that it works...

Hey, thanks for all the hard work! Trying to get a second Terraria server running. I created a new container using yours as a template, change the port to 7776 both in the container settings and the server config file. Server boots up, generates the world, says it's listening on port 7776, but for the life of me I can't connect to it, locally or remotely. I have both ports forwarded, and the server using port 7777 connects just fine.

Edited by kristian221
13 minutes ago, kristian221 said:

Hey, thanks for all the hard work! Trying to get a second Terraria server running. I created a new container using yours as a template, change the port to 7776 both in the container settings and the server config file. Server boots up, generates the world, says it's listening on port 7776, but for the life of me I can't connect to it, locally or remotely. I have both ports forwarded, and the server using port 7777 connects just fine.

Have you deleted the old port and created a new one with the right protocoll and container and host port set to 7776?

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

@kristian221 If you set another port in the gameconfig you have to delete the old port in the container template and create a new port entry with the host and container port set to the corresponding port from the game config (also make sure that you choose the right protocol).

Ok, interesting. I probably don't understand how some of this works, but if I leave the port as 7777 in the gameconfig, but then set the container port to 7776 in the docker settings, it connects to both just fine!

2 minutes ago, kristian221 said:

Ok, interesting. I probably don't understand how some of this works, but if I leave the port as 7777 in the gameconfig, but then set the container port to 7776 in the docker settings, it connects to both just fine!

I don't recomend to do it that way.

Some games won't work if you do it like that or can make problems (almost every Source game won't work, you can see it but you can't connect).

Best way is to set the gameconfig to 7776 then delete the 7777 entry in the template and at last create a new entry with host and container port set to the same port as in the gameconfig.

24 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I don't recomend to do it that way.

Some games won't work if you do it like that or can make problems (almost every Source game won't work, you can see it but you can't connect).

Best way is to set the gameconfig to 7776 then delete the 7777 entry in the template and at last create a new entry with host and container port set to the same port as in the gameconfig.

Alright, did as you said and it works like a charm! Thanks again :)

Edited by kristian221
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, kristian221 said:

Last question: How do I use an existing world? I dropped in a world with the same name as the one specified in the config file, but it's still generating a new world with the same name and overriding the existing one.

I don't know how that works exactly since I don't own the game...

But it should be not different than a linux dedicated server (if you did that on windows eventually the world are not compatible or also something with the folder structur could be different).

I've only done this for minecraft java and bedrock editon.

For java edition you only drop the folder into the serverfolder and it works for bedrock editon i had to edit one file and drop the world into a specific location and it worked.

On 5/30/2020 at 11:18 PM, ich777 said:

I re-tried and it works, it's saving while stopping container. However, I believe before I restarted unraid and it didn't save in that instance. I was trying to mimick perhaps losing power or something. I have a UPS but yeah.

Is there any periodic save or only when stopping container or manually through console?

1 hour ago, Simmer said:

I re-tried and it works, it's saving while stopping container. However, I believe before I restarted unraid and it didn't save in that instance. I was trying to mimick perhaps losing power or something. I have a UPS but yeah.

Is there any periodic save or only when stopping container or manually through console?

I watched the logs more closely and see that it does save periodically. Sorry to bother, thank you so much for your work! :D

• Like 1

I'm trying to setup the Terraria-tModLoader server, and I can't figure out how to get the mods to load. It seems to just run like a normal Terraria server - any idea what I'm missing?

Edit: Disregard - I needed to add an enabled.json file to the Mods folder to enable the mods.

Edited by sweigh
  • Like 1

I am trying to run the ark docker.  After reading several post I have forwarded port 27015  to my UnRaid ip, currently signed in to steam, when I was setting up the docker I left everything at default values, and I have been looking under the unofficial server list in Ark for my server and cant find it.  Do you need any other info or did i miss something else

Edit:  so i got to server up and working locally with ports 27020, 27015, 7777, 7778 all forwarded to my unraid ip.  i know im missing something but not sure what to have friends be able to use it outside of my network

Edited by zkoerber
  • Like 1
On 5/22/2020 at 3:58 AM, ich777 said:

I think i will pull the container from the CA App since i'm not personally using it and i got not much time to troubleshoot this and also it's too complicated to setup.

If @Spectral Force confirms that it's working or not i will publish it again or depricate the container.

Please try the official CSMM container.

I missed this message.  I did have it working and was working well.

16 hours ago, Spectral Force said:

I missed this message.  I did have it working and was working well.

I ended up getting it working just had to manually run the initial command that creates database.

After the database was all there proxy manager was simple.

Did you have the issue of it always saying loading on main screen? Mine does, but only on list. I can still fully interact with the server.

4 hours ago, Natcoso9955 said:

I ended up getting it working just had to manually run the initial command that creates database.

After the database was all there proxy manager was simple.

Did you have the issue of it always saying loading on main screen? Mine does, but only on list. I can still fully interact with the server.

I did but never got around to addressing it.  If you want you can PM for the official discord.  However i had issues with my unraid and Ich took down the container :( so I can't re download it.  If there was an example/template of what needs to be done for unraid I can probably have the author fork out an official container.