Asus Rampage VI Extreme

32GB RAM

EVGA Geforce 1080Ti

PNY P4000

Seagate Ironwolf 10TB

WD Red 10TB

Toshiba 8TB

Samsung 860 Evo 1TB

I want to do sooo much more like boost RAM and add NVME... but I have some med priorities right now.  Soooo...  maybe in 2020? 

I honestly just want to get an active license so that I can start trying to debug why it keeps shutting down on me repeatedly, and then be able to use what I have already dumped my load on. :-/

38 minutes ago, Muzza1742 said:

That's a lot of spec for someone who's got med priorities 😁

Hope everything gets better soon mate

How much did that lot cost you?

Very fair questions.

I've been building out since November of 2017... a little after Linus did his 3 VR gamer build.

My nephew wanted a computer for music, and I wanted one to learn video production and 3D model design.  So I bought the cpu, mobo, RAM and used a 4tb hdd initially.  We've just been running windows essentially. 

Since I returned to getting treated for knees (which have been an increasing problem for about 20 years (bilateral patella-alta) and have begun receiving tests to check my qualifications for a gastrointestinal procedure for the past 11 months.  So, I've been slowed down on the jobs I can take.  So getting large drives is a slow (and arduous) process. It's not been ideal... but one of my WD NAS drives already died, and I'm afraid that the other one may go soon too.

But, I am in a place now that we are wanting to let him get more involved in his music with synths... So, either way i'm going to just have to pull the trigger.  He's 15, so his patience just blows me away.  :-D

(I for damned sure was an impatient teenager.  LOL)