Connection Refused Intermittently On Most Devices

So I'm new to unRAID, I've had my trial license for about 12 days. I built a new rig for it, got things setup and am really loving it.

However the only showstopper I've encountered so far is a bizarre issue where I can't connect to unRAID from only some devices AND only some of the time.. generally there is a pattern that my workstation in the house (connected via Wifi) can connect to it without issue most of the time, but if he's working OK then my Chromebook & MacBook are unable to connect to the unRAID system reliably during that window.. so what's so strange is that every 1 minute or so I'll be able to get to the unRAID WebGUI from my MacBook and things will open and load like normal until suddenly usually within 30 seconds, they don't and I go back to getting connection refused messages.

What really perplexes me is that the unRAID server is contactable via ping (ICMP), but I can't telnet or SSH to the server from the endpoints which it's currently refusing connectivity to. In fact I can actually be connected over telnet, and when the connection refused issues start in the WebGUI it them disconnects my SSH session. All the while ping continues to work.

I thought that this might all be related to bad memory since I was seeing segfault's from the G.Skill memory I initially used, but my replacement Corsair kit came in this weekend and I baked it in Memtest for nearly 24 hours without any errors. The bizarre thing I see in the logs with the new memory however is two segfault's that happen every start up, but other than those two I don't see any others. While that doesn't instill confidence, I did find another thread where it seemed to be unRAID related?

I don't think DNS is involved with this since I'm connecting to the server via IP address, but for clarification I'm outlining my network below, noting that the unRAID is configured to use my Pi Hole for DNS first, and then Google as secondary and tertiary options:

Internet -> Netgear Orbi Mesh Wifi Router -> Asus Switch -> unRAID (6.7.0-rc7)

-> Pi Hole

So far I've tried turning off all of my Docker containers (but not actually disabled Docker) just to validate that it's not conflict related. I've also disabled Bonding since I'm only using the one NIC that the board has.

I've just never seen something like this before, really perplexed at where to start really.

cybernet-diagnostics-20190423-1424.zip

21 minutes ago, tytalus said:

However the only showstopper I've encountered so far is a bizarre issue where I can't connect to unRAID from only some devices AND only some of the time.. generally there is a pattern that my workstation in the house (connected via Wifi) can connect to it without issue most of the time, but if he's working OK then my Chromebook & MacBook are unable to connect to the unRAID system reliably during that window.. so what's so strange is that every 1 minute or so I'll be able to get to the unRAID WebGUI from my MacBook and things will open and load like normal until suddenly usually within 30 seconds, they don't and I go back to getting connection refused messages.

This sounds like a duplicate IP address somewhere in the system.

Apologies I didn't clarify. I'm not doing anything fancy, I'm just running a default out of the box setup as far as subnet goes (I think that's 192.168.1.0/24?). So all of my devices are on 192.168.1.x with subnet mask 255.255.255.0.

This new unRAID server is the only device on my network that is having any sort of connectivity issue. I've got the ability to connect around to the other devices on my network without any issue (e.g. I can mount shares from my gaming PC to my iPad without issue, can also add SMB shares from the gaming PC to my Chromebook & MacBook).

I can certainly investigate if there's a duplicate IP on the network, I'll start looking up how best to go about doing that.

--edit: found duplicate IP, it's the unRAID box; used NetScanTools demo to find.

IPv4 Address    MAC Address    I/F Manufacturer    Hostname    
192.168.1.5    04-92-26-5C-DB-E6        Cybernet.home.lan    
192.168.1.5    D0-52-A8-63-43-E8    Physical Graph Corporation    Cybernet.home.lan    

So... that's a new one. Not sure where to look for now though to resolve the issue. Is this set on the unRAID box itself? Or did I do a dumb in my static IP assignments on the Pi Hole (configured as DHCP for the network)? Or is there a rogue DHCP server somewhere?

Edited by tytalus
Add details, again

Just wanted to post an update, this is resolved.

Not 100% on how it came about, but even though my SmartThings hub didn't have a reservation in the DHCP server for that IP, sure enough that's what it was using. In the interim I've just moved my unRAID to a different unused IP and everything is working great now!

Thanks for the quick assistance everyone!