GPU Passthrough failing, have tried everything

Hey all,

So I've run into my first real problem with unRAID; trying to passthrough my GTX 1050 to a VM (W10).

I've got an R710, and the GPU is powered off the PCI-E slot. I bought the GPU as an experiment to see if it would work with the initial 25w power limit during boot, which is then lifted to 75w post-boot, and this works.

My problem is, anytime I try to pass it through to a VM, I get the dreaded

" failed to setup container for group 17: failed to set iommu for container: Operation not permitted"

Which is of course related to " vfio_iommu_type1_attach_group: No interrupt remapping support. Use the module param "allow_unsafe_interrupts" to enable VFIO IOMMU support on this platform".

IOMMU is enabled.

I've added the relvant line to my Syslinux configuration:

'label Unraid OS

menu default

kernel /bzimage

append vfio_iommu_type1.allow_unsafe_interrupts=1

append initrd=/bzroot'

But it doesn't seem to help. Does anyone have any ideas?

I've followed various guides, such as this and read through every other forum thread I can find on the topic, but nothing seems to be working.

I've uploaded my systems relevant logs here and any help would be greatly appreciated!

infinity-diagnostics-20190424-1101.zip infinity-syslog-20190424-1101.zip VMlog.txt

You didn’t put in the unsafe interrupts correctly. I’m your example you have appended repeated after it (remove) and in the syslog it doesn’t even show up. 

Im attaching an image of mine with some other stuff in it you don’t need to worry about for reference.

A6F792FF-368E-4453-BEAE-732277EF9165.thumb.png.439fc8ad89d09a1e0821dd25aff3f1eb.png

6 hours ago, 1812 said:

You didn’t put in the unsafe interrupts correctly. I’m your example you have appended repeated after it (remove) and in the syslog it doesn’t even show up. 

Im attaching an image of mine with some other stuff in it you don’t need to worry about for reference.

A6F792FF-368E-4453-BEAE-732277EF9165.thumb.png.439fc8ad89d09a1e0821dd25aff3f1eb.png

Hi,

Thanks for the help, and for your guide to follow by the way.
Attached below is what I have now; is this correct? Where it says pcie_acs_override=multifunction is on the same line as the interrupts, just with a space between them (notepad shifted it down a line for this screenshot).

1.PNG

Edited by Redline9000
4 hours ago, Redline9000 said:

It looks like that has worked, the VM now starts :D
Is there any other part of that file that I need to change? I've noticed the IOMMU groups have changed location but all appears to be working oka

if you don't have issues with iommu groups and passthrough, then you don't need the multifunction text. otherwise you should be good to go!