[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

4 minutes ago, belch85 said:

Thanks for your help @ich777 I'll try that out and do some more learning.

Please report back if it doesn't work... But it will work ;) , think as it if it's behind a firewall if the container is in bridge mode and you have to forward the corresponding ports if you specify one or more ports in the config that are not by default in the template.

Also please don't 'NAT' Steam ports change them in the config and then also delete the old entries and create new ones with the right ports and protocols (Steam Ports don't like it if you let's say choose the container port 27016 and host port for example 27017 they should be the same otherwise it's not properly working).

38 minutes ago, JackPS9 said:

so what am I missing for setting up a factorio server?
server port has been forwarded, however not seeing the port in the list at all. even under lan games nothing is there.

A little more info would be nice, have you changed anything in the template? Screenshot of the template? What does the log say?

Have you also changed the server config? You need to specify a factorio account or disable it.

Also please note that this is a container that I only made the template for, it's the official one.

5 hours ago, aventador said:

i'm getting this error on a brand new default install of the firefox docker, any tips on how to resolve it?

---Something went wrong, can't download Firefox, putting container in sleep mode---

it might be covered previously, but I can't seem to find it at this stage.

Oh sorry, there was an error in the template the language has to be 'en-US' not 'en_US', template is now fixed and should be updated in a few hours then you can download it again from the CA App or you simply change the language.

On 9/7/2020 at 1:25 PM, ich777 said:

A little more info would be nice, have you changed anything in the template? Screenshot of the template? What does the log say?

Have you also changed the server config? You need to specify a factorio account or disable it.

Also please note that this is a container that I only made the template for, it's the official one.

I changed nothing, also got it working as it was the config missing the account info

• Like 1
On 9/5/2020 at 1:45 PM, ich777 said:

Eventually the game developers haven't update the game itself for linux.

As I said, it's updated through SteamCMD and the container doesn't need to be updated.

Eventually you understand it if I explain what the container does:

The container looks for SteamCMD and installs it if it isn't found

Then the container loads up SteamCMD and SteamCMD looks if the game is installed if it isn't installed SteamCMD downloads it

Then the container starts the server executable that is downloaded through SteamCMD

If you restart the container it happens in the exact same order as described above, I hope you understand now why the container don't needs to be updated.

The container runs just a script that starts SteamCMD and executes all commands through it.

I hope you understand now how this works.

The container doesn't needs to be updated because SteamCMD does the update, the container contains just the script that executes all commands through SteamCMD.

I would recommend to go to the Avorion forums and ask there if there the Linux version of the dedicated server isn't updated.

EDIT: The container only needs to be updated if the developers change something at the startup for example the change the server executable or something like that but that would result in not starting or that it constantly looping (restarting)

I've ended up by installing this container on unRAID :

https://hub.docker.com/r/rfvgyhn/avorion/tags

This one contains the last version (1.2).

Thanks for your explainations and your time ! :)

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, koala784 said:

I've ended up by installing this container on unRAID :

https://hub.docker.com/r/rfvgyhn/avorion/tags

This one contains the last version (1.2).

Thanks for your explainations and your time ! :)

This is not the latest version, this is a beta version, if you've had said that before I could have tell you that you have to add '-beta beta' at the game ID like so:

screenshot.png.e903c921ba1d2261a52de5509f220722.png

First of all thanks for all your hard work on these.

Eco has had a large update and is now compatible with linux i believe. But that has caused the server to stop working unless i am doing something terribly wrong could someone verify that for me? I have tried to wrangle the internal docker for the devs into a working server and got it running but messed up something during configuring so now its deadlocked.

https://hub.docker.com/r/strangeloopgames/eco-game-server

In the end i just don't understand enough of this to get it running well enough so im humbly asking for an update on this.

3 hours ago, Sixcurses said:

Eco has had a large update and is now compatible with linux i believe. But that has caused the server to stop working unless i am doing something terribly wrong could someone verify that for me? I have tried to wrangle the internal docker for the devs into a working server and got it running but messed up something during configuring so now its deadlocked.

In the end i just don't understand enough of this to get it running well enough so im humbly asking for an update on this.

I will look into that on monday, weekend is family time. ;)

Btw thanks for reporting that.

-> see post below... ;)

3 hours ago, Sixcurses said:

Forget the post above, this was actually a easy fix, please force an update of the container and it will work as usual ;) (turn on Advanced View in the top right corner on the Docker page and then click on Force Update).

any help on this issue, i am installing arc server for a friend to use i have installed it from cs but get this issue

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

Success! App '376030' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

is there something else i need to install to get this up and running ?

15 minutes ago, idmanager said:

any help on this issue, i am installing arc server for a friend to use i have installed it from cs but get this issue

is there something else i need to install to get this up and running ?

