Two Drives Disabled due to SMART Error

Unraid version: 6.7.0-rc7

Two parity disks.

Got an alert this morning that two of my drives entered an error state. This occurred during a parity check which it appears to have auto-paused once these disks were disabled. From the Dashboard those disks show a healthy SMART data report, but alas I cannot actually get any SMART data from those disks. I get the below response for them:

smartctl 7.0 2018-12-30 r4883 [x86_64-linux-4.19.33-Unraid] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-18, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

Short INQUIRY response, skip product id
A mandatory SMART command failed: exiting. To continue, add one or more '-T permissive' options.

At the moment I'm holding off touching anything just to be safe. Would like some insight on how to approach resolving this. It's a bit concerning since I'm down two disks now.

Attached diagnostics info.

Thank you for your help!

undine-diagnostics-20190429-1330.zip

3 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Both disks on the Asmedia controller dropped offline, if it's an ad-don card check it's well seated.

It's not an add-on card. It's built into the mobo. I don't mind rebooting to see if it comes alive, but I know not to do so in favor of getting any logs.

EDIT: Further checking the mobo manual. The Asmedia controller is truly just for two SATA ports.

Edited by angerthosenear
Just now, johnnie.black said:

Rebooting/power cycle should bring them online, you'll then need to rebuild/resync both.

This would be a full data rebuild on these two drives then correct? Will there be anything special to do on boot or will it be fairly automatic when it powers back on to do a parity check?

Would I have to re-assign these drives to their slot or is there a better approach?

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

You need to unassign both, start the array, check that the emulated disk2 mounts and data looks correct, then stop array, re-assign both drives and start again to rebuild/sync, and hopefully this controller issue was a one time thing, Asmedia controllers usually work very well.

If the drives do appear after a reboot, I'm guessing I should just generally check for any actual SMART errors if it can see them and replace drives as necessary. Otherwise a rebuild/sync should be fairly worry free?