Reusing replaced HDD in windows platform.

I need some help.   Recently I replaced my 3TB HDD with 8TB.   The 3TB HDD still works and I would like to use it with Windows 7/10 as an internal HDD (not using it with OS installed).   I was not able to format the HDD via windows.   How can I reformat the HDD to either exFAT or NTFS so I can reuse it in windows platform?  

Side note:   I plugged in back into my Unraid and reformat the drive to XFS, wanted to make sure it’s empty.    I made a mistake and it’s now doing parity sync/Rebuild.   So I have to wait a few more hours to remove that empty drive.  (I mounted and it’s listed as a drive).   

4 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Did it show up in the disk management screen?

Yes it did.   Can’t remember the details.   I was not able to reformat it from there.   The file system was formatted in ReiserFS.    So I decided to put it back in the server and format it to XFS.    I’m gonna give it another try tomorrow and see if I am able to format it to either NTFS or exFAT.   

17 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

You can format the disk normally in Windows, after removing the existing partition, nothing special needs to be done.

The first time I did that and it didnt work.    I just delete the volume and reformat to NTFS.    I do have another HDD that’s formatted to reiserfs.  Im gonna try it again and see if I get the same Problem.