Nope, your log says that it runs. ;)

(What is cs? I think you mean CA?)

16 minutes ago, idmanager said:

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

This line is only a warning because you are running a dedicated server and the game can't find a running instance of Steam (this happens on all dedicated server).

17 minutes ago, idmanager said:

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

This line tells you that the server has startet and is running (please keep in mind that the first startup could take very long (look on the docker page with Advanced View enabled at the CPU load and RAM load the server is fully startet when it consumes about 3GB of RAM and the CPU - depending on your CPU is using in my instance with 16Cores 3% - the server is starting if it is consuming way more).

Please keep in mind that you need to forward the ports from the template with the corresponding protocol (otherwise the server is not visible in the server browser).

Also don't change any port, if you have to change a port then read the description very carefully.

Is the game visible from the Steam Server browser (View -> Server Browser -> Favorites -> Add Server -> Enter 'YOURUNRAIDIP:27015' (without quotes) -> and then click again on refresh (you have to click it one more time!).

Hi all, my apologies in advance on my ignorance - I'm trying my best to learn and have read through all I can find here but am at a dead end I feel.

I'm using the ARK docker and have a server running with zero problems without mods. However, as soon as I update my INIs and add the appropriate game parameters to the container (Extra Game Parameters = -automanagedmods and Game Parameters = ?GameModIds=ModID1,ModID2) the server no longer starts (even though the container is running).

I saw in a previous post to use the command   ${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} +"workshop_download_item 346110 ModID" validate +quit   and I can see the mods themselves download to my appdata\ark-se\steamapps\workshop\content\346110  but it doesn't copy the mods to the   appdata\ark-se\ShooterGame\Content\Mods  directory, nor will the server itself start. I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

On 9/12/2020 at 6:04 AM, ich777 said:

Forget the post above, this was actually a easy fix, please force an update of the container and it will work as usual ;) (turn on Advanced View in the top right corner on the Docker page and then click on Force Update).

Has your fix (thanks, by the way) removed the ECO Management Window vnc option? (Note, I'm not too sure how to enable set 'Server Management' to 'true')

It no longer adds port 8080 as a default

3 hours ago, krullos said:

Has your fix (thanks, by the way) removed the ECO Management Window vnc option? (Note, I'm not too sure how to enable set 'Server Management' to 'true')

It no longer adds port 8080 as a default

Yes, this has removed the management console.

The managememt window was only a bonus with the windows version (the old version of the container).

I think there is no management window in the limux version (could also be wrong).

@DSandyGuy eventually @Spectral Force can help? I'm not too familar with ARK and mods...

Eyy sorry if this seems very newbie but im looking to make an Automoblista 2 server using docker, on ubuntu linux. I have followed the guide that says to do this

docker run -it -v $PWD:/data steamcmd/steamcmd:latest +login anonymous +@sSteamCmdForcePlatformType windows +force_install_dir /data +app_update 1338040 +quit

That installs the game server files but I have no clue on how to actually run the server. Help would be greatly appriciated. 

Edited by Shiivu
Missed a number
5 hours ago, Shiivu said:

Eyy sorry if this seems very newbie but im looking to make an Automoblista 2 server using docker, on ubuntu linux. I have followed the guide that says to do this

docker run -it -v $PWD:/data steamcmd/steamcmd:latest +login anonymous +@sSteamCmdForcePlatformType windows +force_install_dir /data +app_update 1338040 +quit

That installs the game server files but I have no clue on how to actually run the server. Help would be greatly appriciated. 

Sorry but I don't own the game and also don't have such a Container.

Can't tell you how to get this working, since I don't own the game. Sorry.

EDIT: And also this isn't my way to do such a container. Also you don't write which image you pull in your post.

It looks like there are still/new issues with the Barotrauma docker (or rather, with the dedicated server.)

Running from a fresh install results:

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Loading Steam API...OK.

---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK.

Success! App '1026340' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Checking for 'serversettings.xml'---
---'serversettings.xml' found...
---Checking if everything is in place---
---Correcting errors---
cp: cannot stat '/serverdata/serverfiles/linux64/steamclient.so': No such file or directory
---Something went wrong, can't copy 'steamclient.so' putting server into sleep mode---

I'm not very confident on linux cli, but I did some basic troubleshooting, here's my result. Hopefully its helpful. 

Checking the /serverdata/serverfiles/ directory reveals that no linux64 subdir exists, but there is a steamclient.so within serverfiles.

If I create the linux64 subdir and copy steamclient.so into it, after a restart of the docker this results that the server "runs" but apparently fails at some point 

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Loading Steam API...OK.

---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK.

