Upgrade options past 28 Drives?

Enliqhtened

What are my options past 28 data drives? I currently have 24 drives.

152TB

1x4TB

12x6TB

10x8TB

1x10TB

the last 4 will be 10TB and I'll upgrade the last 4TB. 

Can I link two Unraid systems together? Will that bottleneck emby transcoding a movie off the 2nd unraid system? Can I setup a zfs system that unraid uses? I'm really not sure how to move forward. I moved to unraid from windows and flexraid after building a proper server. Dockers have been awesome. 

Current server is dual xeon e5-2630 v3 2.4GHz with 64GB ecc ram. All dockers run off cup1 and emby/windows server run off cpu2. 10gb nic to switch.

The 2nd server I'm thinking the same system with updated cpus emby ran off cpu1. With cpu2 running VMs with game servers. ARK, Minecraft, CoH ect.

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

The cache pool can hold 24? (I think) drives as well. Those can be configured in any BTRFS supported RAID profile.

The whole point of moving to Unraid was for parity. I lost two drives before moving over 2 years ago. Since then I've lost another 3 but all data was saved.

2 hours ago, Enliqhtened said:

The whole point of moving to Unraid was for parity. I lost two drives before moving over 2 years ago. Since then I've lost another 3 but all data was saved.

Why are you losing so many drives?  It’s been 7 or 8 years since I have had a drive failure. 

10 hours ago, StevenD said:

Why are you losing so many drives?  It’s been 7 or 8 years since I have had a drive failure. 

I went years without having problems. Then lost the first two which were Seagate 3tb which were prone to failing. Plus age didn't help them. Then the 3rd was another 3tb Seagate. The fourth was a brand new 8TB shucked easystore. The last was an old 4TB WD red which died after a power failure my ups shut my server down. Mostly just aging drives. Except the 8TB.

Edited by Enliqhtened