motherboard died

Hi,

My motherboard died and i realised i don't have a good backup of my unraid (v6) config.

I have a new motherboard/psu.

I just thought i should ask what would be the best way to progress.

Can i view the old config from the files on the usb drive?

Regards Dave

24 minutes ago, daver said:

Hi,

My motherboard died and i realised i don't have a good backup of my unraid (v6) config.

I have a new motherboard/psu.

I just thought i should ask what would be the best way to progress.

Can i view the old config from the files on the usb drive?

Regards Dave

Normally you would just plugin the USB drive to the new system and boot off it and have your old configuration back.   Have you changed anything other than the motherboard/psu?   All the configuration information is on the USB drive in the config folder so make sure you have a backup of that just-in-case you later need it.

One thing to watch out for is if you are running VMs and passing through GPUs or other hardware.   In such a case the IOMMU groups have probably changed and you need to make the appropriate changes to get the VMs operational again.

Thanks.

I backed up config directory, and  copied the backup to another "unraid on usb", brought it up on an old laptop and the printed out the config.

My old abit ab9 pro mobo didn't have enough get up and go for docker, vm's. Never got to try out iommu either.  

9 minutes ago, daver said:

My old abit ab9 pro mobo didn't have enough get up and go for docker, vm's. Never got to try out iommu either.  

If you had nothing beyond stock capabilities installed then I would just boot up using the old USB stick on the new motherboard and expect everything to come up exactly as it was before.   If that does not work for any reason (that is not obvious) I would suggest you check back here.