[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers


4202 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Where did you fill in -beta latest_experimental at the grafik.png.819fd3df8cb36c57869703cf3038065c.png?

You have to fill it in at: grafik.png.b766e1974ee9080b53e6afe6c587e798.png.

 

I don't think they've changed anything that breaks the container, if so it has to be a big change on Steam's end if it doesn't download the game properly...

 

The GAME_PARAMS and the GAME_ID are two completely different commands.

With the GAME_ID you choose which game to download through SteamCMD and also you can add for example your option -beta latest_experimental (in your case this should be: '294420 -beta latest_experimental' wihtout quotes).

 

The GAME_PARAMS are startup commands for the game itself.

 

It's a bit difficult for me to troubleshoot this game since I'm not personally owning it, but I hope this helps. ;)

 

I will look into that when I got home from work but the errors that you see are mostly from WINE (since there is no native linux dedicated server, correct me if the dev's already released one).

 

Have you forwarded all ports with the corresponding protocoll?

 

Nice, I strongly recommend you to install the plugin 'CA Appdata Backup/Restore v2' and make daily backups (you don't have to stop the container when a backup is running - there is an option on the bottom of the plugin where you can enable that it don't stops).

In my case I've set it up to make a daily backup at night and to keep a copy of every day for 7 days long and then it automatically deletes it. ;)

Yes of course the ports are forwarded, based on the ports the container uses. my other game servers port forwarding and firewall rules are configured the in the same way and they are all good. 

 

Using ping.eu to check the ports it appears they are closed however if i create a port listener on my windows pc and change the Portforwarder IP the port is then open. 

 

I ran a port scan and it doesnt detect port 27015 listening on the server. It sees the minecraft port and some others. 

p1.PNG.4b243c1027cfe53cd7346c8f68f7af84.PNG

 

image.png.c0ed120dfb766b073d565607243e6a29.png

 

 

Edited by dfox1787
Link to post
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary: Support Thread for ich777 Gameserver Dockers (CounterStrike: Source & ConterStrike: GO, TeamFortress 2, ArmA III,... - complete list in the second post) Application: SteamCMD Do

Just thought I'd share my experience setting up a Valheim server with this docker app from @ich777(thank you!)   You don't need to worry about Steam authentication for Valheim, the default a

Dockers Available so far:   SteamCMD DedicatedServers: CounterStrike: Source CounterStrike: Global Offensive TeamFortress 2 ArmA3 - requested by @MrSage D

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dfox1787 said:

Yes of course the ports are forwarded, based on the ports the container uses. my other game servers port forwarding and firewall rules are configured the in the same way and they are all good. 

 

Using ping.eu to check the ports it appears they are closed however if i create a port listener on my windows pc and change the Portforwarder IP the port is then open. 

 

I ran a port scan and it doesnt detect port 27015 listening on the server. It sees the minecraft port and some others.

I will test that as soon as I got home.

 

Yes, it sees TCP ports that are open but it will not see UDP ports that are opened also one thing is if you open the port it should be open and should be displayed as open regardless of something is listening or not.

Have you also opened 8766, 27015, 27016 both for TCP and UDP?

 

Are you also running other gameservers than Minecraft?

 

EDIT: I think I should remove the TCP entries as I discovered they aren't needed anymore, but I will test that as soon as I got home.

Link to post
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

I will test that as soon as I got home.

 

Yes, it sees TCP ports that are open but it will not see UDP ports that are opened also one thing is if you open the port it should be open and should be displayed as open regardless of something is listening or not.

Have you also opened 8766, 27015, 27016 both for TCP and UDP?

 

Are you also running other gameservers than Minecraft?

 

EDIT: I think I should remove the TCP entries as I discovered they aren't needed anymore, but I will test that as soon as I got home.

yes i have opened all of the ports required for the server. Both TCP and UDP, same procdure i do with my other games servers and any other application si use that requirespublic access. Hopefully this screen shot will reassure you :)

 

I did run Factorio but noticed it used the same ports so removed the server as i dont really play it these days. 

 

Great if you could test it and let me know. 

 

 

p2.PNG

Link to post
1 hour ago, dfox1787 said:

yes i have opened all of the ports required for the server. Both TCP and UDP, same procdure i do with my other games servers and any other application si use that requirespublic access. Hopefully this screen shot will reassure you :)

 

I did run Factorio but noticed it used the same ports so removed the server as i dont really play it these days. 

