Unraid Template for multiple dockers setup from dockerhub

bsim

So, I've setup Ambar from dockerhub using Community apps...But it has several very specific dependency dockers that are required to run it that are also housed in the same Ambar docker repository as part of the project.  After getting the several dockers setup (with all of their seperate settings), Is there a way to create an overall unraid template for pulling all of the seperate ambar dockers together and with all of their seperate settings that I scoured to find?

55 minutes ago, bsim said:

So, I've setup Ambar from dockerhub using Community apps...But it has several very specific dependency dockers that are required to run it that are also housed in the same Ambar docker repository as part of the project.  After getting the several dockers setup (with all of their seperate settings), Is there a way to create an overall unraid template for pulling all of the seperate ambar dockers together and with all of their seperate settings that I scoured to find?

You can install docker compose from nerd tools and use it to manage all containers.

it's not possible to install multiple containers in one template.

19 hours ago, bsim said:

will docker compose pull all of the settings (variables, ports...) that ive setup into something that unraid would be able to reproduce easily for others?

If you want to share with other unRaid users, then the individual apps are easier than a docker compose file.

When push comes to shove, docker compose is a "text-gui" for what unRaid does.  By switching to utilizing docker compose, you will lose the ability to manage the containers (for the most part) via the webUI, and will have to utilize the command line instead.

The main reason I had to build all of the variables manually was because the unraid system can't pull in the compose file that the docker(s) came with (using the gui)...the compose file actually has all of the seperate dockers configured in one file...What differences are there between what unraid needs and what a typical compose file looks like?

Has anyone considered making a plugin to translate standard compose files into what unraid requires? Or even the ability of unraid to export a compose file for a configured docker so that users can add apps to the community apps easier for others?