High IOWAIT during mover

1 minute ago, kizer said:

Your drives are spinning up and you Processor is ramped up from Idle would be my guess. 

Driver are never spun down, they are always spinning.  And the IOWAIT stays at that level for the entire duration of the mover process.

Edited by IamSpartacus
Just now, BRiT said:

Most likely, but others probably don't monitor their system when mover runs.

I don't use mover at all so I can't say how it behaves on mine.

I'm only monitoring my system during the Mover because when the Mover is running it causes Plex direct plays to stutter and sometimes become unresponsive.

35 minutes ago, IamSpartacus said:

I'm only monitoring my system during the Mover because when the Mover is running it causes Plex direct plays to stutter and sometimes become unresponsive.

Oh, then yes some others have experienced that issue and have reported it in the forums. LimeTech even responded to it as well.

Real Shame the forum search is substandard. I would link you to those posts if I could find them. 

1 minute ago, BRiT said:

Oh, then yes some others have experienced that issue and have reported it in the forums. LimeTech even responded to it as well.

Real Shame the forum search is substandard. I would link you to those posts if I could find them. 

Agreed.  I did search but I almost never find relevant topics when I search here.

4 hours ago, IamSpartacus said:

Mine does this too. That is why I have my Mover moving 2x a month so when it moves data it moves A LOT. Normally I have my mover running at 6AM so I don't notice it and then Plex Scans every day at 6:30AM to 8:00AM. Yes I know it doesn't make a difference where the files are SSD vs HDD, but that is when I have my scans setup because I don't like my drives on and off all day.

I literally try and schedule everything on my machine when I'm not using it simply because I can't be bothered when I am using it. 😀

Same reason I use the Parity Tuner Plugin so it scans my Parity as well before 6:00 so I can't be bothered.

10 hours ago, kizer said:

Mine does this too. That is why I have my Mover moving 2x a month so when it moves data it moves A LOT. Normally I have my mover running at 6AM so I don't notice it and then Plex Scans every day at 6:30AM to 8:00AM. Yes I know it doesn't make a difference where the files are SSD vs HDD, but that is when I have my scans setup because I don't like my drives on and off all day.

I literally try and schedule everything on my machine when I'm not using it simply because I can't be bothered when I am using it. 😀

Same reason I use the Parity Tuner Plugin so it scans my Parity as well before 6:00 so I can't be bothered.

Yea right now I just have my mover moving once a day at 5am.  It's tough because I have users on the West Coast and then my wife is up early with our 3 month old so I have a very small window now haha.

32 minutes ago, trurl said:

Are you using Turbo Write? Why cache anything?

Downloads need to go to cache.  I need all the IO my NVMe cache drive can provide in order to DL at 105MB/s while also extracting a 75GB file (4k).

I am using Turbo write.  I thought maybe that was my issue because all the drives were being read at 240MB/s during the mover so I thought there just wasn't enough disk IO left for Plex direct plays but I then tested with Turbo write off and I get the same issue.

Edited by IamSpartacus
  • Upvote 1