(SOLVED) Wrong disk showing

I just installed Unraid and I have two WD Red installed, first part of my problem; for some reason they are showing as one drive and I cannot figure out how I seperate them. Will this course problems down the road? I assume it is not ideal but I cannot find a way to deal with it. second part of my problem; the two drives showing as one disk is called Disk 1 and then I have a ssd for cache which shows just fine in the "main" tab, then when I go to shares I have called my Disk 1 called Storage and it should reflect the size of Disk 1 but it doesn't it shows the ssd in size, so I clicked on it and you can include or exclude drives but it doesn't change anything. Then I tried to turn off the cache ssd and then the Storage folder also disappears, which is wierd.

I mean the share Storage is just the two WD Reds and doesn't even use the ssd for cache and yet it seems to think that the share is just the ssd.

Any ide how I fix these problems?

Edited by HAJFAJV
3 hours ago, HAJFAJV said:

I just installed Unraid and I have two WD Red installed, first part of my problem; for some reason they are showing as one drive and I cannot figure out how I seperate them.

What evidence do you have that it is seeing both drives? I only see one in the diagnostics.

5 minutes ago, HAJFAJV said:

You're making me open up the box now! -.-

continuation following

Ha. I don't know what to say other than after opening the box you're correct, it is one 4 TB drive. Which of course makes me happier than two 2 TB if I ever were to upgrade and use different raid options... anyways lol! Btw in the builders defense he did put it together like a year ago and had it sit in a closet :)

I still have the problem of Disk 1 not showing as the storage for my main share named "nas", it doesn't seem to care if I include the Disk 1 or just use the all option, the only thing that did change something was when I turned off the 128 GB SSD then it disappeared, which it shouldn't. I tried to unmount Disk 1, but no luck.

nas doesn't apply the 4tb drive.png

6 minutes ago, HAJFAJV said:

Ha. I don't know what to say other than after opening the box you're correct, it is one 4 TB drive. Which of course makes me happier than two 2 TB if I ever were to upgrade and use different raid options... anyways lol! Btw in the builders defense he did put it together like a year ago and had it sit in a closet :)

I still have the problem of Disk 1 not showing as the storage for my main share named "nas", it doesn't seem to care if I include the Disk 1 or just use the all option, the only thing that did change something was when I turned off the 128 GB SSD then it disappeared, which it shouldn't. I tried to unmount Disk 1, but no luck.

nas doesn't apply the 4tb drive.png

What do you mean not showing? If the options to include cache were ticked before changing and you had wrote data to this share there will be data stored on your cache drive. To move this install the unBALANCE app from Community Apps to move the data. Once it is moved the small ! icon should disappear as no files are stored on cache anymore for that share - Link below gives a small explanation about excluding disks 

31 minutes ago, witalit said:

What do you mean not showing? If the options to include cache were ticked before changing and you had wrote data to this share there will be data stored on your cache drive. To move this install the unBALANCE app from Community Apps to move the data. Once it is moved the small ! icon should disappear as no files are stored on cache anymore for that share - Link below gives a small explanation about excluding disks 

Thank you for the explaination, I'll let you know how it went :)

I cannot seem to move all the files from the ssd to the hdd so I downloaded Preclear and I'm running that atm, as I had already moved all content from the hdd to my other pc, just in case I did something stupid and sure enough :D

Thanks for all you help btw, was really helpful, ty ❤️

22 hours ago, witalit said:

Yeah that should be fine then. Normally if a disk is included in a share the total space will show with all disks.. I see what you mean now total is only showing your cache.

See what happens after you preclear disk and include it again.

It just finished with the preclear but it still doesn't show the capacity in the free bracket

share capacity is still odd.png

4 minutes ago, HAJFAJV said:

It just finished with the preclear but it still doesn't show the capacity in the free bracket

Not entirely clear what you did. You can't preclear a disk that is in the array. If you removed it from the array to preclear it, but haven't added it back to the array and formatted it, then its space isn't yet available.

37 minutes ago, trurl said:

NVM. With only the single disk you don't have an array to start until you have assigned and formatted that disk, so I guess you must have done those things. 

Is that quite true?     I would have thought you could start the array simply by assigning the disk?   Then when you start it would should up as unformatted and until you format it the space is not available for use.

2 hours ago, trurl said:

Not entirely clear what you did. You can't preclear a disk that is in the array. If you removed it from the array to preclear it, but haven't added it back to the array and formatted it, then its space isn't yet available.

I removed it from the array, and precleared it. that took a while, then I added it to the same place again (unraid tells you that a disk is missing). then I started the array again and added it to the shared folder and that is when the screen capture comes in, it should show 4 tb more than it's.

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

Is that quite true?     I would have thought you could start the array simply by assigning the disk?   Then when you start it would should up as unformatted and until you format it the space is not available for use.

At least I couldn't I had to format before starting

It seems to be a problem with my cache ssd, I stopped everything and remounted the 4 tb hdd to disk 2 instead of disk 1 and that didn't do anything, then I mounted it back on disk 1 and so everything was as when I started.

I removed the cache ssd and that did also remove the folders, and then I remade the shared folder with on the hdd active, two things;

it worked and I could see the 4 tb as the shared folder, secondly I then attached the cache ssd to see what would happen and now I could see the folders have 4.05 tb of capacity, so I guess that is the ssd and some wierd rounding since it is 128 gb, without the ssd cache it said 3.99 or something.

but I'll just try a different ssd I have quite a few, a KingDian whatever that is, a few of the cheapest 128 mb Kingstons one Intel and one SP I think that's Silicon Power.