 

Great if you could test it and let me know.

Container works just fine from 'outside' and you only need to forward UDP ports, I will delete the TCP ports in the template. ;)

 

Attached a few screenshots:

 

Screenshot from the Steam Sever browser (please be sure to enter your IP and the port 27016):

screenshot1.png.1188b523e2f7436106c6db5fd11e5827.png

 

Screenshot from the ingame server browser, the highlighted server (looks like someone else run the container with the default settings):

screenshot2.thumb.png.c1b2a723c673cc9fd32d6a9a0a3fa2c3.png

 

Here a screenshot from inside the game after entering the password and joining (prette useless since it's only a screenshot from the game):

screenshot3.thumb.png.7376740b18ab4b1e2f4c669a2cea41c5.png

 

Screenshot from my firewall settings (both TCP and UDP are forwarded tested only UDP after this screenshot):

screenshot4.thumb.png.03abe57b32b3534eb5762f179c99c21b.png

 

My test setup for a connect from 'outside' is as follows:

Disconnect my fiber connection to my PC, connect my pc to my mobilephones hotspot via WIFI (with disabled WIFI and Intra on my phone), then try to connect to the server.

Link to post
4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Container works just fine from 'outside' and you only need to forward UDP ports, I will delete the TCP ports in the template. ;)

 

Attached a few screenshots:

 

Screenshot from the Steam Sever browser (please be sure to enter your IP and the port 27016):

screenshot1.png.1188b523e2f7436106c6db5fd11e5827.png

 

Screenshot from the ingame server browser, the highlighted server (looks like someone else run the container with the default settings):

screenshot2.thumb.png.c1b2a723c673cc9fd32d6a9a0a3fa2c3.png

 

Here a screenshot from inside the game after entering the password and joining (prette useless since it's only a screenshot from the game):

screenshot3.thumb.png.7376740b18ab4b1e2f4c669a2cea41c5.png

 

Screenshot from my firewall settings (both TCP and UDP are forwarded tested only UDP after this screenshot):

screenshot4.thumb.png.03abe57b32b3534eb5762f179c99c21b.png

 

My test setup for a connect from 'outside' is as follows:

Disconnect my fiber connection to my PC, connect my pc to my mobilephones hotspot via WIFI (with disabled WIFI and Intra on my phone), then try to connect to the server.

No idea what to do at this stage. 

 

I know my port forwarding is correct because of all my other game servers and also if i create a port listener on 27015 and 27016 i am able to telnet to the device when tethered. 

 

any docker settings i could be missing?

 

this is also on my log file

 

Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
DS configurations tests: Host fail network configurations tests. Please check error log and your configuration.

 

 

Capture.PNG

Edited by dfox1787
Link to post
11 minutes ago, dfox1787 said:

No idea what to do at this stage. 

 

I knwo my port forwarding is correct becuase of all my other game servers and also if i creat a port listener on 27015 and 27016 i am able to telnet to the device when tethered. 

 

any docker settings i could be missing?

 

this is also on my log file

 

Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: Z:\serverdata\serverfiles\TheForestDedicatedServer_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
DS configurations tests: Host fail network configurations tests. Please check error log and your configuration.

Try to start over. Delete the container and also delete the created folder in your appdata directory.

 

No, I just downloaded it from the CA App clicked on Apply waited for it to finish and port forwarded the required ports, that's all what I've done.

 

Also is the server reachable from inside your network through the Steam server browser like I showed in my screenshots above?

 

Please also note that some ISP's block also some ports, you have to ask if this is the case with your ISP too and if they can disable the blocking of the ports.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Try to start over. Delte the container and also delete the created folder in your appdata directory.

 

No, I just downloaded it from the CA App clicked on Apply waited for it to finish and port forwarded the required ports, that's all what I've done.

 

Also is the server reachable from inside your network through the Steam server browser like I showed in my screenshots above?

 

Please also note that some ISP's block also some ports, you have to ask if this is the case with your ISP too and if they can disable the blocking of the ports.

yeah i can see it internally.

 

Also i have noticed if i rename my server it doesnt change the name. 

 

Port 27105 was used when i had factorio and it worked so guess its not the ISP blocking it. 

Link to post
3 minutes ago, dfox1787 said:

yeah i can see it internally.

