Correct Way To To Save Docker Data To Cache Drive

bsim

So...I've finally got Ambar docker (https://ambar.cloud/docs/installation/) up and running with a few bugs yet to work out...but during the celebration of completing the massive frustration of configuration options of all of the different dockers necessary, I had a heart drop for a moment. The user shares all disappeared (but disk shares and drive space didn't change), so remembering that user shares are dynamically created, and figuring something with unraid just crashed in the background, I did to clean reboot (after waiting for a long while for attempt to unmount user shares).  Everything came backup up ok afterwards, but I'm thinking that my docker mappings had something to do with the crash.

I was relating docker location(s) IE "/usr/share/elasticsearch/data" directly to "/mnt/user/appdata/ambar" via docker paths. At some point as I was restarting several dockers at once a few times over, the crash occurred. (I pulled a diag before restarting just in case anyone wants to fish out the source issue).

Is there something wrong with directly relating the above folders that would cause the user shares to crash like that?  Is there a better/safer way to refer docker data to the cache drive shares ?

Ambar Docker Containers.png

Ambar Docker Containers B.png

Docker Allocations.png

Edited by bsim