Success! App '1026340' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Checking for 'serversettings.xml'---
---'serversettings.xml' found...
---Checking if everything is in place---
---Correcting errors---
---Errors corrected---
---Checking for old logs---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Barotrauma Dedicated Server 0.10.4.0 (ReleaseLinux, branch release, revision 965c31410a)
Loading game settings
Loading MD5 hash cache
Initializing SteamManager
Initializing GameAnalytics
Initializing GameScreen
�[?1h�=�[6n�[39;49m�[37mLoaded languages: English, German, French, Russian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Castilian Spanish, Latinamerican Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Turkish, Korean
�[39;49m�[30m�[6n �[12;1H�[11;1H�[39;49m�[37m�[6ndlopen failed trying to load:

steamclient.so
with error:

steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded '/serverdata/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so' OK. (First tried local 'steamclient.so')
�[39;49m�[37mSelected sub: Azimuth
�[39;49m�[37mSelected shuttle: Hemulen
�[39;49m�[32m[9/14/2020 10:19:36 PM]
Starting the server...
Using Lidgren networking. Manual port forwarding may be required. If players cannot connect to the server, you may want to use the in-game hosting menu (which uses SteamP2P networking and does not require port forwarding).
�[39;49m�[31mCoroutine Barotrauma.Networking.GameServer+<StartServer>d__47 threw an exception: InitGameServer returned false (0,31004,27035,27036,2,"1.0.0.0")
  at Steamworks.SteamServer.Init(AppId appid, SteamServerInit init, Boolean asyncCallbacks) in /home/joonas/Barotrauma/Libraries/Facepunch.Steamworks/SteamServer.cs:line 94
at Barotrauma.Steam.SteamManager.CreateServer(GameServer server, Boolean isPublic) in /home/joonas/Barotrauma/Barotrauma/BarotraumaServer/ServerSource/Networking/SteamManager.cs:line 26
at Barotrauma.Networking.GameServer.StartServer(Boolean isPublic)+MoveNext() in /home/joonas/Barotrauma/Barotrauma/BarotraumaServer/ServerSource/Networking/GameServer.cs:line 195
at Barotrauma.CoroutineManager.IsDone(CoroutineHandle handle) in /home/joonas/Barotrauma/Barotrauma/BarotraumaShared/SharedSource/CoroutineManager.cs:line 212
�[39;49m�[30m�[6n �[24;1H�[23;1H�[39;49m�[37m�[6n

This section appears particularly relevant.

�[39;49m�[30m�[6n �[12;1H�[11;1H�[39;49m�[37m�[6ndlopen failed trying to load:

steamclient.so
with error:

steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded '/serverdata/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so' OK. (First tried local 'steamclient.so')
�[39;49m�[37mSelected sub: Azimuth
�[39;49m�[37mSelected shuttle: Hemulen
Starting the server...
Using Lidgren networking. Manual port forwarding may be required. If players cannot connect to the server, you may want to use the in-game hosting menu (which uses SteamP2P networking and does not require port forwarding).
�[39;49m�[31mCoroutine Barotrauma.Networking.GameServer+<StartServer>d__47 threw an exception: InitGameServer returned false (0,31004,27035,27036,2,"1.0.0.0")

Googling the line I've colored red leads me here:

https://github.com/Regalis11/Barotrauma/issues/2310

This is somewhat over my head, but it looks like the current server installed via steamcmd requires significant manual intervention in the form of creating several symlinks to a specific (or just more up to date?) version of steamclient.so in order for the DS to run correctly. Again, out of my depth.

Edited by m4gicfour
42 minutes ago, m4gicfour said:

It looks like there are still/new issues with the Barotrauma docker (or rather, with the dedicated server.)

This is somewhat over my head, but it looks like the current server installed via steamcmd requires significant manual intervention in the form of creating several symlinks to a specific (or just more up to date?) version of steamclient.so in order for the DS to run correctly. Again, out of my depth.

Error corrected, they changed something I think. Please update the container manually (switch on advanced view on the docker page and click force update) or delete the container and redownload it from the CA App.

Here is a complete startup log from the updated container:

Barotrauma.log

• Like 1

Hi, I am having trouble getting the gmod docker up and running. I keep getting segment faults.

tcmalloc: large alloc 4293050368 bytes == (nil) @
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 4000
Segmentation fault
Add "-debug" to the /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Tue 15 Sep 2020 10:23:18 PM NZST: Server restart in 10 seconds

I tried adding the -debug line and I get this:

/serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run: 182: ulimit: error setting limit (Operation not permitted)

/serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run: 1: /serverdata/serverfiles/srcds_run: gdb: not found
WARNING: Please install gdb first.

goto http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/

Next step is obviously installing gdb. But I thought I would post here first.

PS: thank you for these dockers. They are really helpful. Currently got the SCP one up and running. Just having problems with gmod =/