 

Also i have noticed if i rename my server it doesnt change the name. 

 

Port 27105 was used when i had factorio and it worked so guess its not the ISP blocking it. 

Step by step, try to get the server working from outside.

Factorio only needs 27015 and 34197 UDP.

The Forest needs 27015, 27016 and also 8766

 

Oh, what I've seen so far on your screenshot that you attached later, don't use a Steam credentials (only use them when they are marked as required) and also you don't need the option -serversteamaccount

Link to post

I'm having trouble installing the 7dtd -beta latest_experimental, just keeps boot looping

 

 

Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found
OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found

 

Any idea?

Cheers!

Link to post
19 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Step by step, try to get the server working from outside.

Factorio only needs 27015 and 34197 UDP.

The Forest needs 27015, 27016 and also 8766

 

Oh, what I've seen so far on your screenshot that you attached later, don't use a Steam credentials (only use them when they are marked as required) and also you don't need the option -serversteamaccount

just gets stuck on here without creds

Capture.PNG

Link to post
24 minutes ago, dfox1787 said:

just gets stuck on here without creds

Capture.PNG

No, you are not stuck, just wait like the discription says, look on the usage of your CPU, the container is downloading the game and this can take very long and the log is not frequently updated in this process but I can't change anything about that.

 

EDIT: @dfox1787 also, please don't interrupt this process and wait for it to finish since this can cause problems...

Link to post
28 minutes ago, WeAreTheDynamite said:

I'm having trouble installing the 7dtd -beta latest_experimental, just keeps boot looping

 

 

Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found
OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found

 

Any idea?

Cheers!

Sorry took a while this game is not small and this also took a while on my 250Mbit/s line... :D

 

I have to say that I don't own the game and I started over by completely downloading it but in my case it works (but can't say if I can connect since I'm not owning the game...).

Where have you put the '-beta latest_experimental'? Also doesn't the log say more? Can you attach a screenshot from your template configuration?

I attached the log and also a screenshot: Log.txt

grafik.png.bd3096637a3450216e8c05d2e2fa4a96.png

 

Link to post
29 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No, you are not stuck, just wait like the discription says, look on the usage of your CPU, the container is downloading the game and this can take very long and the log is not frequently updated in this process but I can't change anything about that.

thanks did download in the end. Deleted everything

 

New error now :(

 

2.PNG

3.PNG

Untitled.png

Link to post
8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry took a while this game is not small and this also took a while on my 250Mbit/s line... :D

 

I have to say that I don't own the game and I started over by completely downloading it but in my case it works (but can't say if I can connect since I'm not owning the game...).

Where have you put the '-beta latest_experimental'? Also doesn't the log say more? Can you attach a screenshot from your template configuration?

I attached the log and also a screenshot: Log.txt

grafik.png.bd3096637a3450216e8c05d2e2fa4a96.png

 

Mine seems to have Downloaded after a reboot of the docker, but it still won't start... Here are the logs.

Success! App '294420' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Moving SaveGameFolder location---
---Savegame location found---
---Moving UserDataFolder location---
---UserDataFolder location found---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Found path: /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 251570
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found
OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found
OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '294420' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---SaveGameFolder location correct---
---Savegame location found---
---UserDataFolder location correct---
---UserDataFolder location found---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Found path: /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 251570

 

The server doesn't seem to actually start, though I do have the server files in appdata...

 

image.thumb.png.0c4aa9d32186ade165afe8b9ce7fa366.png

Link to post
1 minute ago, dfox1787 said:

thanks did download in the end. Deleted everything

 

New error now :(

 

2.PNG

3.PNG

Untitled.png

Please don't change the server IP, leave it as it is, it's 0.0.0.0 by default I think.

If you set it to your internal IP it simply can't work.

Link to post
30 minutes ago, WeAreTheDynamite said:

Mine seems to have Downloaded after a reboot of the docker, but it still won't start... Here are the logs.

Success! App '294420' fully installed.
 

The server doesn't seem to actually start, though I do have the server files in appdata...

The log looks good since, how much RAM does the container use, mine is about ~2.2GB if it uses about that the server should be up and running.

 

Anything other I simply can't help and I can't test anything because I don't own the game.

If you and a second person report it as broken I will pull it from the CA App, simply because I can't test/help.

 

@dfox1787 After looking at your config file you deleted the whole line under the password or am I wrong? If you did so please add this in the password line 'serverPassword'.

