Proper Expander usage

Hey everyone... I own an LSI 9305 24i and love it. I just bought an Adaptec Expander Card 82885T Single 2283400-R.

Windows sees all the drives attached to the LSI, but none of the drives to the Adaptec. These do not have a special cable between the 2, do they? The drives on the expander appear to initialize (they all blink on a reboot, and then 1 by 1 blink fast, then solid, like the other drives). This makes me think the controller sees the drives... I'm also using 2 Norco 24 bay cases. I do not get why the drives are not viewable in windows. Suggestions welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone... I own an LSI 9305 24i and love it. I just bought an Adaptec Expander Card 82885T Single 2283400-R.

Windows sees all the drives attached to the LSI, but none of the drives to the Adaptec. These do not have a special cable between the 2, do they? The drives on the expander appear to initialize (they all blink on a reboot, and then 1 by 1 blink fast, then solid, like the other drives). This makes me think the controller sees the drives... I'm also using 2 Norco 24 bay cases. I do not get why the drives are not viewable in windows. Suggestions welcomed. Thanks in advance.
Hmm windows as in a VM or windows installed on bare metal?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk