Removing 4 bad drives from array

Lou

Hello, due to my bad luck while upgrading my system with a new mother board and replacing a four fan set up to a 3 120 mm fan set I ran into a misfortune with 4 of my drives, the case I have is a Norco 4220 and upon restarting the system found that the second row of drive where not showing up in the array. Looking into it further and reading information on the web come to realize that there was an issue with the back plane on the second row (which many have experience with the older back plane). I went a step further to double check having an older drive I tried it in the first 3rd and fourth row with no issue show up fine then i installed it into the second row with the problem back plane and sure enough fried that drive instantly. Contacted Norco with this issue reading that they have replaced the back planes with new rev. model still haven't heard back from them on the issue. Anyway I did read about shrinking the array and i'm waiting on 3 new 4 tb drives. Question is i have drives 0,1,2,3 lost 4,5,6,7 and still have 8,9,10 when i remove the fried 4,5,6,7 and do the new config do i have to put all the remaining good drive back in the same exact slot meaning the good drives would be in 0,1,2,3,8,9,10.

Sorry for the long post just trying to be clear.

Any input would be great time to move forward.

Lou