The entry 'serverPassword' has to be in there even if you don't want a password (the password follows after this entry - if you want no password type nothing after it).

 

EDIT: @dfox1787 this should be your config file: config.cfg

And don't forget to restart the container after changing anything in there.

Link to post
1 minute ago, ich777 said:

The log looks good since, how much RAM does the container use, mine is about ~2.2GB if it uses about that the server should be up and running.

 

Anything other I simply can't help and I can't test anything because I don't own the game.

If you and a second person report it as broken I will pull it from the CA App, simply because I can't test/help.

Upon a second restart, it appears the container is trying to set file permissions but is being denied access to do so...

image.png.5f60ebc38297d5ebb73a17c1c1a6824d.png

 

Link to post
14 minutes ago, WeAreTheDynamite said:

Upon a second restart, it appears the container is trying to set file permissions but is being denied access to do so...

image.png.5f60ebc38297d5ebb73a17c1c1a6824d.png

 

Sorry I can't help, mine works after a restart fine.

 

EDIT: I also see that you have mods installed... how did you copied them over?

EDIT2: Please answer the other questions too.

Link to post
13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry I can't help, mine works after a restart fine.

 

EDIT: Also I see that you have mods installed... how did you copy them over?

EDIT2: Please answer the other questions too.

The mods and serverconfig.xml were transferred using windows file explorer directly into the appdata/7dtdbeta folder, runing chomd/chown from the terminal seems to have fixed the permission issue. 

 

Its now using between 15-300MB of ram just cycling through a boot loop...

 

Loading Steam API...Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found
OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '294420' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---SaveGameFolder location correct---
---Savegame location found---
---UserDataFolder location correct---
---UserDataFolder location found---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Found path: /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 91: 66 Aborted ${SERVER_DIR}/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64 -configfile=${SERVERCONFIG} ${GAME_PARAMS}
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found
OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found
OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '294420' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---SaveGameFolder location correct---
---Savegame location found---
---UserDataFolder location correct---
---UserDataFolder location found---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Found path: /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64

 

 

All is fine on my primary server which is on the stable release branch, and i don't think I've done anything different.... I've probably missed something.

 

Link to post
37 minutes ago, WeAreTheDynamite said:

The mods and serverconfig.xml were transferred using windows file explorer directly into the appdata/7dtdbeta folder, runing chomd/chown from the terminal seems to have fixed the permission issue. 

 

Its now using between 15-300MB of ram just cycling through a boot loop...

 

Loading Steam API...Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found
OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '294420' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---SaveGameFolder location correct---
---Savegame location found---
---UserDataFolder location correct---
---UserDataFolder location found---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Found path: /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 91: 66 Aborted ${SERVER_DIR}/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64 -configfile=${SERVERCONFIG} ${GAME_PARAMS}
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found
OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found
OK.

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '294420' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---SaveGameFolder location correct---
---Savegame location found---
---UserDataFolder location correct---
---UserDataFolder location found---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Found path: /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64

 

 

All is fine on my primary server which is on the stable release branch, and i don't think I've done anything different.... I've probably missed something.

 

Can you try to start the server without mods or even start over new?

Link to post
15 hours ago, ich777 said:

No, you are not stuck, just wait like the discription says, look on the usage of your CPU, the container is downloading the game and this can take very long and the log is not frequently updated in this process but I can't change anything about that.

 

EDIT: @dfox1787 also, please don't interrupt this process and wait for it to finish since this can cause problems...

Its working now.

 

the fix was:

 

1 - do not use another steam account to download the server. use public. 

2 - do not edit the IP details in the server config

3 - remove TCP entrties from the docker settings

4 - be patient 

 

 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, dfox1787 said:

Its working now.

 

the fix was:

 

1 - do not use another steam account to download the server. use public. 

2 - do not edit the IP details in the server config

3 - remove TCP entrties from the docker settings

4 - be patient 

 

 

Thanks for the update ;)

 

1 - Yes, only use the credentials if the are marked as required in the template (I have to update the discription of all my steam containers but that have to wait for now)

2 - This can cause problems because eventually the container assigned another IP address or translates something differently (0.0.0.0 is the best way to go in the most containers)

3 - Should also work if you let them in there (I will definetely update the template)

 

One last question, the server works also if you don't put in the steamaccesskey or am I wrong?

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.