Reuse unraid key? And supports my planned server?

Hello,

I am thinking and i am saving for buying a new server.

Right now i am using a old laptop with 12 gb as XenServer (Virtualisation Server).

I also will install unraid on that future planned server. But i would like to install UnRaid now on the old laptop.

If i buy an UnRaid License and i use it on the laptop, can i after i bought the server and stop the laptop just use the UnRaid License without problems on the new server?

Also:

Will UnRaid support the specs of my planned server and run very smoothly and can i virtualise pfsense on it?

Specs:

Server Name: Dell PowerEdge R710 LFF

Processors:  2x Quad Core Xeon X5550 / 2.66GHz/ 95W 

Ram: 96GB 10600R 1333MHz / 12x 8GB DDR3 + € 220,00

Raid Controller: LSI 9207-8i 6G SAS/SATA JBOD

DRAC: No

Network Expansion Card: HP NC365T Quad Port ( 4x 1GB RJ45 )

Power:  2x 570W 

Hard Disks: 4x 600GB HGST Ultrastar 15K SAS 12G (nieuw) + Caddy + € 300,00

Thank you for your trouble.

Kind Regards,

Kuno Claes

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like your planned server should be fine for the limited information you provided of your intended use.

Smoothly is a bit subjective, especially with no additional details of intended use.

There are many users using much less capable server configurations, with no issues of usability.  However, any system can be loaded down with enough demand and too many processes.

There are also quite a few users using PFSense on Unraid.  I have no other details than that, since I do not use it.  You may however find some information here that may help;